Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2016, 03:21 PM - 1 Like   #28441
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Yes, and be careful up there.
I'm betting that you'll rather enjoy the operation.
Damn, I knew I should study to be an astronaut...

---------- Post added 08-09-16 at 03:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That may depend on your answer to the bacon question......If you are another bacon hater, not much else will save you here.[COLOR="Silver"]
I'm sorry, I'm a vegan boy :/
you should start to eat veggies! Good for your health...

kidding, kidding, I am a meat lover as you...
Can I have some bacon as a welcome gift now?

---------- Post added 08-09-16 at 03:28 PM ----------

IWe mostly post photos that are NSFW...naked girls to be more specific. In good taste and only for artistic purposes...nothing obscene, of course! Only after you have been here a year will they show on your screen. Meanwhile, if you own or buy a K3 they will never show for you. That's about it in a nutshell....We also love bacon...and a few love Velveeta....those will show on your screen now. I do suggest you start at page #1 and read forward if you have any hope of seeing the naked girls. If you are a girl, by all means, you are welcome here too.
Where do you stand on bacon and Velveeta? How about lutefish? We do have to limit the number of lutefish lovers here, for sanitary reasons.

Regards!
perfect! those are the kind of photos I only like!

08-09-2016, 03:36 PM - 1 Like   #28442
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sasha Quote
I'm sorry, I'm a vegan boy

Huuughhh. That was scary. Like something walked over my grave. Crisis averted.
08-09-2016, 04:09 PM - 1 Like   #28443
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm betting that you'll rather enjoy the operation.

If Samsung phones get any bigger, strapped to the back might just be the way to carry them.

BTW, if the invaders of our planet will look like that, just a warning to you all, I would become a 'quisling' very rapidly!
08-09-2016, 04:40 PM - 1 Like   #28444
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Damn, I knew I should study to be an astronaut...

---------- Post added 08-09-16 at 03:25 PM ----------

---------- Post added 08-09-16 at 03:28 PM ----------

perfect! those are the kind of photos I only like!
I think you're going to fit in here just fine.

08-09-2016, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #28445
Site Supporter

A scare alright...I started to head for the baby-back ribs and bacon bits antidote in the fridge, just in case veganism was contagious
08-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #28446
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I think you're going to fit in here just fine.
Me too, we need new blood.
08-09-2016, 06:42 PM   #28447
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Huuughhh. That was scary. Like something walked over my grave. Crisis averted.
It was enough to rattle loose some bacon grease in my arteries...close call indeed!

Me too, we need new blood.
Agree....and while we are at it I could use a new bunghole too.
08-09-2016, 07:03 PM   #28448
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Agree....and while we are at it I could use a new bunghole too.
I don't think that transplant has been perfected yet.
I'm sure you can appreciate medical science's lack of urgency in developing a procedure to transplant one, uh, er, well, uh, let's just say "one to anorher" and leave it at that.

08-10-2016, 05:57 AM   #28449
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I don't think that transplant has been perfected yet.
I may not need it after all. Here's what the Doc had to say. The hemorrhoids are not that bad, mild really. What is bad, very bad, is the inflammation at the bunghole area, most likely caused by my diet that includes liberal amounts of acidic fruits that are agitated by more liberal amounts of very spicy foods and sauces. He said it sets of a chain reaction that just gets worse as it is repeated. He can do the minor surgery for the hemorrhoids after the raw area is healed, if it is even necessary at that time.

The prescription was an over the counter one....and when Mrs Rupert got home I had her go to Wallyworld and get it for me, since I refused to be seen checking it out. I think you can understand....

Name:  DSCF0052-800.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  92.5 KB

Already feel much better this morning! I go back next week to see how it is working. While I was there I got a punch biopsy on that place that came up on my arm. I'm pretty certain it is nothing serious and so was the surgeon, but he has a payment due on his new Mercedes and needed a little extra cash, so I agreed to let him "check it out". Our insurance has no co-pay and pays 100%....all I lost was a little skin and some blood when he hit an artery...but he sewed it up real nicely and his good lookin' young blond nurse held my hand while he did it!

This is going to help me be a kinder, gentler, Rupert. Yesterday I was about to fail......not much is worse that a bungled bunghole.

Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 08-10-2016 at 06:12 AM.
08-10-2016, 06:37 AM - 1 Like   #28450
Site Supporter

The prescription was an over the counter one....and when Mrs Rupert got home I had her go to Wallyworld and get it for me, since I refused to be seen checking it out. I think you can understand....

Attachment 321314

Regards!
Once at Wally World I had to go buy a Sympathy Card. While I was there My husband called and said that the shovel my brother was using to level the yard broke and could I get a new one. So as I walked up to the counter I handed the cashier the Sympathy Card and a shovel. ....... To which she leaned over the counter and ask me quietly, "Soooo do you have Duct tape and plastic in your trunk?"
08-10-2016, 06:58 AM   #28451
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
"Soooo do you have Duct tape and plastic in your trunk?"
08-10-2016, 07:16 AM - 2 Likes   #28452
Site Supporter

Back from a week-long family vacation at Cologne, Germany and had to share this before doing all my catch-up reading ...

The left side is utter perfection ... "Star Thief" (1980) by Jim Rosenquist at Ludwig Museum.

Star Thief. 1980. | James Rosenquist American Artist Paintings Prints
08-10-2016, 07:41 AM   #28453
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
The left side is utter perfection ... "Star Thief" (1980) by Jim Rosenquist at Ludwig Museum.
Yep...if you cropped out and left just the left side it would be a masterpiece!

Seriously...no kidding....the Doc said I don't get enough fat in my diet of veggies and fruits.....with mostly very lean meats like chicken and fish. I asked him about bacon, and he said "Bacon is excellent!". Damn I love this Doc!
08-10-2016, 08:27 AM   #28454
Emperor and Senpai

Mmm, bacon.
08-10-2016, 08:39 AM - 1 Like   #28455
Loyal Site Supporter

As I sit here paying bills this morning, a usual part of every day here, I ran across this article and found it one of the most simple and clear that I have read on managing finances. It is exactly how I grew up and was taught by my parents. In good times and bad we have lived by these rules and anyone that does will receive rich rewards in their lives.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/8-reasons-live-beneath-means-093021409.html

It is worth reading, in particular for the younger generation. It is precisely what we taught our children and why we have never once had to support them with a dime once they were out on their own. Our grandkids all learn the same lessons.

The best example I have ever seen is when I cashed in over $600K of my Mom's BA stock that had made that much profit in less than one year after the Big Crash in 2008...and asked her what she was going to do with it? She though a brief second and replied...."I'm going to buy some new tennis shoes."

It has been over 40 years since I have tossed and turned trying to get to sleep over finances.....and it is not because I am filthy rich, (I'm not) it is because I still follow those same rules I learned so many years ago. Works for almost anyone, no matter your income, no matter your situation.

Regards!