Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2016, 04:08 AM   #27841
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
But all of you missed my point. Over here we invented the real gallon, but in US they use little gallons which are only about 90% of the volume of real gallons, so 4.5 lt makes a real gallon whereas about 4 lt makes a US gallon. So a full pint is not what would be called a pint in US. And that is before we get to the Australian court case of the 70s concerning whether the volume of a beer includes the head or not.[COLOR="Silver"]

How could you?
A US Gallon is 3.78 litres. A UK Gallon is 4.45 litres.At least their feet are the same size. Unlike Cape Feet that are bigger.

It's a hard job getting real Marmite here. It's sold as "OurMate" as the name "Marmite" has a different Intellectual Property owner. And the "Marmite" made here tastes nothing like Marmite.

07-12-2016, 05:36 AM   #27842
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Nah, I'll stick with Ingress for a while yet, I think. I see lots of new players these days - wonder if that's because of the Pokemon thingy.
I do that too. May run for l12 this coming weekend in Nashville. I swap between screens while farming gear. Which faction are you? I'm enl

---------- Post added 07-12-16 at 06:37 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
And how did it feel handing over ALL your google data?
Niantic already had it because of Ingress.
07-12-2016, 05:47 AM   #27843
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I broke my rule of not reading the morning news...now I will be in a bad mood all day. I knew better....

Our vacation did not include any news watching.....and it was wonderful! As we drove through some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere on earth, and conversed with people along the way...people that were friendly and at least seemed normal and reasonable, we got the apparently false idea that everything is really fine out there in the real world. We should have known better...but it felt so good....
07-12-2016, 05:50 AM - 1 Like   #27844
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Shoot squirrels and feel better! With your camera of course. Sometimes I think the critters at my place are better people than some people.

07-12-2016, 07:10 AM   #27845
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I do that too. May run for l12 this coming weekend in Nashville. I swap between screens while farming gear. Which faction are you? I'm enl
Green as well Just two months in and about 500k from lvl10. Normally that would be about a week but, paradoxically, I might not have that much time to play the coming weeks when the first part of my vacation hits me

The Pokemon thingy isn't available over here yet, but I've installed the app and caught a few critters anyway. Not sure it's possible to play it properly here quite yet. Oh well.
07-12-2016, 07:44 AM   #27846
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Green as well Just two months in and about 500k from lvl10. Normally that would be about a week but, paradoxically, I might not have that much time to play the coming weeks when the first part of my vacation hits me

The Pokemon thingy isn't available over here yet, but I've installed the app and caught a few critters anyway. Not sure it's possible to play it properly here quite yet. Oh well.
Once you hit l10 you get into badge hell. Of course after today I will have the badges for l15, and within a month or so will have them for l16 by getting plat on glyph hacking.
07-12-2016, 07:54 AM   #27847
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some enterprising young men here in Missouri put more reality in Pokemon Go.
Armed Robbers Use*Pokémon Go*To Find 9 VictimsArmed Robbers Use*Pokémon Go*To Find 9 Victims

07-12-2016, 08:24 AM   #27848
Veteran Member

Shoot squirrels and feel better! With your camera of course. Sometimes I think the critters at my place are better people than some people.
Not much doubt about the animals being better than some people. Most of their lives are spent searching for food.....and a few of them take tie to play and have some fun....squirrels and raccoons are fun lovers if they have full bellies.
07-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #27849
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Once you hit l10 you get into badge hell. Of course after today I will have the badges for l15, and within a month or so will have them for l16 by getting plat on glyph hacking.
No problems with badges yet. I have what I need for 11, and with some more glyphing I'm ready for 12. Lots of walking, and got lucky and found a portal off the beaten path, have held it for 56 days now. One smurf is enough to end that, though.
07-12-2016, 11:17 AM   #27850
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Bob, I shall never forgive you for posting that.
Now excuse me while I search for ways to unsee something.

Pencils in your eyes then a frontal lobotomy, self administered. If that doesn't do it, nothing will.
07-12-2016, 11:29 AM   #27851
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
As we drove through some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere on earth, and conversed with people along the way...people that were friendly and at least seemed normal and reasonable, we got the apparently false idea that everything is really fine out there in the real world.

It really is a fine and beautiful world.

But there are plenty of turds out there trying to screw it up.

Join me in the crusade to kick their butts back into the holes they crawled out of, Ok?

Last edited by Racer X 69; 07-12-2016 at 11:36 AM.
07-12-2016, 12:19 PM - 1 Like   #27852
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Join me in the crusade to kick their butts back into the holes they crawled out of, Ok?
Otis is with us......we can't lose!
07-12-2016, 12:26 PM - 1 Like   #27853
Veteran Member

This was sent to me by a fellow member....Otis said he recognized the bottom one as Miley Squirrel. Makes sense to me!

Name:  Squirrel sniffing...jpg
Views: 168
Size:  197.5 KB
07-12-2016, 12:49 PM - 3 Likes   #27854
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well hells bells, came here to post a couple of food pics and hate to do it right after those squirrels.

Gonna anyhow, here's my grilled pizza from the other night:

and here's the Aldi ribeye I promised:

Both tasted damn good!
07-12-2016, 01:12 PM   #27855
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Both tasted damn good!
Both look delicious too! That pizza is my kind of pizza! I need to do some ribeyes, haven't done any in a long time. Better than a T-bone...but that fat meat on a big juicy T-bone is my favorite part of any steak. A flavor all its own!