Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2016, 01:02 PM   #28156
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,727
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Been playing a little pokemon go. This has been my experience:

Still not the thing for me. I did get to lvl10 in Ingress the other day, though. Right now the nearest portal is more than 20km away (as the grouse flies), so no playing the next few days.

07-26-2016, 01:47 PM   #28157
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,134
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Still not the thing for me. I did get to lvl10 in Ingress the other day, though. Right now the nearest portal is more than 20km away (as the grouse flies), so no playing the next few days.
I may make a run to l12 this weekend. I'm fairly close and can do it if I hit up a larger city around here.
07-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #28158
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,790
"Yep, I see it too....looks like a pepperoni pizza tonight!"


"Don't rush me, I'm heading that way."


By the time they got there another one had grabbed all the pizza and run under the gate with it...leaving only a bowl of dry dog food. And yes...mama won that fight and it was decisive!




It's more fun shooting raccoons than that Pokermon thingy.....

I only stayed out there a few minutes tonight ...at 10pm it was 90F and 85% humidity....a killer night!
07-27-2016, 05:28 AM   #28159
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,134
Rupert, you should get that massage chair I have. I've slept really good after using it each night for 30 minutes.

07-27-2016, 06:51 AM   #28160
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,790
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Rupert, you should get that massage chair I have. I've slept really good after using it each night for 30 minutes.
So where did you get it? I am interested! I hurt all over..all the time. I might just get in that chair and never get out again?

BTW- For the past two weeks I have remained Unconventional....and it has been wonderful! While Mrs Rupert has been very conventional, and tossed and turned every night, I have slept like a baby........
07-27-2016, 08:22 AM   #28161
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,134
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
So where did you get it? I am interested! I hurt all over..all the time. I might just get in that chair and never get out again?

BTW- For the past two weeks I have remained Unconventional....and it has been wonderful! While Mrs Rupert has been very conventional, and tossed and turned every night, I have slept like a baby........
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CJQJYYA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is the one I got.
07-27-2016, 10:48 AM   #28162
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,790
Thanks! Maybe Mrs Rupert will let me get one for her birthday which is very soon! All I need is one of her her CCs, that should be easy enough?

Is it pretty good on the feet?

Regards!
07-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #28163
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,893
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
"Yep, I see it too....looks like a pepperoni pizza tonight!"


"Don't rush me, I'm heading that way."


By the time they got there another one had grabbed all the pizza and run under the gate with it...leaving only a bowl of dry dog food. And yes...mama won that fight and it was decisive!




It's more fun shooting raccoons than that Pokermon thingy.....

I only stayed out there a few minutes tonight ...at 10pm it was 90F and 85% humidity....a killer night!
That sounds horrid weather. I do not envy you that.

07-27-2016, 11:24 AM   #28164
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,790
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
That sounds horrid weather. I do not envy you that.
I wouldn't wish it on anyone, it is so miserable when it is like that.

Birds aren't singing...they are "wings out" and gasping for breath.



Regards!
07-27-2016, 11:50 AM - 2 Likes   #28165
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,383
Just FYI here ... the newest fad in French birdhouses ...

07-27-2016, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #28166
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,636
88F here today with a heat index of 98
Last week it was 98 with a HI of 112
It was a tad warmer back in 2012 when I fried an egg on my deck.





07-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #28167
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,790
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Just FYI here ... the newest fad in French birdhouses ...
Not if squirrels get there first!
07-27-2016, 12:58 PM   #28168
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,134
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thanks! Maybe Mrs Rupert will let me get one for her birthday which is very soon! All I need is one of her her CCs, that should be easy enough?

Is it pretty good on the feet?

Regards!
It is awesome on the feet, though it doesn't get my toes, but then I do have size 12 feet.
07-27-2016, 08:56 PM   #28169
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,790
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
It is awesome on the feet, though it doesn't get my toes, but then I do have size 12 feet.

I sure want one....hear that Mrs Rupert?

I sent out some microwave popcorn today...said it had to be shipped in dry ice to keep it from popping in transit. I hope the place I sent it to is still in business...every time I call I only get a recording telling me they aren't there.....seems they are never there?

You can't leave a message....it's a one way street ...you can hear them but they can't hear you.
07-28-2016, 04:08 AM - 1 Like   #28170
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,636
Hey Rupert, maybe you could put a trailer behind your TT and pull Otis and crew around to cool them off on your way to Aldi.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top