Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2016, 10:03 AM   #27421
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,191
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
How do eyeglasses like those in that photo stay on? Always wondered. Surely some engineer or gravitational expert here on the forum has some explanation.
Super Glue Gel...works for me. Makes it tough when you sleep, but otherwise is wonderful!

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
That actually sounds good.
That's because it is! Even Otis swears by it!

Regards!

06-27-2016, 12:29 PM   #27422
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,444
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That's because it is! Even Otis swears by it!


Otis is a cannibal.
06-27-2016, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #27423
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,191
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Otis is a cannibal.
You now know how Otis retains total control in the Woods of Otis and his giant Army of Squirrels!
06-27-2016, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #27424
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,920
old dude rambling

Infinity.
It freaks me out when it comes to space, but not when it comes to numbers.
My big brother explained it to me this way, what if you came to a wall in space? what's on the other side of that wall?
That was no help.

I see shows like "How it's Made" or any program with complicated machinery doing all kinds of stuff and think, geez, a machine made all those parts, and another machine made the parts to make the parts that made the parts........

When I was young my dad said: Look around you, everything you see came from this earth.
Still amazing to me.
I've always thought the way radios work is incredible , and televisions downright magical.
Now we have smartphones doing so many things it's mind boggling to this old brain.

Lots of folks today seem angry about something, many things, or everything, being amazed is a hell of a lot more fun and it lowers the blood pressure.

06-27-2016, 04:04 PM - 1 Like   #27425
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,132
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Infinity.
It freaks me out when it comes to space, but not when it comes to numbers.
My big brother explained it to me this way, what if you came to a wall in space? what's on the other side of that wall?
That was no help.

I see shows like "How it's Made" or any program with complicated machinery doing all kinds of stuff and think, geez, a machine made all those parts, and another machine made the parts to make the parts that made the parts........

When I was young my dad said: Look around you, everything you see came from this earth.
Still amazing to me.
I've always thought the way radios work is incredible , and televisions downright magical.
Now we have smartphones doing so many things it's mind boggling to this old brain.

Lots of folks today seem angry about something, many things, or everything, being amazed is a hell of a lot more fun and it lowers the blood pressure.
Just say ":swear: it!" and don't think about it again
06-27-2016, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #27426
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,444
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
old dude rambling

Infinity.
It freaks me out when it comes to space, but not when it comes to numbers.
My big brother explained it to me this way, what if you came to a wall in space? what's on the other side of that wall?
That was no help.

I see shows like "How it's Made" or any program with complicated machinery doing all kinds of stuff and think, geez, a machine made all those parts, and another machine made the parts to make the parts that made the parts........

When I was young my dad said: Look around you, everything you see came from this earth.
Still amazing to me.
I've always thought the way radios work is incredible , and televisions downright magical.
Now we have smartphones doing so many things it's mind boggling to this old brain.

Lots of folks today seem angry about something, many things, or everything, being amazed is a hell of a lot more fun and it lowers the blood pressure.
I'm with you on this Bob.
06-27-2016, 05:50 PM - 1 Like   #27427
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,285
I'm back!
We were camping in the Black Hills this weekend. Spotty cell service.
The good news is that we stayed up North so we wouldn't get snowed on.
06-27-2016, 06:00 PM   #27428
Moderator
Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,541
Our weather is not suitable for camping at the moment. Had fun?

06-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #27429
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,132
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Our weather is not suitable for camping at the moment. Had fun?
We Canadians can camp in any weather and call it suitable.
Sun, Cloud, Rain, Snow, Sleet, Blizzard...
06-27-2016, 06:42 PM - 1 Like   #27430
Moderator
Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,541
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Sun, Cloud, Rain, Snow, Sleet, Blizzard
Is that a typical summer afternoon then?
06-27-2016, 06:58 PM   #27431
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,920
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
We Canadians can camp in any weather and call it suitable.
Sun, Cloud, Rain, Snow, Sleet, Blizzar
Under the stars and I'm impressed, otherwise I am not.
06-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #27432
Loyal Site Supporter
AggieDad's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 506
I always thought Brunswick stew was equal parts squirrel and racoon - 1 squirrel and 1 racoon.

---------- Post added 06-27-16 at 09:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Our weather is not suitable for camping at the moment. Had fun?
In the RV, all weather is camping weather. 😀
06-27-2016, 07:27 PM   #27433
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,191
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
The good news is that we stayed up North so we wouldn't get snowed on.
...and we don't need the snow...so thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I'm with you on this Bob.
Count me in.....I am still amazed by fireflies....and talking squirrels.

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
I always thought Brunswick stew was equal parts squirrel and racoon - 1 squirrel and 1 racoon.
Or a squirrel and half a possum. Possums are pretty greasy, but delicious!
06-27-2016, 08:35 PM   #27434
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,132
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Is that a typical summer afternoon then?
Yep!
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Under the stars and I'm impressed, otherwise I am not.
Mostly except you don't see the stars during a blizzard...


Ok.. maybe I use a tent sometimes...
06-28-2016, 06:26 AM   #27435
amateur dirt farmer...
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,390
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote

Lots of folks today seem angry about something, many things, or everything, being amazed is a hell of a lot more fun and it lowers the blood pressure.


trudat - keep on, keepin' on....
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:35 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top