Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2016, 08:25 AM   #28426
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Hardly anything inappropriate there.
Trust me...mine is inappropriate for the intended task and most definitely a misfit for duty. I just got an appointment for this afternoon, and was lucky to get it on such short notice.

Otis claims I am paranoid and no one is following me because no one is interested int he "garbage" I post. He also says he is the one that has to hit the complaint button most often, due to the idiocy of my posts and the lack of common respect for my fellow posters. .....I always figured it was him and now I know it. He works here undercover....some sort of deal he made with Adam I suppose?

---------- Post added 08-09-16 at 10:35 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
So popcorn bribes do work!
All I'm gonna say is "Popcorn Good!" ....BBQ even better! Baby peppers...the best!

Breakfast was some delicious Aldis potato salad ($2.29 for two delicious pounds of it!)...or....($4.99) at Krogers. Three toasted slices of that delicious San Fan Sourdough bread with a dab of real butter ($1.99 @ Aldis)...or.....($3.49) at Krogers. A small glass of whole milk to wash it down ($1.29 gallon @ Aldis) and one large avocado for dessert ($.25 cents each @ Aldis)

Now I feel good enough for another wonderful kinder and gentler day...excepting the burning itching bunghole thingy.....

08-09-2016, 08:56 AM   #28427
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Otis claims I am paranoid
Jim, I too think you're paranoid.
Remember though; being paranoid does not necessarily mean that no one is out to get you.

Baby peppers...the best!
Speaking of which; I transplanted them to the outside world Sunday. They were getting to big for the windows. Now it's wait and see.
08-09-2016, 09:36 AM   #28428
Loyal Site Supporter

Remember though; being paranoid does not necessarily mean that no one is out to get you.
Yep....all those dead raccoons on my deck are living proof...that went dead! Mrs Rupert claims it must have been the heat and not those special cookies she baked for me?

Something brought them back to life last night....I cut up six equal pieces of a small loaf of the sourdough bread and hand gave it to each one so none would hog it all. They were going at it like hungry little pigs! All I could hear was...more, more! I have a few loafs left and am giving my helper a big loaf today, she is a bread lover and will really like this bread. It was such a big box of bread!

Wrap a big slice around one of those Aldi Hot Dogs (.79 cents for eight) and add some spicy hot mustard, some fresh garden tomato, a few jalapenos and a slice or two of fresh cucumber and you have a delicious snack! Make a couple and you have a meal! Wash it down with some Aldi Winking Owl shoe polish....($2.89)

Name:  DSCF0051-800.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  408.3 KB

This was sitting on my SD card next to that shot...came from our trip back from Oregon..I think it was in Kansas here? Might as well post it someplace? You don't need a FF camera on a vacation when you have a Toy Camera X10!

Shot by Mrs Rupert as we drove down the road at 80mph.........much better with a camera than I am!
Name:  DSCF0001-800.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  318.7 KB

BTW-If I can get me a few friends they can help watch my back.......maybe?

Regards!
08-09-2016, 09:45 AM   #28429
Site Supporter

Wrap a big slice around one of those Aldi Hot Dogs (.79 cents for eight) and add some spicy hot mustard, some fresh garden tomato, a few jalapenos and a slice or two of fresh cucumber and you have a delicious snack!
Only thing missing is some Ghost pepper cheese from Aldi ($2.99)

08-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #28430

I'm betting that you'll rather enjoy the operation.

Mmmmmm . . . . . . . space babes.
08-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #28431

I dunno....??? What's she going to do with that gun? I'm kind of touchy right now about any "objects".

That's not a gun.

Its a medical instrument.
08-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #28432

Now I feel good enough for another wonderful kinder and gentler day...excepting the burning itching bunghole thingy.....

Preparation H Jim.
08-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #28433

This was sitting on my SD card next to that shot...came from our trip back from Oregon..I think it was in Kansas here? Might as well post it someplace? You don't need a FF camera on a vacation when you have a Toy Camera X10!

Shot by Mrs Rupert as we drove down the road at 80mph.........much better with a camera than I am!

Wild Horse Wind Farm.

Vantage, Washington.

Sunrise.

(The smoke from nearby wildfires made for some great colors)

08-09-2016, 10:52 AM - 2 Likes   #28434
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Wild Horse Wind Farm.
It's beyond me why anyone would try to grow wind.
We have way more of that stuff around here than we know what to do with and it occurs naturally.
08-09-2016, 11:04 AM   #28435
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Preparation H Jim.
If it worked...but it doesn't work for me.

It's beyond me why anyone would try to grow wind.
Better to grow bacon for sure!
08-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #28436
Loyal Site Supporter

Better to grow bacon for sure!
Reminds me...I've been wondering about young Bert?? Anyone seen him around? Did we just beat him to death or did he just get tired of associating with "bacon types"? We meant no harm....well, maybe Racer did, according to Otis, but I never saw it that way.

I made that broccoli/cheddar/chicken soup yesterday and will serve it again tonight. When Mrs Rupert, such a picky eater, says something is heavenly, you know it is superb! Tonight I will give it the ultimate topping...stay tuned! Even Mrs Rupert will marvel at my culinary expertise!

It's time...off to the rectal research center. I hope I can find some fast relief, but fear it may be a painful path before that happens.
08-09-2016, 12:17 PM - 1 Like   #28437
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

It's time...off to the rectal research center. I hope I can find some fast relief, but fear it may be a painful path before that happens.
Good luck, Jim.

Uh, by the way, pictures won't be necessary.
08-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #28438
Site Supporter

Good luck, Jim.

Especially not in K-1 resolution!
08-09-2016, 03:16 PM - 1 Like   #28439
Forum Member

Sorry, Sasha. To participate in this thread you have to read all pages and score a minimum of 93 on the 500 question quiz.
We do, however, waive that requirement on occasion, and will do so in this case. (but only because it's an Olympic year)
Welcome to "The Thread About Nothing".
That is really scary! I bet we don't see that poster ever again?
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Looks like Sasha has been scared off!
What is that, two in the past couple of days?
They'll never know we mean no harm.
Hats off to their intelligence though.
I hope not. The replies were genuinely meant to be welcoming.
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Especially forgoing the compulsory quizz!
It's not for everyone...is it?
ahahahahah ah, so it wasn't required to read all pages? Damn...
seriously... damn... now I'm curious about those 500 questions

true story is I'm on vacation, with wi-fi hard to find and my mobile plan (which doesn't allow me to tethering) almost fully used... And I have to thank Vodafone, as they usually shuts off completely my data connection when I ran out of gigabytes for the current month... So, answering all of you with my mobile phone was out of the possibilities...

Sorry I made you wait... in the meantime I still lurked to this forum... Please, don't judge me for that :P

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
This thread is for when you get tired of thinking and or you have the inclination to look up Surstromming (sp?) salted road kill ... Umm Sea kill.... Not ever buying a K3 which I didn't, I bought dos.[COLOR="Silver"]
ahahahah I'm still not sure, but I might end buying that K-3 II or something presented by Pentax at the next photokina...
If I buy only one, am I still allowed to post here?
08-09-2016, 03:20 PM   #28440
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sasha Quote
If I buy only one, am I still allowed to post here?
That may depend on your answer to the bacon question......If you are another bacon hater, not much else will save you here.

---------- Post added 08-09-16 at 05:21 PM ----------

Good luck, Jim.

I'll give my report tomorrow......no pictures for certain!