Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2016, 11:49 AM   #27256

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
. . . . . . Kodachrome 64, or even Kodachrome 25. Anyone remember that stuff?

My favorites.

I miss them.

06-18-2016, 11:51 AM   #27257
Loyal Site Supporter

I once used that idea with my grandfather. He said something about having time to take pictures and I said about the same as you. It might have been 1/60th - after all it was Kodachrome 64, or even Kodachrome 25. Anyone remember that stuff? I only ever shot a few frames at the end of a roll.
Now I understand what that "1/100th" meant......because I didn't get it when it was posted. This in no way means that I am slow, suffering from dementia or am otherwise mentally incapacitated. I have shots as low as 1/15th handheld to prove it!
06-18-2016, 11:51 AM   #27258

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Bandon OR. No cheese. No bacon.

Just up the coast a bit.

Tillamook.

Some if the best cheese made.

Worth the trip.
06-18-2016, 12:06 PM - 1 Like   #27259

At Costco yesterday I found the English brewed version of 13 guns IPA. Not bad.

Beer.

Guns.

What a combination.

06-18-2016, 12:47 PM - 1 Like   #27260
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Beer.
Out in Oregon they had a popular ale called Dead Guy. It was a wheat ale with none of those obnoxious flavors added and it was perfect! Have never had a better wheat ale anywhere...maybe close at the Brewery in Fredericksburg Tx.
06-18-2016, 03:54 PM - 1 Like   #27261
Pentaxian

Ah, beer ...

Can you believe I am a German who mostly prefer non-German beers, like IPAs etc.? Only German beer I like is Bavarian wheat beer.

Don't tell my compatriots though

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Out in Oregon they had a popular ale called Dead Guy. It was a wheat ale with none of those obnoxious flavors added and it was perfect! Have never had a better wheat ale anywhere...maybe close at the Brewery in Fredericksburg Tx.
Over here Brewdog has an IPA called 'Dead Pony'. Sounds enticing, doesn't it?
06-18-2016, 04:20 PM - 2 Likes   #27262
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
I'll bet you can't beat it.
06-18-2016, 05:07 PM   #27263
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I'll bet you can't beat it.

....so tell me about the little toddlers? Are they growing like weeds? Potty trained? Showing any signs of puberty? It was the first thing Otis asked me after we got home...."what about the little babies?" A pepper loving squirrel is more than a little unusual...but so is Otis.

Regards!

06-18-2016, 05:16 PM   #27264
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

One of them, the first born, needs to be repotted. The other two, planted several weeks apart, are progressing nicely.
I built some shelves in the front windows when the first born got too big to fit on the sill.
06-18-2016, 05:26 PM   #27265
Loyal Site Supporter

One of them, the first born, needs to be repotted. The other two, planted several weeks apart, are progressing nicely.
I built some shelves in the front windows when the first born got too big to fit on the sill.
Otis will be very pleased with that report! Me too! You sound like a wonderful dad......maybe you would like a few blind orphan squirrels to care for?

Regards!
06-18-2016, 07:25 PM   #27266

Out in Oregon they had a popular ale called Dead Guy.

Had it. Great stuff.

Lots of really good regional brews in the Great Pacific Northwet.
06-18-2016, 10:58 PM   #27267
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Now I understand what that "1/100th" meant......because I didn't get it when it was posted. This in no way means that I am slow, suffering from dementia or am otherwise mentally incapacitated. I have shots as low as 1/15th handheld to prove it!
I even have an indoor picture series with my 1000/10 mirror macro, 1/10 handheld. High risk of inadequate steadiness waving that 2.5kg thing around.

---------- Post added 06-19-16 at 04:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Ah, beer ...

Can you believe I am a German who mostly prefer non-German beers, like IPAs etc.? Only German beer I like is Bavarian wheat beer.

Don't tell my compatriots though

Funny. Most people will doggedly support the beer from the place they come from as though that is good and all the others are just imitations. I have a friend here who told me not to drink English beer because he says it tastes like dish water. There is a wide mix here, some would be better not made, most are quite reasonable.
06-19-2016, 04:14 AM - 2 Likes   #27268
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
who told me not to drink English beer because he says it tastes like dish water.
Maybe Budweiser is sold in England under a different name?
06-19-2016, 04:19 AM   #27269
Pentaxian

Funny. Most people will doggedly support the beer from the place they come from as though that is good and all the others are just imitations. I have a friend here who told me not to drink English beer because he says it tastes like dish water. There is a wide mix here, some would be better not made, most are quite reasonable.
Well, we Germans do have a world wide reputation of making some of the finest beers in existence, so I guess if I said we have the best beer in the world I would have more of a valid claim than, say, Sri Lanka, or Sweden, or New Zealand We also have the oldest brewery in continuous operation (Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan, established 1040). But it's obviously just a matter of personal preference, and mine lies elsewhere
06-19-2016, 04:21 AM   #27270
Pentaxian

Maybe Budweiser is sold in England under a different name?
I have a joke about American beer that I cannot tell here as the punch line depends on coarse language