Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #3346

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
My Dad was/is a Buick man and I learned to drive in a 1966 Buick Wildcat GS...
Very cool cars.

BTW...I was shooting Ricoh back in those days
Me too.

01-14-2014, 06:29 PM   #3347

I grew up in Bothell, . . . . .
That area has really changed. And the surrounding area too. Thrasher's Corner isn't even the same now, the Bothell-Everett highway is one big taffic jam all the time, and then there is that new "city", Mill Creek where all the out of staters moved in . . . . . . . .

I kept moving further away, and now have acreage in the foothills of the Cascades between Arlington and Granite Falls on the South Fork of the Stilly.

Paradise is bliss.

And maybe reason enough to get a K3.

Even.

If.

It.

Says.

RICOH.

On.

The.

Back.
01-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #3348
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Closest I had to a cool car was a 72 Super Beetle. Red with with large tires and sport rims. Actually quite quick for what it was! But the total lack of heat in the winter was a real pain!!

A family friend lets us borrow his Z-3 and we can tear up the town in it with the top down! A real cool summer car!! It's customized with lowered suspension and some other mods to make it freaky fast!! Drove a whole block sideways in it once!! My wife is the better driver by the way!! Or maybe it's just more fun to sit and watch!!
01-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #3349
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Closest I had to a cool car was a 72 Super Beetle. Red with with large tires and sport rims. Actually quite quick for what it was! But the total lack of heat in the winter was a real pain!!
There was a gasoline heater available. One of the guys I worked with in Alaska had one in his. Even at -40 it could get the interior so hot that you wanted to roll the windows down.

01-14-2014, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #3350
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
There was a gasoline heater available. One of the guys I worked with in Alaska had one in his. Even at -40 it could get the interior so hot that you wanted to roll the windows down.
I had one of those, you could only keep it on for a few minutes. In my VW Campervan which also had one it was barely enough to keep you warm in Autumn weather. It was all about the amount of air it had to heat.

And Grey Jays like cheese, taken with my K-3 , which I won't buy because I already did.

01-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #3351
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My husband drives a 2010 Lancer Evo SE. Cobalt blue. He scares me. And there's NO way in Hell that our son is going to drive it. Absolutely not!
01-14-2014, 07:34 PM   #3352
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I grew up in Bothell
HI,
I almost spayed my coffee over the keyboard...
I do speed reading and when I read this it came out as "I grew up in a brothel".
(Suffice to say I had never heard of this place Bothell)

Greetings
01-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #3353
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
My husband drives a 2010 Lancer Evo SE. Cobalt blue. He scares me. And there's NO way in Hell that our son is going to drive it. Absolutely not!
Get him a Fiat. That aught to fix any desire to show off!! And it will do double duty in driving off potential dates!!(pardon the pun). Don't do Smart car unless you want to put out for his therapy for the next 5 years!! Also I would suggest minivan but...NO!

01-14-2014, 10:12 PM   #3354
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
I do speed reading and when I read this it came out as "I grew up in a brothel".
(Suffice to say I had never heard of this place Bothell)
Just north of Redmond, Washington...home of Microsoft. There may have been brothels in Bothell but the Bothell brothels were not part of my story.

Steve
01-14-2014, 11:26 PM   #3355
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
... And Grey Jays like cheese, taken with my K-3 , which I won't buy because I already did.
Nice one ... despite the body which was used J
01-14-2014, 11:43 PM   #3356
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Do you ever wish you still had any of those cars?
Yes Racer, I do sometimes ... I had a decent photo album of the various projects, both finished and in-progress ... lost it a move somehow. I really like it when someone posts a "muscle" car expo series that they took ... once a "gearhead", always a "gearhead".

PS - My best friend has my old jam-packed Snap-on tool box with jacks/stands and etc. ... kind of a permanent loan while I have been in France. Among his current toy(s), the best one IMHO, is a Sunbeam Tiger ... he also had a Jensen Interceptor for awhile.

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 01-15-2014 at 03:02 AM.
01-15-2014, 12:04 AM   #3357
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bothell but the Bothell brothels were not part of my story.
Glad to hear.

(Just to clarify, no accusations were intended by the way. Just burst out laughing when I realised my reading error.)
01-15-2014, 01:26 AM   #3358
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Get him a Fiat. That aught to fix any desire to show off!! And it will do double duty in driving off potential dates!!(pardon the pun). Don't do Smart car unless you want to put out for his therapy for the next 5 years!! Also I would suggest minivan but...NO!
I've been thinking of looking around for an old VW Thing, but that might just be retro enough to be "cool"!
01-15-2014, 04:32 AM   #3359
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I've been thinking of looking around for an old VW Thing, but that might just be retro enough to be "cool"!
What you want is well armored! So get him a Saab. Known as the Swedish tank! It has forged aluminum reinforcements all around and a roof designed as a roll cage! You can roll the car on it's top and it won't crush!!
Here is my son's baby:

Posted this pano before but hey it's funny!!
01-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #3360
Veteran Member

At 3390 posts or thereabout we will overtake the Lets share shots with the Q-thread
(https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/172196-lets-share-shots-q.html).
Wonder who will do the deed!