Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
05-27-2016, 09:01 AM - 1 Like   #26851
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Cuban?
More like this Racer....we need to set a good example for the little kiddies.

Name:  Cigars.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  78.7 KB

...which reminds me, with children present we need to clean up our language here. We don't want them to grow up to be renegade "hotheads".

Regards!

05-27-2016, 09:16 AM   #26852
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
More like this Racer....we need to set a good example for the little kiddies.

Sure.

Send the message that it is OK to emulate bad habits. Then they will be confused about what is and isn't OK and will have a complex.

They'll spend many years in therapy.

Still, most of them will turn out alright.

05-27-2016, 09:34 AM - 1 Like   #26853
Veteran Member

Maybe this thread serves some legitimate purpose...at least for old guys. I have never had this feeling of loneliness, and truthfully, don't understand it. I can ...and do ...talk to everyone I come across if there is an opportunity. I have real world friends around town and real world friends right here at PF. Unless you are disabled and can't get out...how can you be lonely? Chocolate Girlfriends abound...all you need is chocolate!

The Silent Killer Among American Retirees -- The Motley Fool

Hey, I was in Aldis yesterday and trying to figure out some Italian breads for my spinach soup. A middle age couple came along and picked up a big loaf and I asked if they had any expertise? They answered in a heavy Italian accent and in no time they were schooling me in Italian breads. Before it was over I got an invite to a dinner of some of her expert genuine Italian cooking. It's not hard, you just open your mouth and fire away...then listen to what they have to offer. Pretty simple!
05-27-2016, 02:56 PM   #26854
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Maybe this thread serves some legitimate purpose...at least for old guys. I have never had this feeling of loneliness, and truthfully, don't understand it. I can ...and do ...talk to everyone I come across if there is an opportunity. I have real world friends around town and real world friends right here at PF. Unless you are disabled and can't get out...how can you be lonely? Chocolate Girlfriends abound...all you need is chocolate!

The Silent Killer Among American Retirees -- The Motley Fool

Hey, I was in Aldis yesterday and trying to figure out some Italian breads for my spinach soup. A middle age couple came along and picked up a big loaf and I asked if they had any expertise? They answered in a heavy Italian accent and in no time they were schooling me in Italian breads. Before it was over I got an invite to a dinner of some of her expert genuine Italian cooking. It's not hard, you just open your mouth and fire away...then listen to what they have to offer. Pretty simple!
I must have had a few glasses of wine too many - the above looks like wisdom from our friend Rupert

Oh, and the twisted irony of fate has left me drinking alone tonight, no friends in sight. Just some nice white wine in my glass, Bob Dylan on the radio... Ahhh, life is good sometimes

05-27-2016, 05:00 PM - 1 Like   #26855
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Oh, and the twisted irony of fate has left me drinking alone tonight, no friends in sight. Just some nice white wine in my glass, Bob Dylan on the radio... Ahhh, life is good sometimes
Life imitates art.

Life is good.

No turds friends to kill the mood.
05-27-2016, 06:21 PM - 1 Like   #26856
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
the above looks like wisdom from our friend Rupert
Yep...you definitely need to slow down on the wine!

Racer...these K1 guys must be a different breed? They are not what I'd call your "social types". I stopped Otis out in the woods today, he had a team of squirrels dragging oxygen tanks, all sort of hoses, vital sign monitors and even an old iron lung he got from the local junk man. I asked him what the hell he was doing? ......"That K1 Group is going on life support....if it isn't already too late."
05-27-2016, 07:35 PM   #26857
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, Memorial Day Weekend is upon us.

At least for those of us in the US.

Memorial Day is when we remember the men and women who have served our Great Nation.

But it is also a time when something else happens. It is the gateway to summer in the Northern Hemisphere. Barbecues. Beer.

And racing.

The Triple Crown happens Sunday.

First will be the Formula One Grand Prix race from Monaco. An iconic and prestigious event, running for 50 odd years. A true test of man and machine on the streets of this affluent principality.

Then the Greatest Spectacle in racing, from Indianapolis, Indiana, the Indy 500. A test of man (and sometimes woman) and machine for 500 miles.

And topping it all off will be the Coca Cola 600 (originally named the World 600) from Charlotte, North Carolina. Another test of man, woman and machine, for 600 miles.

