Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2016, 10:13 AM   #28531
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,391
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Jim, you're supposed to keep the wine in the cellar. Cold, damp, dark.
Hey, it's shoe polish! It goes on the shelf like any other shoe polish!

An URGENT message from Otis Squirrel: ...go ahead Otis....

Something is not right here, it is 75F at noon and it is the middle of August. Now we squirrels are just fine with it, no need to be concerned about us, but what about the little Pepper toddlers up north? If it is that chilly here it must be snowing like crazy and well below freezing in Pierre?
What measures are being taken to protect the fragile little guys from dying of frostbite...or worse, being flash frozen?

My advice is that anyone that has an old bicycle shop where they mostly don't answer their phone because they are sleeping or avoiding customers to waste time doing that "moderator stuff", convert it to a first class hothouse with adequate heat and lighting.

This will protect the lives of the little toddlers and any additional space can be used to grow other crops that far exceed the value of bicycle tires and hubcaps. You can burn a bicycle tire...I do it every winter, but you sure as hell can't smoke one!

I have the wives of all the Army Squirrels knitting little pecker size sweaters for the youngster peppers. They are using me as a model and they may be a little large, but they will grow into them, no doubt, as long as they don't get cold and suffer shrinkage. Damn! ...I hate shrinkage!

So I urge the caretaker of my little babies to do the right thing and take precautions to save the little guys before it is too late.

Regards
Otis Squirrel

08-15-2016, 10:36 AM   #28532
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,954
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Hey, it's shoe polish! It goes on the shelf like any other shoe polish!

An URGENT message from Otis Squirrel: ...go ahead Otis....

Something is not right here, it is 75F at noon and it is the middle of August. Now we squirrels are just fine with it, no need to be concerned about us, but what about the little Pepper toddlers up north? If it is that chilly here it must be snowing like crazy and well below freezing in Pierre?
What measures are being taken to protect the fragile little guys from dying of frostbite...or worse, being flash frozen?

My advice is that anyone that has an old bicycle shop where they mostly don't answer their phone because they are sleeping or avoiding customers to waste time doing that "moderator stuff", convert it to a first class hothouse with adequate heat and lighting.

This will protect the lives of the little toddlers and any additional space can be used to grow other crops that far exceed the value of bicycle tires and hubcaps. You can burn a bicycle tire...I do it every winter, but you sure as hell can't smoke one!

I have the wives of all the Army Squirrels knitting little pecker size sweaters for the youngster peppers. They are using me as a model and they may be a little large, but they will grow into them, no doubt, as long as they don't get cold and suffer shrinkage. Damn! ...I hate shrinkage!

So I urge the caretaker of my little babies to do the right thing and take precautions to save the little guys before it is too late.

Regards
Otis Squirrel


Weather in Pierre is hot, highs expected in the 90's. There is a possibility of thunderstorms today, and hot weather is expected to continue.


Relax Jim, the babies are fine.
08-15-2016, 10:53 AM   #28533
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,391
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Relax Jim, the babies are fine.
You tell that to Otis...he says the weather reporting is "rigged". He read it on the internet and says it must be true?

He wants a reply form the caretaker himself and some photos of the little fellows to make certain they are still alive and well. Me too!
08-15-2016, 11:42 AM   #28534
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,967
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
He wants a reply form the caretaker himself and some photos of the little fellows to make certain they are still alive and well. Me too!
Demand a picture of them together with today's newspaper! I know that's how it's supposed to be done - saw it on some news report out of Holywood or sumth'n.

Next thing you know he'll start sending you sap dripping pieces of new shoots in the mail

08-15-2016, 12:17 PM - 2 Likes   #28535
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,954
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You tell that to Otis...he says the weather reporting is "rigged". He read it on the internet and says it must be true?

He wants a reply form the caretaker himself and some photos of the little fellows to make certain they are still alive and well. Me too!
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Demand a picture of them together with today's newspaper! I know that's how it's supposed to be done - saw it on some news report out of Holywood or sumth'n.

Next thing you know he'll start sending you sap dripping pieces of new shoots in the mail


Straight from the Pierre Daily:


08-15-2016, 12:20 PM - 2 Likes   #28536
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,143
08-15-2016, 12:22 PM   #28537
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,954
That's a photo from the cold storage freezer at the cannery Bob.
08-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #28538
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,391
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Straight from the Pierre Daily:
Well, that calmed Otis down, but only because it came from you Racer. He said he knows you wouldn't go so low at to fake a news article, like might happen with the "designated caretaker".

---------- Post added 08-15-16 at 02:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Next thing you know he'll start sending you sap dripping pieces of new shoots in the mail
Otis would like that!

@robtcorl- OMG! I can't let Otis see that! He would be horrified!

08-15-2016, 12:29 PM   #28539
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,954
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
He said he knows you wouldn't go so low at to fake a news article, .......


I would never do anything like that.


Nope.


Not me.


No way.
08-15-2016, 12:36 PM - 2 Likes   #28540
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,391
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I would never do anything like that.


Nope.


Not me.


No way.
Some of us are honest and have values....some are not. Otis trusts you....me?...not so much!
08-15-2016, 12:49 PM - 3 Likes   #28541
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,967
Ah, sorry to interrupt, but I got breaking news on our founding father!

08-15-2016, 12:55 PM   #28542
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,143
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Ah, sorry to interrupt, but I got breaking news on our founding father!
Guess we need to close the thread now.
08-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #28543
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,391
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Guess we need to close the thread now.
Yep, too bad all the Mods are out looking for "Rupert Types" while this place goes to hell.

Otis says Jim is on his way to Texas and that is why we have this cold front. The last time he came down it snowed like crazy. But...in August? It's a crazy world, who knows?
08-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #28544
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,429
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Weather in Pierre is hot, highs expected in the 90's. There is a possibility of thunderstorms today, and hot weather is expected to continue.


Relax Jim, the babies are fine.
Yes, it's cooled off from last week.
08-15-2016, 02:08 PM - 1 Like   #28545
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,429
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Guess we need to close the thread now.
:knightonhorse:

:bonk:

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top