Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
06-09-2016, 01:27 AM - 1 Like   #27106
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
....but as I reminded Mrs Rupert...I have two broken feet and a twisted knee. She should know better!
Are you OK Jim? Perhaps that missing undercarriage plate is causing carbon monoxide poisoning? I'm really worried about you if you wave away an offer like that!

06-09-2016, 05:10 AM   #27107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Be a great room for some nasty stuff
Lewdfish?

I'm envious of your scenic drive Rupert.
06-09-2016, 07:44 AM   #27108
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Are you OK Jim? Perhaps that missing undercarriage plate is causing carbon monoxide poisoning? I'm really worried about you if you wave away an offer like that!
Hey, don't worry about old Rupert! Being handicapped often just means letting others do the "work" for you. Anyhow, things worked out....or in...or out and in.....you know what I mean.

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I'm envious of your scenic drive Rupert.
What a drive it was! Without Racer we would have missed an everlasting memory.

Off to Albany this morning.....about 3 hours away. A couple more days in this area and then headed back home. The little TT is a very comfortable ride and so easy to drive.....but sitting all day is tough on these old joints. We stop every few hundred miles and stretch out, get some coffee or Cokes and stay alert.
Thank goodness for McDonalds! Some hate them, but they are a saving grace for travelers! I love them! If everything disappeared but MDonalds and Walmart, we could survive!

We stopped yesterday at a Walgreen, CVS, and Walmart so Mrs Rupert could go in and buy a few things.......just because she "missed them".

See you guys at the next opportunity I get!
Regards!
06-09-2016, 08:19 AM   #27109
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
What a drive it was! Without Racer we would have missed an everlasting memory.

I'm happy to have enriched your trip Jim!

I know plenty of scenic 'short cuts'!

06-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #27110
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank goodness for McDonalds! Some hate them, but they are a saving grace for travelers! I love them! If everything disappeared but MDonalds and Walmart, we could survive!

Actually, McDonald's is closing stores.

McDonald?s is closing hundreds of stores this year - Fortune

For me the small time café and burger joint is a much better option when eating on the road. I like the idea of supporting the small business owner.
06-09-2016, 08:29 AM   #27111
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

What's really nice......the great ride we had today from Ontario to Redmond, where we are stopped for the night. Mrs Rupert has reminded me a dozen times to "Thank Racer!!!"

Be sure to let your lovely wife know that there are many more nice drives to take.

So, did you go through the John Day Fossil Beds?
06-09-2016, 09:28 AM   #27112
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Hey John, how's Lake Poitiers?

Have the rains let up yet?
We were spared the heavy down pours and it's finally dry and sunny here ... almost all of May and the first week of June were rotten. C'est la vie !

06-09-2016, 11:36 AM   #27113
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yesterday it poured after my meeting in London, so I did not see much there. The rain was heavy, like Adelaide rain. Lsted not too long but then it was a bit late so I went home.

Today it was sunny while driving to Birmingham, and even sunnier when I came home.
06-09-2016, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #27114
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
We were spared the heavy down pours and it's finally dry and sunny here ... almost all of May and the first week of June were rotten. C'est la vie !
Almost the opposite of here, then. At least end of May and the start of June have been unusually warm and stable. Back to more normal weather now, ever changing with highs hitting the low twenties. I will mark this as a good summer, no matter what the rest of it will be like. Be that as it may, life is good when the light is in the north those few hours between sunset and sunrise.

Sånn er livet!
06-09-2016, 01:29 PM   #27115
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Almost the opposite of here, then. At least end of May and the start of June have been unusually warm and stable. Back to more normal weather now, ever changing with highs hitting the low twenties. I will mark this as a good summer, no matter what the rest of it will be like. Be that as it may, life is good when the light is in the north those few hours between sunset and sunrise.

Sånn er livet!
Lucky ewe ...

My better half was in Berlin last weekend and it was "hot" there. She had to buy a short skirt since she packed only long pants ...

We had yet another crappy, cloudy, cool, off-season weekend in Poitou-Charentes ... go figure.
06-09-2016, 03:38 PM - 1 Like   #27116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
For me the small time café and burger joint is a much better option when eating on the road. I like the idea of supporting the small business owner.
Yep, who would buy Macca's when there are real burgers to be had!!!!
06-09-2016, 05:39 PM   #27117
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Yep, who would buy Macca's when there are real burgers to be had!!!!

That's right.

Grilled to perfection on a real grill.

Not heated in a microwave and slapped on a steamed bun.

Reminds me of the punch line to a joke.

Two obese Pattys.

Special Ross.

Lester pickin' bunions.

On a Sesame Street bus.
06-09-2016, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #27118
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

LOL
06-09-2016, 06:36 PM - 1 Like   #27119
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And real hamburgers don't have a Sesame Street bus; they have real bread toasted rolls!!
06-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #27120
Veteran Member

15 hours and no posts about arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, canon, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, diet, dora, drink, dslr, front, gin, hair, igunaq, k-3, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, pages, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, people, pm, possums, posts, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, stuff, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world, youtube

What the heck ?!?