Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
01-20-2017, 09:58 AM - 2 Likes   #32221
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Important Alert!

I was reading over at Delish.com this morning for new recipes and found this "life changing" information. Looks to be of vital importance....certainly more important than I find anything else going on today!

I liked the headliner that said More bacon=More happiness !
This Is The Fastest Way To Cook Bacon

Thanks to the power of Amazon Prime (where my stock is rising fast again!) someone I now that needs a little cheering up and the powerful healing powers that only bacon can achieve will soon be a proud owner! What could be better than being all laid up with nothing to do but cook bacon for three months! I'm already envious! ......well, not really!
Amazon.com: Nostalgia BCN6BK Bacon Express Crispy Bacon Grill: Kitchen & Dining

Happy eating!

Rupert

01-20-2017, 11:00 AM - 3 Likes   #32222
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Important Alert!

I was reading over at Delish.com this morning for new recipes and found this "life changing" information. Looks to be of vital importance....certainly more important than I find anything else going on today!

I liked the headliner that said More bacon=More happiness !
This Is The Fastest Way To Cook Bacon

Thanks to the power of Amazon Prime (where my stock is rising fast again!) someone I now that needs a little cheering up and the powerful healing powers that only bacon can achieve will soon be a proud owner! What could be better than being all laid up with nothing to do but cook bacon for three months! I'm already envious! ......well, not really!
Amazon.com: Nostalgia BCN6BK Bacon Express Crispy Bacon Grill: Kitchen & Dining

Happy eating!

Rupert
I layer it on a sheet pan with Parchment, I can easily do a whole pan at once and have it stay flat , in the kitchen at work we do 5-10 pounds at a time ....edit and then I will pour off the fat to cook Home fries with why waste all that good pig fat
01-20-2017, 11:19 AM   #32223
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
01-20-2017, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #32224
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Meanwhile, across the pond in France . . . . . . . pay special attention to what they find at around 5:06.

01-20-2017, 08:19 PM - 1 Like   #32225
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
pay special attention to what they find at around 5:06.
Someone with a Canon finally wised up and did the right thing!

Mrs Rupert's Kitty Lunch Box came in yesterday and she took her first lunch to work with her today. She is proud of it and all her workmates thought it was fantastic! I was in Aldis today and loaded up on lunchbox goodies for her...this will be fun!

Name:  Kitty Box.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  456.3 KB

She said it is the best lunch box she has ever owned!

Regards!
01-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #32226
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Mrs. Rupert is a lucky girl Jim.
01-20-2017, 10:27 PM   #32227
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lately I've been absent for days at a time, except the three days we were trapped inside by the ice storm. When I am free I spend most of my time visiting these two. Lottie and Wheeler are already six birth weeks old but only 33 weeks by God's age. They'll likely stay in NICU for four to six more weeks, though perhaps not so aggressively monitored. I always have good intentions to take the K-1 and 77, but sometimes I forget. This phone photo captures their first time together in an incubator. They've outgrown their little preemie wraps, and apparently this time together (just like skin-to-skin with Mom and Dad) is an actual medical procedure for twins. It apparently helps their development.

Lottie nearer, Wheeler further, and near as can be told they are perfect. Cool stuff, gotta say.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
01-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #32228
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Lately I've been absent for days at a time, except the three days we were trapped inside by the ice storm. When I am free I spend most of my time visiting these two. Lottie and Wheeler are already six birth weeks old but only 33 weeks by God's age. They'll likely stay in NICU for four to six more weeks, though perhaps not so aggressively monitored. I always have good intentions to take the K-1 and 77, but sometimes I forget. This phone photo captures their first time together in an incubator. They've outgrown their little preemie wraps, and apparently this time together (just like skin-to-skin with Mom and Dad) is an actual medical procedure for twins. It apparently helps their development.

Lottie nearer, Wheeler further, and near as can be told they are perfect. Cool stuff, gotta say.
Being a grandpa is a wonderful feeling, isn't it?
01-21-2017, 04:23 AM   #32229
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I may be going home today.
I'm not sure I'm ready to be home, and I know I'm not looking forward to the drive.
01-21-2017, 06:15 AM   #32230
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I'm not sure I'm ready to be home, and I know I'm not looking forward to the drive.
The drive or the ride home Jim?
I'm guessing you're in no shape to be driving.
Hopefully it won't be as bad as you're anticipating, hang in there.
01-21-2017, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #32231
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The grandbabies are wonderful, of course, but the really touching part has been watching the kids bond with their children.
01-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #32232
Veteran Member

Mrs. Rupert is a lucky girl Jim.
In reality, I don't think she would argue with that.

Cool stuff for certain! Been there myself, long ago. Our youngest son came at 28 weeks....and though he was perfect he was so tiny. Back then they had incubators too and he had great care. He was born one minute after midnight. Our insurance started at midnight, we were so fortunate! I had an inner ear infection and we had gone to my parents house to stay until I got over it because I couldn't walk or drive and was worried about Mrs Rupert, who had been having a difficult pregnancy. My Dad came back from the hospital and told me if I wanted to see my son alive, I needed to go with him right away...the Doc said he wouldn't make it past morning. But in fact, he never had a single complication. He is the son that retired a Lt.Col from the US Army three years ago after 22 years of service........so it all worked out just fine!
Your little buddies will do great too! You can look to many great years of spoiling them ahead!

Well, it is not a good time to pick on Jim, but he needs a little rehab in more ways than just his knee. I'm working on it, but when his little Granddaughter steals his heart, and she will, I won't need to do anything more. You can't stay an old grouch when those little girls work their magic!

Just be careful and let Donna drive for sure! There is no arguing...you are in a tough position, but it will work out. We will nurse you through it! Been there, it is tough, but when it is over you will have a new appreciation for your mobility and life will be brighter than ever in your eyes!

Forgot to post my chop/possum chop dinner the other day....it was so delicious. Mrs Rupert comes home to this kind of meal every night.....damn right she is a lucky girl!
Name:  Chops.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  342.5 KB

Regards!
01-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #32233
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I won't be driving. Mrs p will drive the Wrangler and a friend from here in Rapid will give me a ride home in his Subaru..
I don't think I could take nearly 3 hours in the Wrangler.
01-21-2017, 09:58 AM   #32234
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Jim, I will think of you. I once had ten days of enforced rest at home and it wasn't half bad. I just forced myself to keep saying, "This isn't half bad," and soon enough it was over and I felt better. Be well yourself . . . .

Of course there wasn't a three hour winter drive in South Dakota before I got home.
01-21-2017, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #32235
Veteran Member

"This isn't half bad," and soon enough it was over and I felt better. Be well yourself . . . .
The last time I was laid up for three months actually was not that bad, considering. I was almost totally disabled of leg mobility and spent all my time in my little office shooting out the windows, processing, and on the Forum. Mrs Rupert would come home from work and make me a nice lunch....she also fed the animals...birds and squirrels....early every morning when it was dark and cold out there. I adapted to a routine that truly was...not that bad.

I read an old handwritten letter from a relative many times. It was from the Civil War and he was in Arkansas in the dead of winter. He had been shot in the leg and there was no help for many miles and his outfit was stranded by ice and snow. Cold and hungry, he wrote that he probably wouldn't make it. He didn't.
As I sat here in my fine little office, warm and with hot coffee and plenty to eat,I realized what "it could be worse" really meant.

Wasn't a bad place to be for three months....

Heck, I'm not even confined now and still spend most of my time in here!

Regards!