01-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #3061
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Got me three.

01-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #3062
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Not to harsh your vibe - but who is Ricoh's Steve Jobs?

P.S. - 7 years ago today he debuted the iPhone.

Though we're mixing business icons, AFA kids go, they were all planned. Wife wanted three I wanted two (the Discounted Future Cost of the third child was just too high at the time, I thought). I subsequently learned the true meaning of the expression, "Men ask. Women decide."

There was only one way we weren't having the third child.

But I was right about the Cost.
Dont worry, I have no commitment to Ricoh execs. All I suggest is that doom saying for favored hardware providers has been going on for a long time. Cannot predict what a Company might do, unless you use history. And when a possible sea change begins, which Ricoh could be, wait and see.
01-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #3063
Site Supporter

Monochrome, I have the original iPhone. I bought the first MacBook. Had the Performa and the iMac. Now I have the MacBook Pro, iPhone4s, a second backup MacBook Pro, and the first gen iPad. I tried Windows, with two different laptops. And at work, they made me use their desktop. But I carried in my own Mac laptop to save time. Things worked better. This is why, so far, I love Pentax. Everything pretty much works and the lens selection is great. Cannot comment about Canikon because I bought Pentax for one thing: affordable and demonstrated weather sealing. And now I have great lenses, and a commitment to the brand that rivals my commitment to Apple products. Maybe I just like the innovative guys.

Maybe that is how brand loyalty is built?

Dick
01-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #3064
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Monochrome, I have the original iPhone. I bought the first MacBook. Had the Performa and the iMac. Now I have the MacBook Pro, iPhone4s, a second backup MacBook Pro, and the first gen iPad. I tried Windows, with two different laptops. And at work, they made me use their desktop. But I carried in my own Mac laptop to save time. Things worked better. This is why, so far, I love Pentax. Everything pretty much works and the lens selection is great. Cannot comment about Canikon because I bought Pentax for one thing: affordable and demonstrated weather sealing. And now I have great lenses, and a commitment to the brand that rivals my commitment to Apple products. Maybe I just like the innovative guys.

Maybe that is how brand loyalty is built?

Dick
Hey look guys! A serious post!! I wondered what one of those looked like!!!

01-09-2014, 04:23 PM   #3065
Site Supporter

But Provolone cheese is not a Pentax or Apple product. So some of my favorite things come from cows, goats and sheep.

And that is why I will not buy a K3 until Ricoh has goats and sheep grazing on on the front lawn of their HQ. Or until the livestock begin chewing on Canon's turf.

This just in: tokyo
01-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #3066
Veteran Member

But Provolone cheese is not a Pentax or Apple product. So some of my favorite things come from cows, goats and sheep.

And that is why I will not buy a K3 until Ricoh has goats and sheep grazing on on the front lawn of their HQ. Or until the livestock begin chewing on Canon's turf.

This just in: tokyo
That's better! Actually I think the Apple angle is spot on! Oops serious thought!!
01-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #3067
Veteran Member

what was the point of this thread again? aside from cheese
01-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #3068
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OldNoob Quote
what was the point of this thread again? aside from cheese
The point of the thread is that there is no point.

01-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #3069
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe that is how brand loyalty is built? Dick
Hah hah hah!!

If you only knew how many people on this blog have called me a Pentax plant, a fanboy, a pretend expert, asked me to stop, blinkered, an obviously ill-informed amateur (probably accurate) . . . . .

I'm the guy who started saying over two years ago >>

"Be of good cheer, Pentaxians. Ricoh has a Plan, and you will be happy."

For the longest time I thought I was a PC guy. Until I counted the Apple products owned by my wife and children. Starting with iPods.

When I gave my wife an appointment at the Apple Store for Christmas I knew I'd been assimilated by the apple-and-cheese-eating Borg
01-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #3070
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Are you inferring, nay stating, that our posts in this thread were not serious. A pox upon you for generation unto generation. May you open your camera storage and discover that the photo fairies have re-logoed every piece with ...
Well, you know in your heart what that five- letter word would be, don't you.
01-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #3071
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Are you inferring, nay stating, that our posts in this thread were not serious. A pox upon you for generation unto generation. May you open your camera storage and discover that the photo fairies have re-logoed every piece with ...
Hiding under my blankets now!!!
01-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #3072
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
I agree, jac. I am sorely hurt that someone has suggested that a serious post is a rarity here. I have over 300 posts in this thread and each and every one of them was, per se, a pearl of wisdom, just like all of the others' posts.
Of all the noive! Why I oughtta............
01-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #3073
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I agree, jac. I am sorely hurt that someone has suggested that a serious post is a rarity here. I have over 300 posts in this thread and each and every one of them was, per se, a pearl of wisdom, just like all of the others' posts.
Of all the noive! Why I oughtta............
WOW! The response was almost as swift as the camera in the shower fiasco!! Detailed in post #2913
01-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #3074
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

And may the good Pentax pixies turn all your Provoloni into igunaq. (You will get used to the smell. Eventually. But remember that it attracts Polar bears so don't go out in either daylight hours or night. In fact, just stay under your blankets and repeat ad nauseum Monochrome's mischievous statement of hope and good cheer.)
01-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #3075
Loyal Site Supporter

Bacon and cheese ARE serious!

And dachshunds.