Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2016, 09:01 AM   #29341
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
The house we stayed at in Ocean Park.

Big vacation rental house, 6 bedrooms, 3 1/2 bathrooms, 2 kitchens and a kitchenette, hot tub, pool table, game room. And a large flat screen TV in every room with cable.
Enough room for three families and more.
A short hike through the grassy dunes to the beach.
The perfect ocean getaway.

09-26-2016, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #29342
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Nice!
09-26-2016, 01:18 PM   #29343
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Guess that explains the morning sickness, and bacon cravings.
09-26-2016, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #29344
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Big vacation rental house, 6 bedrooms, 3 1/2 bathrooms, 2 kitchens and a kitchenette, hot tub, pool table, game room. And a large flat screen TV in every room with cable.
Enough room for three families and more.
A short hike through the grassy dunes to the beach.
The perfect ocean getaway.
Nice! Did you take any photos of the view?

09-26-2016, 09:34 PM - 1 Like   #29345
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Nice! Did you take any photos of the view?
That would make him seem like a tourist, which can be mispronounced to sound like something that shall not be pronounced.
09-27-2016, 01:12 AM - 1 Like   #29346
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
That would make him seem like a tourist, which can be mispronounced to sound like something that shall not be pronounced.
Tourettes? I suffer from that, especially when motorists don't give me space on my bicycle!
09-27-2016, 01:50 AM   #29347
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Today, again, I was reminded of the fleeting nature of our short lives on this Earth. A cycling friend, John Chesmar died suddenly today, here in Masterton, from a suspected heart attack.
He was a few days short of his 66th birthday, a fit and (seemingly) healthy man, much loved by his wife, Di, (also a cyclist, but a runner and triathlete too) and family. He was a keen road cyclist, always with a kind word and a friendly helping hand and a good sense of humour.

This last Saturday, John cycled with us on our 100km+ excursion to Alfredton and back. He was near the tail end of the group, as was I, when the going got fast. He was a much better cyclist than me, even though he had a good 16 years age disadvantage. Afterwards, we went for a coffee, bragging and lying session at Entice Cafe.

This came rather short on the heels of the (belated) news of my long-time friend, Bernard Toyk's passing in Cape Town, South Africa. I can do without news of this nature. Please join me, even though you don't know these people, by thinking of John's wife Di, and Bernard's partner Wendy and their respective families during this trying time.

09-27-2016, 01:58 AM   #29348
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

That's terribly sad, Mark.

I don't know the circumstances of Bernard's passing, but at least in John's case it was unexpected and not preceded by a lengthy decline, which is heart-breaking for all. We should all be so fortunate.

My thoughts are with their families, and of course you as their friend.
09-27-2016, 02:05 AM   #29349
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Please join me, even though you don't know these people, by thinking of John's wife Di, and Bernard's partner Wendy and their respective families during this trying time.
For sure - we all know that the chances of losing friends increase with age, but so does the time you've known people, so the personal loss is greater too - especially for partners, of course, but for all of us.
09-27-2016, 02:06 AM   #29350
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry to hear that, Mark. This kind of news is never welcome.

My thoughts are with the family and friends of John's and Berhard's.

09-27-2016, 02:29 AM   #29351
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
That's terribly sad, Mark.

I don't know the circumstances of Bernard's passing, but at least in John's case it was unexpected and not preceded by a lengthy decline, which is heart-breaking for all. We should all be so fortunate.

My thoughts are with their families, and of course you as their friend.
Thank you Mike. Bernard suffered a heart attack too, while driving. Luckily, he did not hit any other vehicles or people when he lost consciousness.
09-27-2016, 02:30 AM   #29352
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
For sure - we all know that the chances of losing friends increase with age, but so does the time you've known people, so the personal loss is greater too - especially for partners, of course, but for all of us.
Thanks Graham. Much appreciated.
09-27-2016, 02:32 AM   #29353
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Sorry to hear that, Mark. This kind of news is never welcome.

My thoughts are with the family and friends of John's and Berhard's.
Thank you, Savoche. Much appreciated.
09-27-2016, 05:56 AM   #29354
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hope you're okay, Mark, because it wasn't someone you had little contact with.

09-27-2016, 09:38 AM   #29355
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Today, again, I was reminded of the fleeting nature of our short lives on this Earth. A cycling friend, John Chesmar died suddenly today, here in Masterton, from a suspected heart attack.
He was a few days short of his 66th birthday, a fit and (seemingly) healthy man, much loved by his wife, Di, (also a cyclist, but a runner and triathlete too) and family. He was a keen road cyclist, always with a kind word and a friendly helping hand and a good sense of humour.

This last Saturday, John cycled with us on our 100km+ excursion to Alfredton and back. He was near the tail end of the group, as was I, when the going got fast. He was a much better cyclist than me, even though he had a good 16 years age disadvantage. Afterwards, we went for a coffee, bragging and lying session at Entice Cafe.

This came rather short on the heels of the (belated) news of my long-time friend, Bernard Toyk's passing in Cape Town, South Africa. I can do without news of this nature. Please join me, even though you don't know these people, by thinking of John's wife Di, and Bernard's partner Wendy and their respective families during this trying time.

Sad news Mark, allow me to offer my condolences.