Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
01-21-2017, 01:55 PM - 1 Like   #32236
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know where you guys go on Saturdays.......Maybe your Mom won't let you go out to play? My Mom not only let me go out and play on Saturdays, she locked the doors so I couldn't get back in!

Bored ....maybe time for a Rupert Story?

I was at Aldis a couple of days ago, I'm there several days a week...you know! Great deals on fine food and a few Chocolate Girlfriends too...but that's not the story ....

I was in the checkout line. Instead of a cart I had just grabbed a few items and held them in my hands......almost dropped the two bottles of wine along with another few items. There was an elderly little "hefty robust" lady (around 85 years of age?) with a full cart just ahead of me and she told me I could go ahead of her. I told her I was in no hurry, just let me put my items on the conveyor belt before I drop them. She obliged and the line moved forward. She had a cart full and her bill was $101.96...that buys a lot at Aldis! As she looked for her pocketbook in her purse, the line had begun to grow.....she dug and dug, and finally found it. But.....she was a cash buyer, no CC or Debit cards, and she couldn't find her cash in the many pockets of her pocketbook. She said "I know I put it in here this morning".....Meanwhile, the lady ( I use that word sloppily) behind me was making loud comments......"Here we go again!"...."I don't have all day!".....finally..."You're too old to be out on your own."

Unlike the Rupert I am, I refrained from turning and slapping the hell out of her, but came close. The cashier....one of my Chocolate Girlfriends was consoling the old lady and not rushing her. I handed the cashier my Debit card and said "Charge it to me, we can sort it out later."

The old lady thanked me profoundly and went over to the sacking area where she continued her search for her cash. She said she has limited cash until her Soc Sec check comes in and is very careful to account for every dollar and its whereabouts. Her granddaughter is visiting her and she spent more than usual to give her some good meals and a treat or two. After a few minutes, while I sacked up my few items...she said "Sir, I'll be right back, I need to go to the restroom."

OK...so maybe I just bought her some groceries? I can live with it, not a problem. I've wasted more on topless dancers many times...a long time ago, of course! (Hey! They gotta eat too!)

She came back as I was about to leave...and handed me two 50s and two ones....told me I could keep the change (4 cents!) She had just remembered that being cautious with her last cash she had stuck it all in her bra! Heck, it was still warm! I thanked her and went on my way, thinking of the two kinds of people in the world.Those with decency, good hearts, and patience....and those without. My sympathy was withthe lady behind me...it must be a pathetic miserable life she leads?

Regards!

Otis says my story limit was surpassed for today and tomorrow.....yep, he is always right! Say a little prayer for Otis......he is in Intensive Care this afternoon......the story is here...bottom of the page.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/314413-post-your-k-1-pictures-443.html

01-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #32237
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I won't be driving. Mrs p will drive the Wrangler and a friend from here in Rapid will give me a ride home in his Subaru..
I don't think I could take nearly 3 hours in the Wrangler.
It is a good friend that will give up 6 hours plus to help out.

Rest well, and best wishes for a full recovery.
01-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #32238
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
"You're too old to be out on your own."

Unlike the Rupert I am, I refrained from turning and slapping the hell out of her, but came close.
At this point I expected you to turn round round and yell that she's too young to be out on her one...
01-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #32239
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
...Forgot to post my chop/possum chop dinner the other day....it was so delicious. Mrs Rupert comes home to this kind of meal every night.....
I did some investigating
is this where your added ingredients come from?

I loved your aldi story

see...you are really a very sweet guy

otis' testimony to the contrary

Last edited by ccc_; 01-02-2018 at 07:29 AM.
01-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #32240
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I won't be driving. Mrs p will drive the Wrangler and a friend from here in Rapid will give me a ride home in his Subaru..
I don't think I could take nearly 3 hours in the Wrangler.

Was going to say safe travels and realized you'd be home, speedy recovery Jim
01-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #32241
Veteran Member

Gonna be a little rough for Jim for a few days, the pain must be pretty bad. My first week was the roughest. Fortunately they have pills for that.

Mrs Rupert advised that we all need to keep him entertained with a few little odd and end gifts from time to time to keep up his spirits and keep him occupied.

Maybe Jim can tell us what kind of things he likes to read, do, or even eat?

Regards!
01-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #32242
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
see...you are really a very sweet guy

otis' testimony to the contrary
Ying and Yang

01-21-2017, 06:41 PM   #32243
Veteran Member

Gonna be a little rough for Jim for a few days, the pain must be pretty bad. My first week was the roughest. Fortunately they have pills for that.

Mrs Rupert advised that we all need to keep him entertained with a few little odd and end gifts from time to time to keep up his spirits and keep him occupied.

Maybe Jim can tell us what kind of things he likes to read, do, or even eat?

Regards!

I remember something about bacon can't mail that from Canada though, it will just be lunch for the customs guys could mail books though
01-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #32244
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I remember something about bacon can't mail that from Canada though, it will just be lunch for the customs guys could mail books though
Are we talking peameal or the other kind of bacon?
01-21-2017, 06:47 PM - 1 Like   #32245
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Are we talking peameal or the other kind of bacon?

Well for sandwiches on its own peameal reigns supreme in Toronto but belt is better with thick cut double smoked., and a full English breakfast demands British bacon (a block from me is a great takeout who cute all their own called rashers ) now I'm hungry

Last edited by eddie1960; 01-23-2017 at 08:03 AM.
01-21-2017, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #32246
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Hopefully he will tell us what he likes...if he is too grouchy, I will call his wife and get the info and share it here. Everyone likes a card once in a while...that would be a good start. I appreciated every card I got when I fell off the roof and busted up my foot...even the one from one of my enemies that said..."You are getting closer, maybe next time!"

Or the one from my sister....

Regards!
01-21-2017, 08:42 PM   #32247
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A Toaster Just For Bacon.

Thought you should know.
01-21-2017, 09:12 PM - 1 Like   #32248
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All of my K3 funding, just kidding, no intention to go that low. (and K1 with 24-something lens) just got spent on this.
Older daughters 2000 Grand Cherokee developed a nasty bottom end knock.
2007 VW Rabbit 2.5 litre with 84k miles.
Bought it locally from a German lady that bought it from someone that moved here from Hawaii. Two owner car, well taken care of.
I hope the local Deer do not take it out... The jeep could handle a deer strike. Not this.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 01-21-2017 at 09:24 PM.
01-21-2017, 09:36 PM   #32249
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Thought you should know.
Yep, I know!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
2007 VW Rabbit 2.5 litre with 84k miles.
Those are neat little cars......not a Jeep but in their way very competitive. Maybe the same engine as my Audi TT?......mine is a turbo and pretty "quick as a rabbit!"

Regards!
01-21-2017, 10:19 PM   #32250
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, I know!

Those are neat little cars......not a Jeep but in their way very competitive. Maybe the same engine as my Audi TT?......mine is a turbo and pretty "quick as a rabbit!"

Regards!
This is non-turbo. Handles like something made for the Autobahn.