Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #3166
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Wake up! It's morning. Where is everybody?
Le matin?! ... that was nine hours ago for me ... and to think that the rural French countryside has been refining tons of true cheese while y'all have been dozing off ... lazy bunch of ... well, never mind, at least the Velvetta and the K-3 factories were doing their usual 24/7 ... n'est pas ?!

01-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #3167
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey, I waited until after 8:00. The day's nearly half gone.
01-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #3168
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Le matin?! ... that was nine hours ago for me ... and to think that the rural French countryside has been refining tons of true cheese while y'all have been dozing off ... lazy bunch of ... well, never mind, at least the Velvetta and the K-3 factories were doing their usual 24/7 ... n'est pas ?!
That's yesterday's news in the real world.
01-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #3169
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
That's yesterday's news in the real world.
"Ouch" ... and as the French would say (between mouth-fulls of true cheese) ... "touché, coulé" ... J

https://www.google.fr/search?q=touch%C3%A9+coul%C3%A9&client=firefox-a&hs=vS...w=1366&bih=621

01-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #3170
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Temp = 60, eh? (or 63!)
It is 35.5 here, as I type - forecast to grow incrementally to 44 by Friday.
Not a drop of rain in sight.
Oh, and we measure in C rather than F.
I'd rather your 60 than my 44 - by a long shot.
Sorry about the edits. I was getting constant updates from different sources.
Yes that would have been in Fahrenheit. Funny how I would rather take your 35C to our 60F.
01-12-2014, 08:25 AM   #3171
Veteran Member

"Ouch" ... and as the French would say (between mouth-fulls of true cheese) ... "touché, coulé" ... J

https://www.google.fr/search?q=touch%C3%A9+coul%C3%A9&client=firefox-a&hs=vS...w=1366&bih=621
Now you're just bragging. The least you could do is share the cheese.
01-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #3172
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Now you're just bragging. The least you could do is share the cheese.
........and the wine.

(Wine, not "whine" as in the thread title.)

01-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #3173
Veteran Member

........and the wine.

That's right!
01-12-2014, 09:44 AM   #3174
Pentaxian

........and the wine.

OK ... no problem; the French are very good in both domains ... wine & whine ... Salut, J
01-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #3175
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hmm... so that means... The Thread has always been about whine and cheese, and at least half of the so-called "off-topic" posts have been very much on-topic. If we keep this up, we may find that it has had "a point", as well as socially redeeming value!

Temps in the 50s/60s (F) here, with scattered rain, sun, and tornado warnings.
01-12-2014, 11:08 AM   #3176
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

whine and jeez!
01-12-2014, 11:19 AM   #3177
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ɥoɔᴉɹ on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see ɥoɔᴉɹ on the front of the camera.I think ɥoɔᴉɹ just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know uouɐɔ and uoʞᴉu. I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If ɥoɔᴉɹ puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own uoʞᴉu and uouɐɔ slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.
There's always tape or a Sharpie dude.

Oh, and I fixed your post up a bit.

You're welcome.
01-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #3178
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Four score and 13 days ago, a member brought forth upon this forum a new thread; conceived in disgruntlement and dedicated to the proposition that no camera should bear the name Ricoh.
Now we are engaged in a great mockery, testng whether that thread, or any thread so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
We are met in a great thread of that mockery. We have come to dedicate a portion of this thread (well, just post #1), as a final resting place for those who here gave their opinion that Pentax shot itself in the foot. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this thread. The brave men and women, living and dead, who opined here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the loyal Pentaxians, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored Pentaxians we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these loyal members shall not have posted in vain -- that this forum, under Adam, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that forum of the Pentaxians, by the Pentaxians, for the Pentaxians, shall not perish from the internet.

Abraham Lincoln Parallax
What's in a name? My first SLR was a Ricoh XR2S. Still have it, it works perfectly. The name never bothered me in the least.

I must say though, when I bought my *istDL, the sales guy tried his damnedest to sell me the Samsung version. He said that Samsung had taken over Pentax and the Pentax name brand was going away.

Phtt!

Long live Pentax.

Be it Asahi, Hoya, Honeywell, Samsung, or Ricoh.
01-12-2014, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #3179
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey! Vous coulé mon cuirassé!

01-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #3180
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There is no honor in dying for your camera brand. Honor comes from making the other sob die for his camera brand.
Did you stand in front of a giant flag with a helmet on???

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
It's just a jump to the left. And then a step to the right...
I was just watching that!! Trying to erase the horrid other thing still banging around in my skull!!
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »