Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2016, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #31096
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Here's that maple sugar cinnamon bacon I promised.
(short OT photo talk)
I have a new laptop and it renders photos different than my old, mostly it seems to over saturate my jpegs.
Still working on trying to fine tune the color management settings.

12-01-2016, 08:46 AM   #31097
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I'm currently looking for a good excuse to open a bottle of Laphroaig Cask Strength I've been saving.
Excuse? Who needs an excuse for something like that?! Just open it, will ya!

Mine's almost finished - I need to get me another one
12-01-2016, 08:50 AM - 1 Like   #31098
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
It's been a couple of months......no doubt full of speculation of every imaginable variety. I came across this early this morning and it says what I have wanted to say for a while, but better than I could have said it.
No, I am not angry with anyone here, even old Nass...who may in fact be a decent guy, I did see signs of that in communications with him...though he will probably never be a big squirrel fan?

Read it.....maybe you can relate and maybe not? I can tell you it has been very good for me to reestablish connections with the live people around me. I am a "people person" and in the flesh works great for me and my personality...and big mouth. I also get a lot of stuff done that I wasn't getting done around here....with all that extra time. Mrs Rupert likes that!

Not saying I won't ever be back, I did just renew my membership as a Loyal Member...though that sounds kind of hypocritical for someone that is not here......but the cash won't hurt the site, will it?

It isn't easy admitting to yourself you have an addiction.....be it alcohol, drugs, tobacco, wild blonds, or fast cars.....none of which I have, at least not now at my age! A couple of those would be almost welcome.....some damn fun times "back in the day"!

Anyhow, read it and know where old Rupert is at....out in the world in a crowded elevator...for the time being.

Best Regards!
Rupert

An elevator pitch on escaping social media - The Boston Globe
Whoa! You mean you interact with the real world now?? That's plain scary! I would never do that...

(Well, not entirely true. I'm not very active on here these days, just dropping in to keep an eye on all y'alls most days. So behave! )
12-01-2016, 09:20 AM - 1 Like   #31099
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Speaking of interacting with the real world I am doing some shooting on my property with a cute girl on Saturday. She will have her M1 Garand, SKS, and AK47, I will have my AR10, AR15, and AK47. Tannerite will be involved. Now I need to find a stump that needs evicted.

12-01-2016, 09:25 AM - 1 Like   #31100
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Speaking of interacting with the real world I am doing some shooting on my property with a cute girl on Saturday. She will have her M1 Garand, SKS, and AK47, I will have my AR10, AR15, and AK47. Tannerite will be involved. Now I need to find a stump that needs evicted.
Cute girl with an M1. It doesn't get much better than that!
12-01-2016, 09:41 AM   #31101
Site Supporter

I agree!
12-01-2016, 09:50 AM - 2 Likes   #31102
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
(short OT photo talk)
I have a new laptop and it renders photos different than my old, mostly it seems to over saturate my jpegs.
Man, oh man. You do know how to prepare a slab of Schweinefleisch, Bob! <drool...>

I kind of like the over-saturation... Even the word has connotations of animal fats

12-01-2016, 09:52 AM - 3 Likes   #31103
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

If that's not an application for slow-motion video, I don't know what is!
12-01-2016, 12:01 PM   #31104
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Stranger things have happened

Not my image!
12-01-2016, 02:09 PM   #31105
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's been a couple of months......no doubt full of speculation of every imaginable variety. I came across this early this morning and it says what I have wanted to say for a while, but better than I could have said it.
No, I am not angry with anyone here, even old Nass...who may in fact be a decent guy, I did see signs of that in communications with him...though he will probably never be a big squirrel fan?

Read it.....maybe you can relate and maybe not? I can tell you it has been very good for me to reestablish connections with the live people around me. I am a "people person" and in the flesh works great for me and my personality...and big mouth. I also get a lot of stuff done that I wasn't getting done around here....with all that extra time. Mrs Rupert likes that!

Not saying I won't ever be back, I did just renew my membership as a Loyal Member...though that sounds kind of hypocritical for someone that is not here......but the cash won't hurt the site, will it?

It isn't easy admitting to yourself you have an addiction.....be it alcohol, drugs, tobacco, wild blonds, or fast cars.....none of which I have, at least not now at my age! A couple of those would be almost welcome.....some damn fun times "back in the day"!

Anyhow, read it and know where old Rupert is at....out in the world in a crowded elevator...for the time being.

Best Regards!
Rupert

An elevator pitch on escaping social media - The Boston Globe
Good to see you back. Feel free to pop in, however infrequently.
12-01-2016, 02:09 PM - 1 Like   #31106
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
(short OT photo talk)
That looks absolutely delicious Rob!
12-01-2016, 06:58 PM   #31107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I once got one of those while I was using my employer's laptop. So to test the veracity of the claim that they were my authorised support service I asked: "who owns my computer?" That put them off.
You should have made them stay on-line longer!
I was having a blast with the one that called me.
12-01-2016, 07:03 PM - 1 Like   #31108
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's been a couple of months....
Knew you'd be back Not the same here without you.
12-01-2016, 10:40 PM   #31109
Pentaxian

Rupert, nice of you to come back. Please do not have an enforced holiday again.

---------- Post added 12-02-16 at 04:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
You should have made them stay on-line longer!
I was having a blast with the one that called me.
The longer you keep them on line the more likely you are to give them that little bit of extra ID spoofing info they are looking for, completely by accident and inadvertently.
12-02-2016, 03:12 AM   #31110
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
It's been a couple of months......
Well I missed you Jim.

Don't be such a stranger.