Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
01-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #2776
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
That reminds me of a principal I once worked for. She had a PhD in education but everyone called her Pat... at some point she decided she wanted to be called Doctor Devreaux. She was so insistent, it seemed we had to do something, so in her presence every one called everyone doctor. So I'd walk into the office and any other teacher who happened to be there would say "Dr. Head how are you today." In I'd say "fine Dr. Smith, and how are you?"

Oh ya, and I'm not buying a K3 because I've already got one.
Dr. Proctor was the greeting we used in grad school. And I won't buy a K3 until my old Advisor rises from the depths of boredom to say: "it's okay, Dick, you must go with your heart." He kind of liked talking about "hearts" instead of about data.

01-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #2777
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another thought, I won't buy a K-3 because there might be a Pentax full frame coming... but then again, what if they put out a K-mount FF camera, but it says Ricoh on it and not Pentax?
My honest opinion? If it's as good a photographic tool as the K-3 is reported to be (but I won't buy one, because I have to master the K-5II before I am worthy), there would be a lot of squawking, then the people who actually need one will get one, and that will be that. And if it isn't as good as the K-3, then Tokyo will be destroyed, the machines will take over, and heaven help anyone looking for good cheese.
01-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #2778
Veteran Member

Forgot: I will not buy a K3 until my old grad school advisor stops referring to my heart. Bad news is he passed twenty or more years ago. Good news is my heart still yearns for the lonely huntress (fn to Carson McMullers). Worse news is the K3 is too expensive for my current camera budget.
01-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #2779
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
As for cheese, all got to do is watch the Roger Moore era! Plenty of cheese there!! Cheesy plots, cheesy acting, cheesy special effects etc!!!
Don't get Roger Moore confused with Timothy Dalton.

Steve

01-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #2780
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I don't think the OP is going to come back to tell us where all the clients are who care about Ricoh diminishing the Pentax brand (but wouldn't be excited to see a K-3 in use!).
Have faith. The OP will return, sure as Tokyo is doomed.
01-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #2781
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by joel b Quote
i keep cutting off peoples heads because of the crop!!!
ROFL!!

Steve
01-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #2782
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I won't buy a K-3 because Ricoh was never a Bond girl...and the camera requires batteries.

Steve

01-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #2783
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I won't buy a K-3 because it's not Spring yet.
01-06-2014, 03:22 PM   #2784
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
My honest opinion? If it's as good a photographic tool as the K-3 is reported to be (but I won't buy one, because I have to master the K-5II before I am worthy), there would be a lot of squawking, then the people who actually need one will get one, and that will be that. And if it isn't as good as the K-3, then Tokyo will be destroyed, the machines will take over, and heaven help anyone looking for good cheese.
Gawd, forgot about Tokyo. Can we imagine PenZilla rising from Tokyo Bay to eat the City? This would only happen if we all bought K3s this month. B&H must consult with NSA and CIA to prevent PenZilla's return.

You all know I am now marked by NSA. PenZilla is a keyword. It maybe "eat" is considered innocent.

That is why I won't buy a K3 this month. PenZilla will go back to sleep after chewing up Nikon cameras. Then the K3 price will be lower.
01-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #2785
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
ROFL!!

Steve
Isn't that what Hannibal Lector said?
01-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #2786
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
Probably as bad as bacon fudge does. But I think my late great dogs would have thought both the fudge and cheesecake tasty with our without the bacon.
Bacon fudge! OMG lets open a franchise!
01-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #2787
Site Supporter

That reminds me of a principal I once worked for. She had a PhD in education but everyone called her Pat... at some point she decided she wanted to be called Doctor Devreaux. She was so insistent, it seemed we had to do something, so in her presence every one called everyone doctor. So I'd walk into the office and any other teacher who happened to be there would say "Dr. Head how are you today." In I'd say "fine Dr. Smith, and how are you?"

Oh ya, and I'm not buying a K3 because I've already got one.
I didn't realize you were a Dr.
01-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #2788
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Back in college days in 1969 we used aluminum trays with red hot charcoal, slid under the oil pan to warm it up. Back then impoverished students did not have "plug-ins" for electric block heaters.

The charcoal thing worked well if one monitored it. I can imagine boiling Pennzoil was not conducive to good lubrication. But our vehicles were Junkers (an early Yugoslavian import, before the infamous Yugo). And if they blew up, the city of Saint Paul towed it and there was no penalty for forgetting about the car. The City just scrapped it after a month.
Back in 1969, my university days, I had a 1949 Dodge flat-head 8 which I bought for $25 with a rad with so many holes I just drained it out every night a filled in with tap water on the next trip, usually to the pub. One night I forgot and it froze and croaked the block. Managed to get it started a drove to a junk yard where it died right in the middle of the entrance-way. But I talked them into $15 for it because it was in good running order - I drove it down, didn't I?
Invested the $15 in Labatt's Breweries through a third-party pub.
01-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #2789
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll desist on the double-entendres in the fly-fishing memoir...(socks? what have socks got to do with it?...never mind).

I won't be getting a K3 because I can't afford it right now. Next month? Doubtful, alas.
01-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #2790
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Have faith. The OP will return, sure as Tokyo is doomed.
Could Tokyo be where all the "pure"-Pentax-only clients are? Is that why The Doom seems to be focused there?

My favorite Bond girl has to be Diana Rigg, but some people don't even count "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" as a real Bond film.