Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2016, 04:54 AM - 1 Like   #28771
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Thanks, Savoche ... we get to hand her back to the sleepless parents when we've had enough!
I know - that's what makes the deal so good But babysitting even for just a few hours can be quite taxing when they get mobile!

08-25-2016, 06:27 AM - 1 Like   #28772
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I became a proud grandfather, yesterday ... my wife has gone nuts with her knitting leading up to this
Congratulations! ...your wife does some excellent knitting, that is seriously good!

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
You big spender you!
I already said I'm a nice guy!

Grandkids can be expensive too....I estimate our oldest grandson ( the apple of Mrs Rupert's eye) has cost her well over $100k in his short 26 years...and that's just what I know of. The other three have been well furnished, but not like Jeffrey.

Are they worth it? You bet they are!
08-25-2016, 08:53 AM   #28773
Loyal Site Supporter

Roaming around I came across this....
Touching Photo Shows Dying Cat Holding Hands With His Owners

It brought me back in time to when I watched Mrs Rupert on the sofa with her beloved Siamese "Cat Trouble"...18 years old, in her arms and in very bad shape. After about an hour the kitty looked up at Mrs Rupert with her big blue eyes and took a deep breath...her last. It was heartbreaking to see. If you love little critters you do feel the pain of stories like these. They are a lot more than "just animals".

I miss a lot of people in my life that are now on the other side.....animals too. The best parts of who I am are they parts all of these souls left in me.
08-25-2016, 09:10 AM - 1 Like   #28774

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I know - that's what makes the deal so good But babysitting even for just a few hours can be quite taxing when they get mobile!

08-25-2016, 12:07 PM   #28775
Loyal Site Supporter

No need to kick them ...just go off and leave them!
Maryland Mom Arrested for Leaving Kids Alone to Get Food - Mother Left Her 8 and 9-Year-Olds at Home Alone

If they had arrested me and Mrs Rupert for leaving our kids that age alone for a few minutes we would still be in jail. They would have given my Mom the electric chair...she never missed an opportunity to get away from me. She did wait until I was 3 to go on week long vacations without me......thanks Mom!
08-25-2016, 02:22 PM   #28776
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
she never missed an opportunity to get away from me. She did wait until I was 3 to go on week long vacations without me......thanks Mom!
Bet you hosted some wild parties while she was gone!
08-25-2016, 03:55 PM   #28777
Site Supporter

No need to kick them ...just go off and leave them!
Maryland Mom Arrested for Leaving Kids Alone to Get Food - Mother Left Her 8 and 9-Year-Olds at Home Alone

If they had arrested me and Mrs Rupert for leaving our kids that age alone for a few minutes we would still be in jail. They would have given my Mom the electric chair...she never missed an opportunity to get away from me. She did wait until I was 3 to go on week long vacations without me......thanks Mom!
Here, the law says you can't leave them home alone until they're 13. BUT, you can send them to school on their own, walking on a rural 60mph road with no footpath, from age 6. Go figure.
08-25-2016, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #28778
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
You can bet on it! The happiest day of my Moms life was the day I moved out! She will be 90 on Saturday and has said if she had another one like me she would have been lucky to make 30....and I don't think she was kidding.

My Mom won't even keep our youngest grandson for a day (named after me). She says it is too painful a reminder of all those days long ago......

He's gonna be just fine...look at me...I made it, so will he!

If there is trouble to be found...he will find it!

08-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #28779
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If there is trouble to be found...he will find it!
Rupert type is written all over that handsome young man's face.
08-25-2016, 04:59 PM   #28780
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Yes, the energy crisis would be over if we could discover what powers the average two-year old.
08-25-2016, 08:06 PM   #28781
Loyal Site Supporter

Rupert type is written all over that handsome young man's face.
Yep, you nailed it perfectly. Suspended from school 3 times this year...grades are excellent...he just won't buckle to authority if he thinks they are "stupid".....and he is probably right. He told the principal that if he was half as smart as he thought he was he wouldn't be in a place with as many dumb teachers as he had working there. Probably right again.....but I need to work with him on some diplomacy. May be hard....it's still hard for me.

There is acceptable, good, great, and outstanding. My cream of chicken soup is outstanding .......Mrs Rupert describes it as heavenly and hopes they serve it in heaven. That, from one of the pickiest eaters on earth.

Why she keeps me around!
08-25-2016, 09:07 PM   #28782
Site Supporter

Grandkids can be expensive too....I estimate our oldest grandson ( the apple of Mrs Rupert's eye) has cost her well over $100k in his short 26 years...and that's just what I know of.
I'll volunteer for adoption with those perks!
08-25-2016, 09:08 PM   #28783
Site Supporter

Yep, you nailed it perfectly. Suspended from school 3 times this year...grades are excellent...he just won't buckle to authority if he thinks they are "stupid".....and he is probably right. He told the principal that if he was half as smart as he thought he was he wouldn't be in a place with as many dumb teachers as he had working there. Probably right again.....but I need to work with him on some diplomacy. May be hard....it's still hard for me.
Love it!
08-25-2016, 09:18 PM   #28784
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I'll volunteer for adoption with those perks!
She can adopt me too! Sometimes I think that's actually how we "came to be"? I get most everything I want, and in return I remain "reformed", which is what she always wanted! I don't have the heart to tell her I just got old and too worn out to be otherwise.

Seriously...that is some damn fine soup. I use the same base for shrimp soup but add a little different spice and a little tomato paste for color and flavor. Equally as good!

Did I ever mention that I shoot squirrels often? Here are a couple from today of a very brave critter out on a skinny limb. I think he had been drinking and didn't comprehend the risk?

Raised the hair on his back!

Otis....he's fearless!

Regards!
08-26-2016, 04:07 AM   #28785

I know I would have.

Nekkid girls.

Lampshades.

Alcohol.

All that stuff.