Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2016, 05:59 PM - 1 Like   #28486
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
As some of you already know,
I make my own bacon, and a nipple here or a nipple there, here a nipple there a nipple everywhere a nipple nipple never bothered me at all.
Perhaps Bert was a bottle baby?

08-11-2016, 08:01 PM   #28487
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm having flashbacks....high school.....nipples on hogs.....Otis says "go for it".......I think not, no.....not the kinder, gentler Rupert.

How about some bacon on a sirloin patty? Fresh broccoli and yellow squash (.89 cents a batch @ Aldis). A fresh fruit smoothie made with fresh strawberries (.95 cents a box) and fresh blueberries (.95 cents a box) also from Aldis with half & half cream ($1.89 qt. @ Aldis)

The bacon/sirloin pattie on sourdough bread (Free from unidentified source) then smothered in brown gravy. Delicious!

Topped off with a nice avocado (.25 cents each @ Aldis)
Name:  DSCF0054 -800.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  556.8 KB

Oh yeah.....the spinach.....(.69 cents @ Aldis) & The real butter....($2.29 @ Aldis)

Great meal!

---------- Post added 08-11-16 at 10:03 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Perhaps Bert was a bottle baby?
Maybe that nipple will bring Bert back around as a changed person?
08-12-2016, 02:47 AM   #28488
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Guess us old dudes ran everyone off?
Maybe nipple bacon will bring them back.
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Hey, bacon is bacon; nip included or not. Actually I had to look twice to notice it.

Maybe it would have been more noticeable if the bacon was fresh out of the refrigerator?
( I probably shouldn't have said that. )

QuoteQuote:
Reddit user Misssmeg posted this disturbing picture of bacon with the pig's nipple still attached to the website. More than 3,000 people have reacted, mostly in disgust

What is more disturbing for me is how hung up we are about such things. All mammals have nipples. They are a normal and natural part of the reproductive process.

What's more is how we think nothing of men going shirtless, exposing their nipples, yet it is unacceptable for women to do so.

Why?
08-12-2016, 04:55 AM - 1 Like   #28489
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
What's more is how we think nothing of men going shirtless, exposing their nipples, yet it is unacceptable for women to do so.
Why?
Because ours don't excite them, but theirs excite us?

In other news:
Italian government is considering a bill to jail parents who put their kids on a vegan diet ? Quartz

08-12-2016, 05:59 AM   #28490
Veteran Member

Because ours don't excite them, but theirs excite us?
Exactly! However, even back in high school I failed to get too excited about a hog nipple.
08-12-2016, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #28491
Veteran Member

Hi Rupert,
I am avid Aldi shopper too. (except for the coffee)
But around here, the main clients are old codgers like me, or single mothers.

If too many old codgers arrive in the parking lot at once it is a bit dangerous.

However we have nice "cart quarter" etiqette. But one time an old Canadian tried to give me one of his quarters!
08-12-2016, 09:20 AM - 1 Like   #28492
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

08-12-2016, 09:44 AM - 2 Likes   #28493
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
I am avid Aldi shopper too. (except for the coffee)
But around here, the main clients are old codgers like me, or single mothers.
Interesting. I was told a while back that Aldis is for the "lower classes". Surprisingly (or not?) it was a Church secretary that made that statement. She lives in an upper class neighborhood and said none of her friends do or would shop at Aldis.
Not surprisingly, I often run across the Pastors wife, who I know well, shopping....at Aldis! I also often run across one of my old customers there, perhaps the wealthiest woman in the entire county. Both love Aldis for the same reason...low prices and quality products. The rich lady told me she didn't get rich by being fashionable...or stupid.

There does seem to be a stigma attached to Aldis by a good number of the self-appointed "elite". Pretty ridiculous, but I'm not much interested in fashion or impressing anyone with my choice of grocery stores. Ours is a small store and I can walk it with ease, know where everything is at and purchase 90% of all I need there with ease in parking and shopping. Most of the time I can cut my grocery bill by at least 40-50% over the Big Box stores, get in and out fast and make delicious meals with the fresh fruit and veggies at very low prices.

Coffee....I like their Fair Trade Dark Roast. They often have seasonal blends at bargain prices and I try them. Got a German blend recently for $1.89 a pound and it was excellent. I do admit that I can drink almost any coffee as long as it is rich and dark. Potency is my main objective....I want something that will startle me in the early morning.

Yep, I am in Aldis at least 2-3 times a week...love it. I have no budget, can buy anything I want at any grocery in town, but Aldis hits the spot for me. There are a lot of "common people" shopping there...I suspect that they are just as good as my rich lady friend or the Pastor's wife....and just as smart with their cash!

I have some favorites there...the oven bake breaded shrimp are delicious, fast and easy to prepare and serve ($4.49 18oz) and you can get them at Kroger too... ($8.99 16oz) but the ones at Aldi are better tasting. Same with their Beer Breaded Fish Filets
($4.49 19oz) Kroger has them too ($9.99 18 oz) and they must use cheap beer, because they taste a little flat.

The cooked shrimp in three sizes are great for shrimp salads or shrimp soup. ($4.49 12 oz) They are ready to thaw and eat or use in your recipes and are top grade shrimp. I have a homemade shrimp recipe that is one of my favorites...Mrs Rupert's too!

All in all it is a great place to shop. Farm pants are welcome there and so are farm boots! Checkout is fast and bagging your own groceries is not that big a deal for me.

Did I mention the unbelievable values in their wine dept? Winking Owl, the Aldi brand...$2.89 a bottle. They can barely keep it on the shelves, better than many at quadruple the price. All the Winking Owl wines will shine shoes as good as a $20 bottle of any other wine.

I'll print this and give it to one of my Aldi girlfriends and get me a free bottle of that Winking Owl! Did I mention their chocolates are the best too...and so cheap!
08-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #28494
Veteran Member

08-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #28495
Veteran Member

@Parallax - I saw that over in the squirrel posting thread....really neat! The little rascals can move fast through the jungle of branches. I watch them here and am amazed at their maneuverability and speed.

@robtcorl - Yeah, but anytime is Miller Time!

I'm not much of a beer drinker nowadays...some good ale would suit me. When I find some, it is usually gone the next time I look for it....not sure why it is hard to keep good ale in stock?

Bunger report: Day three and still improving. Not too crazy about Butt Putty, but it does work.
08-13-2016, 07:49 AM   #28496
Veteran Member

It's someone else's turn to bump this thread back to life.
08-13-2016, 09:08 AM   #28497
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

It's someone else's turn to bump this thread back to life.

But.

We.

Have.

You.

And.

Your.

Homemade.

Bacon.
08-13-2016, 09:12 AM   #28498
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Been working 10 and 12 hour days, 7 days a week. No time for idling on the innerwebs.

OK, gotta get ready to drive to The Worlds Largest Building and get to it.

Bye.
08-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #28499
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Been working 10 and 12 hour days, 7 days a week. No time for idling on the innerwebs.

OK, gotta get ready to drive to The Worlds Largest Building and get to it.

Bye.
Just don't buy a kaythree with all that extra cash.

Finally getting a break in the heat here.
Grilled burgers and tater tots for supper tonight.
08-13-2016, 10:24 AM   #28500
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Just don't buy a kaythree with all that extra cash.

Extra principle payment on the house.

And that is why I will not buy a kaythree.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »