Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
06-20-2016, 12:03 AM   #27301
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I don't agree with the joke.....but you can notify the proper Mod that is most likely already monitoring me. Remember, I have two broken feet, a twisted knee that may require surgery, and a moderate to severe case of dementia. In Texas you can be sued and/or jailed for abuse of the elderly and/or infirm......Texas extradites from anywhere on earth....just keep it in mind!

"American beer is like having sex in a canoe........*******close to water."

Fox...in America that joke will get you a free Budweiser....drink up!

Regards!

Looks like we're back to ******* asterisks again.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 06-20-2016 at 07:34 AM.
06-20-2016, 12:04 AM   #27302
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
You know what they say:

The best beer is a free beer. The second best one is a cold one.

The best beer is a frosty cold free one.
06-20-2016, 12:11 AM   #27303
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Quite a few people up here make their own beer and wine, not all of it legal shall we say. A little bit of this and a little bit of that and ferment for a week. The local store ran out of sealift pop and the fly-in cans (255ml) are now $6.18 a can. Yeast, sugar and Welch's Grape juice is significantly cheaper.

Hey John.

Haven't seen you for a while.

How are things up North?
06-20-2016, 12:24 AM   #27304
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Funny how people disappear here...some to return and some never to be heard from again. It could be some people regain their sanity and leave...or go totally insane and can't find their way back? Or...it could be the damn squirrels got 'em?

Like the Great Pentaxdude, our Holy Father.

I wonder how long it was before he unsubscribed from His Baby.

But you know, he still lurks.

QuoteQuote:
Last activity:
3/15/16

06-20-2016, 04:45 AM   #27305
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

He lurks very quietly, by the looks of things.
06-20-2016, 05:58 AM   #27306
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Rupert, what did you expect of the Big Flats at that price? It would cost more to collect the dishwashing water from the sink and bottle it and ship it to the shop.
Answer:
"If it looks/sounds too good to be true....."

Or more likely
"There is no fool like an old fool."

---------- Post added 06-20-16 at 08:23 AM ----------

Woke up this morning and planned on calling my orthopedic doc to see about my twisted knee.....it was very painful this weekend. No pain this morning, fairly decent mobility and the swelling is way down. So...I'll wait a few more days and see what happens.

Of course, in the meantime I will have to avoid any type of strenuous work like taking out the trash, feeding the animals twice a day or any other of the items on Mrs Rupert's 627 page list of "Things that need to be done". It is so ironic, I had planned to get started on that list as soon as vacation was over but fate had other plans........ no doubt Mrs Rupert will be understanding?

I'm almost certain that going to Aldis ( my favorite pastime!) and visiting my Chocolate Girlfriends will still be possible...and even therapeutic? May not be a bad week after all!
06-20-2016, 07:20 AM   #27307
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I tried Budweiser once.
I'm sorry

06-20-2016, 08:32 AM   #27308
Veteran Member

My flatmate is German-American (American father, German mother), but spent most of his life in Germany, so considers himself more of a German than an American. And he likes Budweiser.

He could have picked the best from either side, but no ...
06-20-2016, 09:24 AM - 2 Likes   #27309
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
My flatmate is German-American (American father, German mother), but spent most of his life in Germany, so considers himself more of a German than an American. And he likes Budweiser.

He could have picked the best from either side, but no ...
I had to read that several times.

It still doesn't make sense.

At all.

Does he like Velveeta, too?

I posted this a few (or a few more) thousand posts ago, but feel it's time for a reminder...

06-20-2016, 09:41 AM   #27310
Veteran Member

I'm gonna step in for Budweiser....in my youth I drank an ocean of Bud. Ricewater, but not bad at all. No, it is not at the same high standard of Velveeta, but it is a decent brew and ingredient-wise, different than most. One thing it isn't is a little fruity flavored "sissy" beer. No orange, cinnamon, or other girly flavors to make it a delight with the women.

Is is it the best? No, unlike Velveeta, it is not the best, but it is not that bad either. I seldom take advice form lutefish eaters, so there you go....old Rupert was a Bud drinker!

Regards!
06-20-2016, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #27311
Veteran Member

One thousand, eight hundred and twenty-one pages and still going strong! What is the record here on PF for a thread? And to think I actually checked in today to see what the most up-to-date wisdom is regarding the K-3. Imagine my surprise to see you trashing my beloved Bud - best beer ever made. The King! Except for Guinness - that might even be better. Also had a brew from Arizona called Kiltlifter - now that is good beer! Anyway, I was thinking upgrading to either k-3 or k-70 (need flash); wonder how they compare? Prices are very close. You photogs with the new k-1's are really putting out some stellar images, and I'd be tempted to go that way, except my wants seem to be driving me to lighter, smaller. Was thinking that maybe the lineup of k-70 plus limiteds 15, 20-40, and 70 might be the best for me. I hardly do anything really long any more, so 70 might work for the long end. So.....what do you think.....k-3, or k-70? Maybe I need to grab a Bud and think it over.
06-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #27312
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GlennG Quote
Imagine my surprise to see you trashing my beloved Bud - best beer ever made.
Maybe not quite that strong on Bud myself.....but it's not that bad a beer....remember, we are dealing with lutefish eaters here, so their taste buds are most definitely very warped.

I can only tell you that the K1 is the most amazing camera I have ever owned! It is almost beyond description in its abilities and so much fun to use!
I haven't read anything on the K70...but from what I have heard it may be another Pentax winner.

Off to Aldis and buying chocolates for my Chocolate Girlfriends....after being gone for two weeks they are most likely in chocolate withdrawal and in dire need of old Rupert.....gotta love it!

Regards!
06-20-2016, 12:54 PM   #27313
Veteran Member

Anyone recall the "funky chicken"?? This shot reminded me of the funky chicken....

I never was much of a dancer......I did like to view skilled dancers in certain clubs I once frequented. You too?

Regards!
06-20-2016, 04:52 PM   #27314
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I'm sorry
Don't be! I like to try everything once.

Here's a few beers that I really like: (In order of preference)
Hoegaarden verboden vrucht bier door Anheuser-Busch InBev | Belgische Bieren
Ah - Verboden Vrucht. It really is in a class of it's own. Forbidden fruit indeed!

Home
Probably my favourite large brewery beer.

Specialty Brands | Beer Brands | Molson Coors
The beer of my youth.

Unfortunately, The Upper Canada Brewing Co in Toronto's beers were never again the same once they were bought out. But they did start a trend in microbreweries way back in 1985.
And, I've never been able to find it outside Canada.
06-20-2016, 04:59 PM   #27315
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
And he likes Budweiser.
That is so messed up at so many levels, it`s not even remotely funny :0