Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
07-14-2016, 04:52 AM   #27901
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Maybe I eat too healthy! Not enough bacon!
Yep, that's why young Bert is in and out of here. A lack of real bacon can be life threatening. Just like I choke down a glass of that red shoe polish every night for my health, Bert will learn in time that bacon is the backbone of life...well, at least the belly of life!

Name:  bacon.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  82.1 KB

They didn't label the snout and the feet......all good eatin' too! Pig ears are pretty decent too...I buy them from the Butcherman for my raccoons and they love them! Never eaten a pigs tail, but I'd try it......

07-14-2016, 04:55 AM   #27902
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't sleep a lot, much to my wife's annoyance.
07-14-2016, 05:00 AM   #27903
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
A while back there was a TV program that could scare the wits out of you......."Monsters Inside Me". There are an amazing number of parasites that cen infect humans and some are deadly. Many are extremely hard to diagnose....and others are fairly harmless and live in most all of us.

I have a story I am dealing with currently ......about three tiny bites smaller than a pinhead appeared on my right arm. First they showed up...about 6 weeks ago...then about a week later a red circle outlined them...about the size of a quarter. Another couple of weeks and the circle filled in with all red. another week and all the red was gone.....then a scaly place appeared and is getting larger...it is small, but painful if you touch it. About the size of 1/3 of a small raisin.

Now...what is strange is this is the exact same thing that happened on my left wrist several months back...and it turned out to be a type of cancerous growth. One that is known to grow rapidly and then deplete itself and fall off without intervention. Some pathologists are hesitant to call it cancer, others not.

My question is...what bit me, and is whatever it was responsible for the growth? My guess is it was a spider, but I am not certain of that.
I'll most likely request to have it frozen off with nitrogen this time....surgery is not necessary if it is the same as the last one.

Any speculation on this crazy story? I am at a loss for a rational explanation.

Regards!
Jim, that sounds like a Brown Recluse spider bite.
They're nothing to play around with! They've been known to result in limb amputations and even death.
The tissue is destroyed in a cone shape so a nickel or quarter size area at the surface can be several inches across as it goes down.
Obviously there's no way I can tell for sure but your description is consistent with a Brown Recluse.
Do some research and if you think that's what it might be see a doctor; very, very soon.

Last edited by Parallax; 07-14-2016 at 05:15 AM.
07-14-2016, 05:01 AM - 1 Like   #27904
Pentaxian

I am creating a new app ... "Cheap Bordeaux Go!" ...

https://www.facebook.com/denablizzard/videos/924079277703563/

07-14-2016, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #27905
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep, that's why young Bert is in and out of here. A lack of real bacon can be life threatening. Just like I choke down a glass of that red shoe polish every night for my health, Bert will learn in time that bacon is the backbone of life...well, at least the belly of life!

Attachment 318166

They didn't label the snout and the feet......all good eatin' too! Pig ears are pretty decent too...I buy them from the Butcherman for my raccoons and they love them! Never eaten a pigs tail, but I'd try it......
You can eat every part of a pig except the bones and the squeal.
07-14-2016, 05:06 AM - 1 Like   #27906
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You can eat every part of a pig except the bones and the squeal.
07-14-2016, 05:10 AM   #27907
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

07-14-2016, 05:42 AM   #27908
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I am creating a new app ... "Cheap Bordeaux Go!" ...
Does it shine shoes?
07-14-2016, 06:29 AM   #27909
Pentaxian

Does it shine shoes?
Well, if there is too much involved, then one might "shine" their shoes via an "up-chuck" reflex ... that shiny "wet" look, you know ...

PS - this is an image of a cake ... yummy, no?!

07-14-2016, 10:14 AM   #27910
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I'd love to someday visit both your facility ......

They give tours everyday.

And in August there is family day. Employees can bring family and friends, spend the day inside. Usually better than the daily tour, as those who work there can give insight far more comprehensive than a tour guide.

Come on up and I'll give you a personal guided tour.

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
That building is so big it makes the cars look like the wrong scale!

The largest building in the world (by volume). More than a square mile under one roof. There are several Tully's coffee shops, a number of cafeterias that serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the Boeing store where all manner of company branded stuff can be had. They have their own police and fire/aid departments too.

Depending on who you ask, there are about 35,000 to 40,000 people working there over 3 shifts, 7 days a week.

A small city.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 07-14-2016 at 10:28 AM.
07-14-2016, 10:21 AM   #27911
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I'd love to someday visit both your facility and the Airbus one at Toulouse, RacerX.
News from Farnborough this week. Airbus will reduce production of the 380 to about 20 per year. So far 178 made. Seems it is not selling very well. But it has got past the breakeven number.

---------- Post added 07-15-16 at 03:57 AM ----------

Attachment 318166

In addition to many normal cuts of porcine fare I have eaten trotter, liver, kidney, stomach, tongue and ears. All are good if cooked appropriately.
07-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #27912
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ohh boy, I can say I've seen something I never had before today on the way home from work. I decided to take the back way home and as I was going on Grandview Road about where it meets with Bellsville Pike I passed a guy who looked to be in his 20s, with a giant bushy beard and long hair smoking a cigarette and driving a riding mower. He was stark naked. Nope nope nope nope!
07-14-2016, 03:07 PM   #27913
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Ohh boy, I can say I've seen something I never had before today on the way home from work. I decided to take the back way home and as I was going on Grandview Road about where it meets with Bellsville Pike I passed a guy who looked to be in his 20s, with a giant bushy beard and long hair smoking a cigarette and driving a riding mower. He was stark naked. Nope nope nope nope!
Maybe he was getting in touch with nature?
07-14-2016, 04:40 PM   #27914
Pentaxian

Getting in touch with mower debris.... Owwwww!
07-14-2016, 04:58 PM - 1 Like   #27915
Veteran Member

OK Racer you want pictures, you got 'em!

Went up to Ft Worth early this morning and my sister and Mom picked me up while they worked on my truck. I took them out to eat at a famous BBQ place nearby (Angelo's) where my Mom informed me I used to eat with her and my Grandparents when I was 3 and my Dad was still in Europe after the war. It's been there a long time...superb BBQ!
We then went to Omni Theatre and watched movies, it is in the nearby arts district.They took me back around 2:30 and I waited for them to finish my truck....got it about 4:30. Waiting room is a metal chair in a crowded aisle of fabric rolls.....only one chair.

The seats before I left home
Name:  DSCF0347-800.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  715.7 KB

Name:  DSCF0347-800.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  715.7 KB

Bad headliner
Name:  DSCF0345-800.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  400.9 KB

rolls of fabric in the 'Waiting Lounge"