Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
06-19-2016, 06:43 AM - 1 Like   #27271
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Maybe Budweiser is sold in England under a different name?

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
I have a joke about American beer that I cannot tell here as the punch line depends on coarse language
PM it to me and I'll post it....I am currently off of probation and it makes me uncomfortable!

06-19-2016, 07:23 AM   #27272
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
PM it to me and I'll post it....I am currently off of probation and it makes me uncomfortable!
06-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #27273
Veteran Member

I don't agree with the joke.....but you can notify the proper Mod that is most likely already monitoring me. Remember, I have two broken feet, a twisted knee that may require surgery, and a moderate to severe case of dementia. In Texas you can be sued and/or jailed for abuse of the elderly and/or infirm......Texas extradites from anywhere on earth....just keep it in mind!

"American beer is like having sex in a canoe........*******close to water."

Fox...in America that joke will get you a free Budweiser....drink up!

Regards!
06-19-2016, 11:54 AM   #27274
Veteran Member

I don't agree with the joke ...
Neither do I - the US has many fine craft breweries that I hope to try out some day

And how did you manage to get yourself in such bad shape?

06-19-2016, 12:06 PM - 1 Like   #27275
Veteran Member

And how did you manage to get yourself in such bad shape?
Accidents happen sooner or later if you are active...and I was always active...then when you are not so active you are even more accident prone with less agility.
The dementia just comes naturally...I was born with it. Just like my grandson in Oregon. He will be fine as long as he stays out of prison.

Here is an accident waiting to happen.....that Cheater Branch is not going to hold a really fat squirrel much longer.....and there are some really fat squirrels around here! That tiny screw is all that stands between the squirrel and the ground.

Regards!

Haven't heard from a Mod ....yet. Most of them are wholesome guys/gals and probably couldn't figure out the ******* ?? Only Racer would "get it" right away, and with his vocabulary he probably wouldn't consider it out of the ordinary?
06-19-2016, 12:31 PM   #27276
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The dementia just comes naturally...I was born with it.
(Laughs).

06-19-2016, 12:32 PM   #27277
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Maybe Budweiser is sold in England under a different name?
Budweiser is sold under its native brand in the same kind of shops that sell Fosters (brewed in England). Fosters - that is one to give a miss. Actually there are quite a lot of nice English beers - and I did not come from here so it is not that my palate definition of 'good' is what I grew up with. Still like coopers, genuinely brewed in Adelaide (that's not in England).

---------- Post added 06-20-16 at 06:04 AM ----------

Well, we Germans do have a world wide reputation of making some of the finest beers in existence, so I guess if I said we have the best beer in the world I would have more of a valid claim than, say, Sri Lanka, or Sweden, or New Zealand We also have the oldest brewery in continuous operation (Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan, established 1040). But it's obviously just a matter of personal preference, and mine lies elsewhere
A thinking person, willing to try different and discern what is pleasing.

---------- Post added 06-20-16 at 06:05 AM ----------

Rupert, was that you or Otis typing?

06-19-2016, 02:13 PM   #27278
Veteran Member

There are plenty of very good beers, and most will suffice if you are hot and thirsty. There are some that are horribly bad too. Those you don't tend to forget. I bought some "Big Flats" at Walgreens once...$1.29 a six pack or something like that.....and even the raccoons refused it, and they will drink most anything.

The Dead Guy brew in Oregon really surprised me.....better than average by a wide margin.

It's 90F here currently and 75% humidity....a sweat box out there. I bet this squirrel would even go for a cold Big Flat right now!

He comes up for air every few minutes then goes back in with the lid closed. Not much on this earth will stop a hungry gluttonous squirrel.

Regards!
06-19-2016, 02:34 PM   #27279
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I tried Budweiser once.
06-19-2016, 02:48 PM   #27280
Veteran Member

There are plenty of very good beers, and most will suffice if you are hot and thirsty.
You know what they say:

The best beer is a free beer. The second best one is a cold one.
06-19-2016, 02:50 PM   #27281
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not to mention malt liquor in some dive in the swampy backwaters of southern Georgia. But that was much more fun than the Bud.
06-19-2016, 03:26 PM   #27282
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Rupert, was that you or Otis typing?
With that dementia, I have already forgotten.

Has anyone ever made homemade beer? When I was a kid it was one of our favorite projects...and got us in a ton of trouble too. It was so easy to make....a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon malt that could be bought at the grocery store, some sugar, some water, and some dry yeast. It was drinkable in only 4 days and had a little buzz to it. The flavor is what I recall most...it was smooth with good carbonation...lots of little bubbles. A pale yellow and very mellow without any bitterness.

I got in so much trouble making that stuff...but never gave it up...until we found a supplier of the bottled beer that would sell to us.

Regards!
06-19-2016, 04:34 PM   #27283
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Quite a few people up here make their own beer and wine, not all of it legal shall we say. A little bit of this and a little bit of that and ferment for a week. The local store ran out of sealift pop and the fly-in cans (255ml) are now $6.18 a can. Yeast, sugar and Welch's Grape juice is significantly cheaper.
06-19-2016, 04:47 PM   #27284
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Yeast, sugar and Welch's Grape juice is significantly cheaper.
At $2.89 a bottle that Winking Owl wine at Aldis is cheaper than Welch's grape juice here. I don't care for wine much, but this Aldis stuff is not half bad...for shoe polish! Wine lovers give it good ratings.....for whatever that's worth?

Regards!
06-19-2016, 04:49 PM   #27285
Veteran Member

At $2.89 a bottle that Winking Owl wine at Aldis is cheaper than Welch's grape juice here. I don't care for wine much, but this Aldis stuff is not half bad...for shoe polish! Wine lovers give it good ratings.....for whatever that's worth?

Regards!
Polishing shoes with wine!!!

I knew you were a bit odd but not that crazy!