Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108808 Likes Search this Thread
02-02-2017, 09:33 AM   #32671
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
SPAM: 1) we all know it isn't really "spiced ham," it is "Spare Parts Any Mammal" 2) a taste for it was largely developed during WWII during which GI's really liked it compared to other canned rations; 3) it became and remains especially popular in Hawaii where it is offered in various forms in some restaurants.
my father and father-in-law fought at opposite ends of the world but both loved spam when fried to a salty, crunchy perfection
usually served on wonder bread with miracle whip not mayo
there were no real ingredients in that meal...just question marks

---------- Post added 02-02-17 at 10:43 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
A guy at Costco yesterday was loading what looked like about 30 one gallon jugs of milk into the bed of his truck.
Maybe he thought they said milk shortage, not bacon shortage?
milk is as much as a buck and half cheaper across all grades at Costco
and it lasts longer than most local retailers' products

I notice that several ethnic eateries buy their ingredients in bulk there, as well
hard to imagine Costco would be cheaper than a wholesaler...but there it is

02-02-2017, 09:43 AM   #32672
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
No wonder there's a shortage...
Costco hasn't invaded Norway yet?
02-02-2017, 09:56 AM   #32673
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

A guy at Costco yesterday was loading what looked like about 30 one gallon jugs of milk into the bed of his truck.
Maybe he thought they said milk shortage, not bacon shortage?
I asked him if it wouldn't be cheaper to just buy a cow.
Maybe he was this guy?

Milk Does A Body Good < < < < < Warning! (Might not be) NSFW!
02-02-2017, 10:08 AM   #32674
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
SPAM: 1) we all know it isn't really "spiced ham," it is "Spare Parts Any Mammal" 2) a taste for it was largely developed during WWII during which GI's really liked it compared to other canned rations; 3) it became and remains especially popular in Hawaii where it is offered in various forms in some restaurants.
Spam is the Tasty Leatherneck Treat!

Semper Fi

02-02-2017, 10:41 AM - 2 Likes   #32675
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Costco hasn't invaded Norway yet?
Nope. And we have no shortage of bacon.

Coincidence? Well...
02-02-2017, 11:42 AM - 1 Like   #32676
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Milk was $1.29 a gallon at Aldis yesterday. Got some Aldi hot dogs (.79 cents) and a can of Aldi delicious chili...no beans...($1.09) and some buns (.69 cents) a one pound bag of shredded cheddar ($2.99) and had a great meal last night. Washed it down with the milk, then finished off a bottle of Winking Owl Aldi California Merlot wine ($2.89) and used the last few drops to shine my shoes!

Gotta love Aldis!

@Racer ...Otis says..."If those milk ladies are not safe for work you need to get another job!"

After he uses his skin tone colored pencils on them...then they will be NSFW!

Regards!
02-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #32677
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

SPAM: GOOGLE "Hawaiian SPAM recipes" and learn about Musubi and army-base stew.

02-02-2017, 12:17 PM   #32678
Veteran Member

Since bacon is out, at least until the shortage crisis ends....how about some coffee talk? That should open some sleepy eyes to conversation!

I'm lazy as hell...you guys probably wouldn't think that, but sadly it is a fact of life. I have all kinds of coffee machines, presses, and other gizmos for "superb" coffee making. I also have some of the worlds best coffees...a friend regularly sends me several blends of coffee from his home in Hawaii. What's the Best Hawaiian Coffee? - Coffee Review

But....the microwave is so fast...and handy..so this is what I drink most often. When I was still plumbing I worked for most every illegal Mexican family in the county. They knew nothing about plumbing it was a total mystery to them.....never having had any from where they came. I noticed they all seemed to drink the same coffee, so I got some and tried it. Smooth, wonderful aroma, dark and rich......and fast as lightning to make!

So what do you drink?

Regards!

(Shot with my new Tammy 17-50 2.8 - ($299. at Aldis).....not really!)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-02-2017, 12:31 PM   #32679
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Since bacon is out, at least until the shortage crisis ends....how about some coffee talk? That should open some sleepy eyes to conversation!

I'm lazy as hell...you guys probably wouldn't think that, but sadly it is a fact of life. I have all kinds of coffee machines, presses, and other gizmos for "superb" coffee making. I also have some of the worlds best coffees...a friend regularly sends me several blends of coffee from his home in Hawaii. What's the Best Hawaiian Coffee? - Coffee Review

But....the microwave is so fast...and handy..so this is what I drink most often. When I was still plumbing I worked for most every illegal Mexican family in the county. They knew nothing about plumbing it was a total mystery to them.....never having had any from where they came. I noticed they all seemed to drink the same coffee, so I got some and tried it. Smooth, wonderful aroma, dark and rich......and fast as lightning to make!

So what do you drink?

Regards!

I'm more an Espresso guy for Coffee, i have this on my work desk and the same machine at home

mmmmthink i'll partake now thanks for drawing my attention to the caffeine deficit round here

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2017 at 14:33 ----------

I no longer drink alcohol but for those of you who do here's some contributions

02-02-2017, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #32680
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I no longer drink alcohol but for those of you who do here's some contributions
I don't much either...but if you will send me those I will do my best to start up again!

I like expresso a lot....but the instant is just so fast and easy. If I use a heaping tablespoon, it is almost as good!

Regards!
02-02-2017, 12:42 PM   #32681
Veteran Member

I don't much either...but if you will send me those I will do my best to start up again!

I like expresso a lot....but the instant is just so fast and easy. If I use a heaping tablespoon, it is almost as good!

Regards!

I always have a line up of volunteers but they are for sale on the bars at work (because you need alcohol in a fitness club good for recovery, or the guilt needed to get you working out )
02-02-2017, 12:48 PM   #32682
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

So what do you drink?

Regards!

it and taster's choice are supposed to be the same stuff...true???

when it is fresh it kinda resembles coffee

there was a time when we ate a couple spoonfuls of that stuff so as not to need a whizz break and attract attention to ourselves...nice little rush
02-02-2017, 12:52 PM   #32683
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
when it is fresh it kinda resembles coffee
That's close enough at 6AM. One minute in the micro and you get "instant" relief.....Mrs Rupert even "brews" it for me...says it compensates for the hours I spend preparing her evening meals.

Regards!
02-02-2017, 01:30 PM   #32684
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm supposed to either drink no coffee at all, or only decaff, but I drink WIDWP. I like 100% Kona which can only be obtained on order from Hawaii, but it's a once or twice a year purchase. I found a flavor called "Highlander grog" which is available in regular or decaff, so I get the decaff and it is about the best no-octane coffee I've found. 100% Columbian in several different brands, or Breakfast Blend from the local super market is OK. I bought a small amount of Turkish coffee at the Grand Bazaar when we were in Istanbul, a package for my son and one for me. It was special, very "full bodied." Wish I had brought home several pounds of it.
02-02-2017, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #32685
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Velveeta, and now instant "coffee"?

Where's that Ratol dip when you need it??

Just add water