12-28-2016, 06:42 AM   #31622
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
And we all know that a happy wife Otis is a happy life
Otis says......
"For a "Bacon Hater"....you're a pretty smart boy!"

When the sap flows from the Peanut Trees, squirrels are happy critters!

I exceeded my self-alloted time on the Forum yesterday....Otis said "It's because you have a big mouth." He says I need to say less and less and less...until I just disappear....

Regards!
12-28-2016, 07:02 AM   #31623
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Well, not quite disappear. We did miss you during your absence from here. Not sure I like that preposition used that way.
12-28-2016, 07:47 AM - 3 Likes   #31624
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
today's haiku:
the countdown begins
one hundred days until she
is retired like me

12-28-2016, 11:11 AM - 3 Likes   #31625
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
today's haiku:
the countdown begins
one hundred days until she
is retired like me
Congratulations to her! I started my 100 day countdown for Mrs Rupert's retirement almost six years ago and she is still there....although she swore Jan 1st 2017 was it for her. Now with her two "dreaded" bosses gone and Mrs Rupert in charge, she may stay forever.....Unlike your Mrs, the thought of being with me 24/7 is a driving factor in her continuation to hold on to her job, I have no doubt about it.

BTW- Exceeding my time here again already today.....It takes a lot of time to respond to others and to "get involved" ....unless you are one of those "Drag and Drop" guys....and I am not one of those!

It is also expensive...in the last few days I have spent almost $100 here helping out some deserving shooters to upgrade...at the insistence of Otis, who promises to pay me back.......

So do you have any plans for when she retires? Travel, hobbies, whatever? Mrs Rupert has over 500 free days accumulated, but seldom takes any off. She can choose to get paid for them and usually does every so often. This weekend...weather permitting ...we are going to take a little road trip, maybe out to drive around in Balmorhea State Park...one of the few places in Texas I have never been....

Whatever your plans after her retirement I hope you enjoy every minute and use the time to your best advantage. You have both worked hard to get here, it is time to relax and enjoy the fruits of that hard work!

Best Regards!
12-28-2016, 06:01 PM   #31626
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice for a VHS tape! Rupert.
12-28-2016, 06:56 PM   #31627
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Brussels sprouts are one of the few vegies I like. Cabbage, spinach, and corn I like also.
Cucmbers are my weakness. I like them in salads, or as a side garnish, but I love cucumber sandwiches. Cucmbers, mayo, and white bread!
My daughter roasted Brussels Sprouts for dinner Sunday (with roast beast, hand-mashed potatos and gravy). Slice sprouts 1/2 lengthwise, brush with light garlic butter, put on a cookie sheet cut side up and broil until top is slightly brown.

I just put 2 gal. of Texas Red Chili on to simmer for New Year's Eve (it has to 'rest' in the fridge for a day and a half before it is ready to heat and serve).

12-28-2016, 07:19 PM   #31628
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
My daughter roasted Brussels Sprouts for dinner Sunday (with roast beast, hand-mashed potatos and gravy). Slice sprouts 1/2 lengthwise, brush with light garlic butter, put on a cookie sheet cut side up and broil until top is slightly brown.
Sounds very good! Here are more recipes.....the buffalo sprouts are good, but a little time consuming to make, or maybe I was just in a hurry?
30+ Best Brussels Sprout Recipes - How to Cook Brussel Sprouts?Delish.com

Regards & enjoy the chili!
12-28-2016, 08:36 PM - 1 Like   #31629
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
sprouts are good, but a little time consuming to make
Yesterday dinner, I saw some left over mini sprouts in fridge,
so i cut off the stems, boiled for a few minutes then added frozen peas, then tipped out the water ,
added salt, pepper, butter.
The boys ate them all. I missed out

Tonite I made a cold salad of greens, small green onions ( I forget USA name) and grated carrot and grated cheddar.

I missed out again because I was still working!

Hey Rupert, good to see you again!, Happy New Year!
12-28-2016, 09:01 PM - 1 Like   #31630
Pentaxian

Merry belated HanuChristmaKwanzaMas to all, and I have a new GoPro to play with so no reason to even think about a K-3 (discontinued or not!)
12-28-2016, 11:39 PM - 1 Like   #31631
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
. . . . . . . . small green onions ( I forget USA name) . . . . . . . . . . .
These things?

Scallions.

Spring onions.

Green onions.

Tasty.

I use them in lots of things. Soups. Salads. Sauces. Salad dressings. Tuna salad for sandwiches. Meat loaf surprise. Sushi.

The list goes on.

They add lots of flavor. Some dishes are incomplete without them.
12-28-2016, 11:41 PM   #31632
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

small green onions ( I forget USA name)
We call 'em "scallions" here
12-29-2016, 12:04 AM - 1 Like   #31633
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
These things?
Yes, and thanks to BigMack, ..... I used to call them "shallots" in Australia,( emphasis on.. LOTS ) and maybe any Aussie on here can say the way they are called now.
But my Michigan wife has a different pronunciation for "shallots" ( emphasis on.. SHALL) , and furthermore my darling refers to another different onion by this name.

Anyway, on friday evenings we often have "Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil" on toast and I add lots of garlic. ....delicious...
12-29-2016, 12:08 AM - 1 Like   #31634
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
They add lots of flavor. Some dishes are incomplete without them.
The humble omelette, for example...
12-29-2016, 06:07 AM   #31635
Veteran Member

Hey Rupert, good to see you again!, Happy New Year!
Thanks & Happy New Year to you too! Although I am trying to limit my time here, I will probably fail....Otis says he guarantees it....failure, that is.

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
The humble omelette, for example...
Yep, and I make a lot of soups. I have a base recipe that will make many different soups...all very delicious. Every one has a little onion and a little garlic. Sometimes just a hint is all you need, but without it, much is lost in flavor.

Regards!

I'm all ready to go to that Balmorhea State Park area for a couple of days. My "Detail Lady" worked all afternoon yesterday on the TT so it is like new inside and out and all ready to hit the highway. The weather is exceptional both here and out West where we are headed. Mostly in the low 70s F for the next few days. I'm loving this "global warming" as much as Otis! If we can keep Jim and Donna out of Texas this year we may not even have a Winter at all!

A FF shot using theTammy 70-200 2.8......All perfect and ready to roll! I have 4 new Dunlop Signature high performance tires and I really like them. Bought them online at the Tire Rack..... a great place to shop for tires! If it rolls, they have it and delivery was the next day...prices are the best and online help is superior.

Doesn't look 15 years old, and the inside is perfect too! Like my Jeep, I take really good care of my vehicles!

Regards! You guys be careful on New Years Eve but have fun! ......if you are traveling, pay attention, it can be dangerous out there with the drunks that roam......