Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2016, 11:13 AM - 2 Likes   #27676
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,292
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
"We won't be discussing politics here."
Hopefully no one will misinterpret that as a request.

07-06-2016, 12:14 PM - 2 Likes   #27677
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,275
I was in Canada over the long weekend (and extra day off I took) and it was hilarious hearing someone complain that it was too hot and they felt like they were dying. It was 80.
07-06-2016, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #27678
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,058
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I've just read about arrangements for his funeral ... appropriately impressive!
I have a very vague memory of hearing commentary of his funeral on the radio when I was very young.

I drove past the railway station today on my way to Coventry for a meeting.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 07-07-16 at 06:20 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I was in Canada over the long weekend (and extra day off I took) and it was hilarious hearing someone complain that it was too hot and they felt like they were dying. It was 80.
Apart from laughing (it was hilarious) what did you say?

I remember in 1996 I went to London in June. I felt cool enough I wore a light jumper AND the Englishmen were walking around central London with their shirts off, getting sunburnt and saying 'so hot, so hot'. That was at the time of the European Cup of Soccer, which was won by the Germans that year. I got beer thrown at me because a Polish man next to me asked an Englishman at a pub who won. They get overly emotional about a game of soccer. In Australia we would just say 'hope we do better in the rugby' or '... in the cricket', or in ... .

BTW: it just came to half time in the soccer between Portugal and Wales. Neither side has been good enough to score anything at all, all the way to half time.

Last edited by tim60; 07-06-2016 at 12:43 PM.
07-06-2016, 02:47 PM   #27679
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,066
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote

BTW: it just came to half time in the soccer between Portugal and Wales. Neither side has been good enough to score anything at all, all the way to half time.
Looks like Wales' brave run has ended. Gareth Bale is a fine skipper - England missed him - but Ronaldo's a pretty good player, too. 😊





07-06-2016, 03:46 PM   #27680
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,275
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Apart from laughing (it was hilarious) what did you say?

I remember in 1996 I went to London in June. I felt cool enough I wore a light jumper AND the Englishmen were walking around central London with their shirts off, getting sunburnt and saying 'so hot, so hot'. That was at the time of the European Cup of Soccer, which was won by the Germans that year. I got beer thrown at me because a Polish man next to me asked an Englishman at a pub who won. They get overly emotional about a game of soccer. In Australia we would just say 'hope we do better in the rugby' or '... in the cricket', or in ... .

BTW: it just came to half time in the soccer between Portugal and Wales. Neither side has been good enough to score anything at all, all the way to half time.
Umm, this is quite pleasant in the summer, definitely on he cooler side of things for me. Then I told them how hot it gets in Indiana, and then factored in the humidity, then told them how hot it is where my mom lives in southern Nevada. I was told those conditions are inhumane and that people probably die from it.

Also, if I wanted to see a grown man work but not score for 90 minutes I might have to take a friend or two to the bar.
07-06-2016, 04:00 PM - 1 Like   #27681
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,115
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Hopefully no one will misinterpret that as a request.
We all do much better sticking to BB`Q and such...
07-06-2016, 04:08 PM   #27682
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,292
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
We all do much better sticking to BB`Q and such...
And lutefisk!
Why does everybody forget the lutefisk!?!?
07-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #27683
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
And lutefisk!
Why does everybody forget the lutefisk!?!?
Ummmm.....Because its not quite Christmas Yet ?

07-06-2016, 04:56 PM   #27684
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wangaratta, Victoria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,089
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Why does everybody forget the lutefisk!?!?
Not everyone forgets lutefisk.
You don't!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
and the rest of us only try to forget it...but can't.
07-06-2016, 05:22 PM   #27685
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Not everyone forgets lutefisk.
You don't!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
and the rest of us only try to forget it...but can't.
Amen.....!
25 years and the Aroma is just like yesterday !
I actually managed to Forget about it......that is until a certain person on this Never Ending Nightmare of a thread Brought it back to my Memory............lol.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 07-06-2016 at 05:29 PM.
07-06-2016, 05:44 PM   #27686
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,292








07-06-2016, 05:48 PM   #27687
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,115
It really is not all that bad!
I remember eating it at Christmas, when I was about 6 years old...
07-06-2016, 06:24 PM   #27688
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,932
If lutefisk looks disgusting, smells disgusting, and tastes disgusting, then I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's most likely disgusting.
That is why we have BACON!

Last edited by robtcorl; 07-06-2016 at 07:31 PM. Reason: typo
07-06-2016, 06:36 PM - 1 Like   #27689
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,292
Right. There's nothing quite like a lutefisk and bacon sammich on rye.
Not enough Ms in Mmmmmmm to describe it.
07-06-2016, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #27690
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,275
May as well put velveeta and vegemite on it at that point. I'm not eating it.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:33 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top