Juan Pablo Montoya has won the Monaco Grand Prix once and the Indy 500 twice. The 600 in Charlotte eluded him when he competed in stock cars.

So Racer will be firmly planted in the recliner this Sunday, and no one is allowed to touch the remote but me.

Beer may be consumed.

And a great time will be had.

Join me if you like.

But bring beer. OK?

05-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #26858
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh, and take a moment to remember our heroes.

05-27-2016, 11:45 PM   #26859
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Well, Memorial Day Weekend is upon us.

At least for those of us in the US.

Memorial Day is when we remember the men and women who have served our Great Nation.

But it is also a time when something else happens. It is the gateway to summer in the Northern Hemisphere. Barbecues. Beer.

And racing.

The Triple Crown happens Sunday.

First will be the Formula One Grand Prix race from Monaco. An iconic and prestigious event, running for 50 odd years. A true test of man and machine on the streets of this affluent principality.

Then the Greatest Spectacle in racing, from Indianapolis, Indiana, the Indy 500. A test of man (and sometimes woman) and machine for 500 miles.

And topping it all off will be the Coca Cola 600 (originally named the World 600) from Charlotte, North Carolina. Another test of man, woman and machine, for 600 miles.

Juan Pablo Montoya has won the Monaco Grand Prix once and the Indy 500 twice. The 600 in Charlotte eluded him when he competed in stock cars.

So Racer will be firmly planted in the recliner this Sunday, and no one is allowed to touch the remote but me.

Beer may be consumed.

And a great time will be had.

Join me if you like.

But bring beer. OK?
Well here it is a Bank Holiday, when everyone goes on holiday on Monday because the banks go on holiday on Monday. Puzzles me, in Australia we always thought of some specific excuse for a holiday and gave the day a name.

BTW: this weekend is the 100th anniversary of Jutland.

---------- Post added 05-28-16 at 05:18 PM ----------

Can anyone explain why Memorial Day is celebrated/remembered at the end of May.
05-28-2016, 12:42 AM   #26860
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Can anyone explain why Memorial Day is celebrated/remembered at the end of May.

Wikipedia can. <<<<< click click
05-28-2016, 07:02 AM - 1 Like   #26861
Veteran Member

But bring beer. OK?
Also time to remember to buy a couple of boxes of Velveeta for Rotel dip.......the most popular Holiday dip in America.

VELVEETA® Spicy Sausage Dip - Kraft Recipes

That Buffalo Beer Dip looks pretty tasty too!

Be careful out there this weekend! Racer, remember to get out of that comfy chair at least once every 30-40 minutes to get more Rotel dip and beer.......sitting many hours without movement is dangerous and can cause blood clots. My body, being well acclimated to long stretches of doing nothing, is mostly immune to such problems, so I can go for 8-10 hours frozen on my office chair without moving much of anything.

Forgot: Jim, this is no time for a holiday, you have nursemaid duties so stay at your station and tend to the little babies. Their little lives are in your hands, and you can't put them at risk with your desire for "good times".
05-28-2016, 07:15 AM - 1 Like   #26862
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
2 days ago there were only 2 sprouts. This morning there are 5.
Quintuplets!
05-28-2016, 08:19 AM   #26863
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Quintuplets!
I'm gonna have to take another BP pill...my heart is racing! Wait until I tell Otis...it's Sat and he sleeps 'til noon, but he will be so excited!

Looking forward to the day they produce their own offspring! Can't wait to eat a couple of them!

Is Donna excited...or is she like Mrs Rupert..."You called me back here to look at this??"
05-28-2016, 10:28 AM   #26864
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Quintuplets!

Keep watching.

Soon there will be 8.

Then you will be Octomom!
05-28-2016, 10:32 AM   #26865
Veteran Member

Racer....I just posted in the K1 Group club.....Otis made me shower and put on surgical clothing and a face mask before I could enter...he said there are many there in terminal condition and on life support. It was very quiet in there...sort of spooky....can you recruit some "real people" to join up over there? Maybe some here will get a K1 or at least want one and join up? Wannabees are welcome there too!

Otis has an idea, he says you can select some "social people" and make them join...if they don't you can ban them for 30 days.....sounds like a winner to me!