Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2016, 06:34 AM   #29086
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Don't be so sure I'm not checking up on you every now and then. Sometimes I have time for the nonsense, sometimes I don't.
That's good to know! If you want nonsense I'm you man....and my sidekick Otis can fill in any gaps where I fail!

Which reminds me...he keeps asking for you to come back to the squirrel thread, and even if you block me out there, he doesn't mind...it's your squirrel shots he is missing, and rarely pays any attention to mine anyhow.

Yep, my Grandad knew how to live...and eat! He did often use the term "moderation" and that is where many fail.....you can't live entirely on bacon...but it's not a bad way to go out..."Died by toxic bacon overdose".

Regards!

09-08-2016, 06:56 AM   #29087
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That's good to know! If you want nonsense I'm you man....and my sidekick Otis can fill in any gaps where I fail!

Which reminds me...he keeps asking for you to come back to the squirrel thread, and even if you block me out there, he doesn't mind...it's your squirrel shots he is missing, and rarely pays any attention to mine anyhow.

Yep, my Grandad knew how to live...and eat! He did often use the term "moderation" and that is where many fail.....you can't live entirely on bacon...but it's not a bad way to go out..."Died by toxic bacon overdose".

Regards!
Tell Otis I'm a little burned out on squirrels at the moment. No doubt, I'll pick them up as a thread again later.
09-08-2016, 08:10 AM   #29088
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
When life is no longer any fun... I'm outta here.
Yep. If I ever get to the point where I look forward to death as a relief, I guarantee I won't have to wait in anticipation very long.
It's rapidly becoming apparent, most doctors don't know how to interpret a study.
Or even individual test results.
A few years ago, after my annual physical, I got a call from the clinic nurse and she said all of the lab work was normal except that my total cholesterol was slightly elevated and they wanted me to come in and pick up a prescription for it.
I asked the nurse what the differential was and she said the LDL was at the very bottom of the normal range, but the HDL was slightly above the normal range.
I said "Okay, high HDL, within reason, is a good thing, so what are trying to do with the medication? Lower the LDL which is already sufficiently low, or lower the slightly high HDL?"
She said "Good question. I'll ask the PA and call you back."
About a half hour later she called back and said "He (the PA) said never mind. He'll see you again next year."
09-08-2016, 09:30 AM   #29089
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yep. If I ever get to the point where I look forward to death as a relief, I guarantee I won't have to wait in anticipation very long.Or even individual test results.
A few years ago, after my annual physical, I got a call from the clinic nurse and she said all of the lab work was normal except that my total cholesterol was slightly elevated and they wanted me to come in and pick up a prescription for it.
I asked the nurse what the differential was and she said the LDL was at the very bottom of the normal range, but the HDL was slightly above the normal range.
I said "Okay, high HDL, within reason, is a good thing, so what are trying to do with the medication? Lower the LDL which is already sufficiently low, or lower the slightly high HDL?"
She said "Good question. I'll ask the PA and call you back."
About a half hour later she called back and said "He (the PA) said never mind. He'll see you again next year."
Hopefully when you've forgotten the question.

09-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #29090
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
We never got that show.
You was deprived.

No "Some mothers do 'ave 'em".
09-08-2016, 11:49 AM   #29091
Loyal Site Supporter

Tell Otis I'm a little burned out on squirrels at the moment. No doubt, I'll pick them up as a thread again later.
He'll take Chippies....
09-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #29092
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by semaca Quote
We had some fun (it's a video. I don't know how to post it here )

What's this?

Bath time for your camera?
09-08-2016, 12:01 PM   #29093
Loyal Site Supporter

Just got a notice that Mama Zuma is hot to trot for delivery on Friday! Can't wait to see what the local squirrels of the sea, or if you prefer EDIT: Waste Technician Hawks, think of the product! Should be interesting......there is plenty to spare!

I guess someone was smart enough to figure out the word used in disguise? Amazed me! Squirrels had no idea what it meant!

Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 09-08-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Removed masked vulgarity.
09-08-2016, 03:48 PM   #29094
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
You was deprived.

No "Some mothers do 'ave 'em".
No doubt! I do have all the Fawlty Towers series on DVD. Watched "The Builders" last night. Don't know why, but I love that series.
09-08-2016, 03:49 PM   #29095
Site Supporter

This is a great episode too:
Fawlty Towers S01E06 - The Germans - Video Dailymotion
09-08-2016, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #29096
Pentaxian

To bring this thread back where it belongs (wherever that may be...), a picture from our expedition to the Washington State Fair yesterday. A vendor who knows how to satisfy that primal urge!

(no, I didn't - I was actually eating an alligator burger when I saw it)

Jim

Last edited by RoxnDox; 10-10-2016 at 07:23 PM.
09-08-2016, 05:18 PM   #29097
Site Supporter

That's a lovely bacon shrine!
09-08-2016, 07:02 PM   #29098
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
To bring this thread back where it belongs (wherever that may be...), a picture from our expedition to the Washington State Fair yesterday.
On the far right, that's young Bert looking in the window..... totally mesmerized by all that bacon! He's in the Pick-up lane...do you reckon....?

---------- Post added 09-08-16 at 09:43 PM ----------

I don't know if it's because he found a peanut butter oozing tree, or if it's because old grouchy Norm came back to the Squirrel thread and posted some fine shots.. but he is so excited his tongue is hanging out!
Either way it's a good ending for the day!

Regards!
09-08-2016, 09:38 PM   #29099
Site Supporter

You spoil that squirrel!
09-08-2016, 09:42 PM   #29100
Site Supporter

On a slightly sad note: Our oldest goldfish (Which was named both Bruce and Crystal by the kids when they were small as we could not determine if it was a male or a female goldfish) died yesterday, age 12. I know it's only a fish, but I liked that fish.