Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2017, 12:02 PM   #32206
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like you're heading for a great day Rupert. And, judging from Jim's experience - look out for idiot motorists!

01-19-2017, 12:39 PM - 1 Like   #32207
Veteran Member

Opened the chest cavity in the little piggy... quite fascinating and I still managed to eat my lunch
We'll be taking them apart now after lunch, don't worry Mark I didn't bring the camera so no photos
01-19-2017, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #32208
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Opened the chest cavity in the little piggy... quite fascinating and I still managed to eat my lunch
We'll be taking them apart now after lunch, don't worry Mark I didn't bring the camera so no photos
Awwww... But then it didn't happen, right?
01-19-2017, 01:40 PM - 2 Likes   #32209
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So long as you bring home the bacon Bert!

01-19-2017, 05:04 PM   #32210
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Sounds like you're heading for a great day Rupert. And, judging from Jim's experience - look out for idiot motorists!
It was a great day.....went all over the place and also delivered a ton of chocolate to my Chocolate Girlfriends. Aldis has fine chocolates and at very good prices.

I am always careful Mark, but you know how it is.....you can't think for the "other guy". I see accidents or rear accidents almost daily...some scare the hell out of me!
Coming back from Balmorhea we were in a little town approaching a red light and there were two lanes going forward. I wanted to get in the left one to go to McDonalds and almost hit a car in my blind spot. Thankfully Mrs Rupert hollered just in time. I was very tired, had a splitting headache, and some nausea from the headache. Perfect combination for an accident. I should have been letting her drive. It made me more aware than normal of how fast an accident can happen.

Regards!
01-19-2017, 05:46 PM - 1 Like   #32211
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So long as you bring home the bacon Bert!
You beat me to it. Was going to say something about mini bacon...
01-19-2017, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #32212
Veteran Member

Super interesting inside the pig!
Hands still stink after washing around 10 times...

Holding the heart made me think of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom...

01-19-2017, 06:21 PM   #32213
Veteran Member

Hands still stink after washing around 10 times...

Holding the heart made me think of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom...

I remember that smell decades after high school biology , it's the smell of a mortuary too. . I did all he cutting while my more able drawing partner documented it
01-19-2017, 06:33 PM - 1 Like   #32214
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've butchered hogs and field dressed game, but "super interesting inside" never once came to my mind.
I guess my expectations were low.
01-19-2017, 07:38 PM   #32215
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
So were mine with that bloated cow....even at that young and curious age I had no interest in what was inside. I guess that didn't apply to the possum?

Regards!
01-19-2017, 08:07 PM - 1 Like   #32216
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would be very hesitant to poke a bloated ANYTHING! This would include the better half
01-19-2017, 09:58 PM   #32217
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Long ago I heard veterans talking of bloated men at El Alamein and nearby places in Egypt and Libya. They had to move them.

---------- Post added 01-20-17 at 03:33 PM ----------

The hardest road hazard here in winter is a soldier in a spotty suit riding a bicycle with no lights or reflecting stuff at night on a public country road. Next to that is a member of the public doing similar in dark clothes on a narrow country road.
01-19-2017, 10:56 PM   #32218
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I've butchered hogs and field dressed game, but "super interesting inside" never once came to my mind.
I take it you have not watched any cesareans? I had a rink side seat for two. Pretty cool. And unlike the pig, everyone was still alive after the event! Always a bonus.
01-20-2017, 05:56 AM   #32219
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I take it you have not watched any cesareans? I had a rink side seat for two. Pretty cool. And unlike the pig, everyone was still alive after the event! Always a bonus.
I'm sure I would find that super interesting, if I could stand to watch the procedure.
Of my 3 natural birth children I was only in the delivery room for the last one, 29 years ago next month.
01-20-2017, 06:18 AM   #32220
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Long ago I heard veterans talking of bloated men at El Alamein and nearby places in Egypt and Libya. They had to move them.
One of the stories my Dad told of WWII that has stuck in my mind is stacking frozen solid dead soldiers in a warehouse in Belgium after the Battle of the Bulge. It was full from top to bottom and the size of a Super Walmart store. I still have a hard time imagining it.

Regards!
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »