Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2014, 12:05 PM   #3136
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
:BUMP:

Damn. Snow is harder to meter than I thought.

There should be a fast food chain that features a cheese sandwich. All this beef is unappealing and chicken just isn't enough of a diversion.
I did at least take care of the gluten problem, before anyone got upset.

01-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #3137
Site Supporter

I'm going outside to play with my camera-not-to-be-named-on-this-thread and my legacy lenses.
I will be curious as to how well your M42 lenses work. Various reports seem to indicate that sandpaper to the lens may be required which is another reason why I should not buy a K-3.

Steve
01-11-2014, 12:18 PM   #3138
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I will be curious as to how well your M42 lenses work. Various reports seem to indicate that sandpaper to the lens may be required which is another reason why I should not buy a K-3.

Steve
I was thinking K lenses. I sort of planned a stevebrot-style extensive Review/Post, but I can do a few preview comments (see my squib about metering snow upthread). However, if defacing one of my ST or S-M-C normals is a requirement then we shall never know about my Takumars.

Come to think of it, I do have an old ST50/1.4 with a loose aperture indicator ring . . . . .
01-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #3139
Site Supporter

I sort of planned a stevebrot-style extensive Review/Post

Steve

01-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #3140
Site Supporter

I can't believe it...almost five hours and no new posts.

How can we possibly get the news out to the world.

Steve
01-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #3141
Site Supporter

I can't believe it...almost five hours and no new posts.

How can we possibly get the news out to the world.

Steve
We were all waiting to see who will flinch first
01-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #3142
Veteran Member

Slowing down, oh no, can't have that.
01-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #3143
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
We were all waiting to see who will flinch first
I was digesting two kinds of cheese, bacon and the fact that my camera is out to get me. Does Philly cream cheese dip and chips while watching the Seahawks/Saints count as a third kind of cheese?

01-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #3144
Loyal Site Supporter

It was 50 degrees today. If you are in North America you were outside taking photos with a K5 (or something). I got out for two hours.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-11-2014 at 06:29 PM.
01-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #3145
Site Supporter

It was 50 degrees today. If you are in North America you were outside taking photos with a K5 (or something).
Not here...It was not particularly cold, but VERY windy with heavy rain most of the day and very little light.

Steve
01-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #3146
Site Supporter

It was 50 degrees today. If you are in North America you were outside taking photos with a K5 (or something).
Would have had to have been a DA* lens on that K5, it was raining Main Coon cats and dachshunds at my place.
Perfect evening to stay in and digest my delicious and juicy cheese-steak sandwich.
Good reason not to get the K3: not cat and dog proof

edit: it got to around 60F today.
edit 2: 63F says the wife.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 01-11-2014 at 06:17 PM.
01-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #3147
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Philly cream cheese
It does say Cheese, so I would think so.
01-11-2014, 06:12 PM - 2 Likes   #3148
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Four score and 13 days ago, a member brought forth upon this forum a new thread; conceived in disgruntlement and dedicated to the proposition that no camera should bear the name Ricoh.
Now we are engaged in a great mockery, testng whether that thread, or any thread so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
We are met in a great thread of that mockery. We have come to dedicate a portion of this thread (well, just post #1), as a final resting place for those who here gave their opinion that Pentax shot itself in the foot. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this thread. The brave men and women, living and dead, who opined here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the loyal Pentaxians, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored Pentaxians we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these loyal members shall not have posted in vain -- that this forum, under Adam, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that forum of the Pentaxians, by the Pentaxians, for the Pentaxians, shall not perish from the internet.

Abraham Lincoln Parallax

Last edited by Parallax; 01-11-2014 at 06:17 PM.
01-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #3149
Loyal Site Supporter

Not here...It was not particularly cold, but VERY windy with heavy rain most of the day and very little light.

Steve
Well sure, but you're up there in rainland where WR matters. I know the SV has to stay in, but you do have some WR gear, right?
01-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #3150
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pizza tonight! Bacon bacon bacon pizza!!! Oh yeah!!