Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2016, 04:04 PM   #29161
Moderator
Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,794
I do have rib racks for the Weber which I think should work well for making bacon.

09-14-2016, 06:05 AM   #29162
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,138
If a thread collects 7,000 likes, and there's no one here to celebrate, does it make a sound?
09-14-2016, 09:50 AM   #29163
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,947
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
No, who's not here.
Who's on first.


What?
09-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #29164
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,947
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
If a thread collects 7,000 likes, and there's no one here to celebrate, does it make a sound?


Who you callin' no one Willis?

09-14-2016, 09:52 AM   #29165
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,428
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
What?
No, not what. Who.
What's on second.
09-14-2016, 09:52 AM   #29166
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,947
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
No, not what. Who.
What's on second.


When?
09-14-2016, 11:20 AM   #29167
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,157
Driving home tonight I had a really smooth trip. The consumption for the trip got as good as 57.1mpg, in a Passat, but then those are Volkswagen numbers.
09-14-2016, 11:42 AM   #29168
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,947
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Driving home tonight I had a really smooth trip. The consumption for the trip got as good as 57.1mpg, in a Passat, but then those are Volkswagen numbers.


And we all know how Volkswagen views numbers . . . . .

09-14-2016, 11:45 AM - 1 Like   #29169
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,428
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
The consumption for the trip got as good as 57.1mpg,
Was that calculated, or from the on-board lie-o-meter?
09-14-2016, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #29170
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,461
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Driving home tonight I had a really smooth trip. The consumption for the trip got as good as 57.1mpg, in a Passat, but then those are Volkswagen numbers.
09-14-2016, 12:27 PM - 3 Likes   #29171
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,138
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
57.1mpg, in a Passat, but then those are Volkswagen numbers.
Here, let me convert those to actual miles for you.

09-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #29172
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,461
Good news and bad news ...

Good news: The Mayor's office is sponsoring a photo contest and all three of the images that I submitted were selected and are now on exposition first in downtown merchants' windows and then later assembled in city hall ... there were only 42 total selected to be displayed and the maximum number of entries was limited to three ... so I went 100% with the "pre-selection" by the jury of the competition.

Bad news: ... well, maybe not bad news, but Justine went for a high school exchange program in the Spring to Germany for three months. Total immersion in a German family at Rostock. Well, now it's our turn to reciprocate. So as of tomorrow night I will have TWO teenage girls in the house for a three-month period ...

Again ...

WHAT.

WAS.

I.

THINKING ... !?

NB: The second bottle of Bordeaux is already under way ...
09-14-2016, 12:36 PM - 1 Like   #29173
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,947
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Good news and bad news ...

Good news: The Mayor's office is sponsoring a photo contest and all three of the images that I submitted were selected and are now on exposition first in downtown merchants' windows and then later assembled in city hall ... there were only 42 total selected to be displayed and the maximum number of entries was limited to three ... so I went 100% with the "pre-selection" by the jury of the competition.

Bad news: ... well, maybe not bad news, but Justine went for a high school exchange program in the Spring to Germany for three months. Total immersion in a German family at Rostock. Well, now it's our turn to reciprocate. So as of tomorrow night I will have TWO teenage girls in the house for a three-month period ...

Again ...

WHAT.

WAS.

I.

THINKING ... !?

NB: The second bottle of Bordeaux is already under way ...


Congratulations John.


I think.
09-14-2016, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #29174
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,461
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
If a thread collects 7,000 likes, and there's no one here to celebrate, does it make a sound?
09-14-2016, 01:02 PM - 1 Like   #29175
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,428
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
so I went 100% with the "pre-selection" by the jury of the competition.
Congratulations.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I will have TWO teenage girls in the house for a three-month period
Condolences.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:33 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top