Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2016, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #27541
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
.I sorta decided to "move along" after her dad blew a hole in the trunk of my '55Chevy as I was trying desperately to outrun him before the hole was in me.
That reminds me of this great oldie.

07-02-2016, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #27542
Veteran Member

BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO - NEIL SEDAKA - YouTube
Comma, comma, down dooby doo down down

They just don't write lyrics like this anymore.

Last edited by robtcorl; 07-02-2016 at 10:20 AM.
07-02-2016, 10:22 AM - 2 Likes   #27543
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Let's not forget this classic..................

07-02-2016, 10:53 AM - 1 Like   #27544
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote

They just don't write lyrics like this anymor

bom de bom bom...danga dang ding... One of my favorites!

07-02-2016, 11:48 AM - 1 Like   #27545
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
It will take awhile to get this image out of my mind!
It is not that different to one of Lady Macbeth's speeches prior to the big event.
07-02-2016, 12:04 PM   #27546
Veteran Member

If you are bored.....here is a "too long read" article of something I haven't thought of in a while. Gaslighting.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/happened-friends-were-gaslighted-someone-170000976.html

She went on and on but it is really a simple concept.....knife in the back...and twist it slowly while avoiding detection.

In school I mastered this skill and it was not only handy as a defensive tool, it brought hilarious results at times. I had a girl that tried to slander my reputation just because I asked her out....so in no time at all I turned her into a........and all her friends vanished!

Have you ever been gaslighted...or gaslighted someone...just curious? It is not the same as paranoia....because it is a true happening, but you just can't nail it down.

Anyhow, maybe I read too much....I should stay here where the conversation is more sane and reasoned.

Regards!
07-02-2016, 12:06 PM   #27547
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The has just been an election in Australia. The result is still uncertain. One of the seat which is uncertain is the seat in the Melbourne area named 'Batman', which is actually named after someone called 'Batman' - but not the American who wears his underpants on the outside.

07-02-2016, 12:51 PM - 1 Like   #27548
Veteran Member

I saw a woman at Walmart...and then again at the gas station, with a bra over the outside of her sweatshirt.....I didn't think she was Batlady...I just though she was bat-crazy. My bet is that I was right?
07-02-2016, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #27549
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
In 1959 I was still a crumb grabbing carpet crawler, sporting 3 cornered pants, puking pabulum and pooping green. For me an event like that would have been like a ride on daddy's knee.

Lol, I wasn't even a 'gleam in my dad's eye until around Jan of 1961.
07-02-2016, 01:24 PM - 1 Like   #27550
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Lol, I wasn't even a 'gleam in my dad's eye until around Jan of 1961.
I didn't realize that I am here pretty much alone in the "Kiddie Thread".

Since I am most likely the oldest here, you guys/girls should listen to my well earned wisdom and act accordingly.

Regards!
07-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #27551
Pentaxian

If you are bored.....here is a "too long read" article of something I haven't thought of in a while. Gaslighting.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/happened-friends-were-gaslighted-someone-170000976.html

She went on and on but it is really a simple concept.....knife in the back...and twist it slowly while avoiding detection.

In school I mastered this skill and it was not only handy as a defensive tool, it brought hilarious results at times. I had a girl that tried to slander my reputation just because I asked her out....so in no time at all I turned her into a........and all her friends vanished!

Have you ever been gaslighted...or gaslighted someone...just curious? It is not the same as paranoia....because it is a true happening, but you just can't nail it down.

Anyhow, maybe I read too much....I should stay here where the conversation is more sane and reasoned.

Regards!
Yes, I worked with a lady in home health who did this on a daily basis. So there is a name for it! I recognized early on she was doing this to me and two other workers, the client and the clients family (who actually fed into her actions). Working with her was like experiencing a train wreck every day. I call this woman the 'Black Widow'. She routinely either 'forgot' to tell us pertinent info about the job we were working, appointments, forget to tell us if the nurses were coming by or the family was coming over. she would change arrangements and not inform anyone, change the work schedule and work our hours so she could have more. Now this was a job I starte and my Mom started helping me on. It was Mom that decided to have this awful lady 'help out'. This woman was like a one woman narcissistic deceit steamroller. Never again.... Be careful who you hire for home health... If people aren't getting along often this is the culprit. Fortunately most of the town has dealt with her and refuses to hire her now.
07-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #27552
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
So there is a name for it!
Yes, and it is fairly common nowadays as it always has been. I have two sisters that have attempted to gaslight me for most of my life. Being an only son, and so close to being identical to my Mom's personality, they never even get to first base. My Mom knows me and knows my sisters could never come up with falsehoods about me that would be anywhere near to the real horrors of old Rupert's actions.
Heck, I almost convinced my Mom once that both of my sisters were adopted...I had already convinced them!

I gave it up years ago after high school.....it is very damaging and unless it is done for just a harmless prank and then exposed, I consider it a sinful act.

Regards!
07-02-2016, 02:46 PM - 1 Like   #27553
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Cats - little lions, or is that tigers?
Mini tigers indeed.
07-02-2016, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #27554
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Yes, and it is fairly common nowadays as it always has been. I have two sisters that have attempted to gaslight me for most of my life. Being an only son, and so close to being identical to my Mom's personality, they never even get to first base. My Mom knows me and knows my sisters could never come up with falsehoods about me that would be anywhere near to the real horrors of old Rupert's actions.
Heck, I almost convinced my Mom once that both of my sisters were adopted...I had already convinced them!

I gave it up years ago after high school.....it is very damaging and unless it is done for just a harmless prank and then exposed, I consider it a sinful act.

Regards!

And here I was thinking that gaslighting was lighting farts.
07-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #27555
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I didn't realize that I am here pretty much alone in the "Kiddie Thread".

Since I am most likely the oldest here, you guys/girls should listen to my well earned wisdom and act accordingly.

Regards!

You're only 11 years older than I Jim. Like a big brother.

And we share the same surname, so it could happen.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »