Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108806 Likes Search this Thread
03-03-2017, 08:50 PM   #33751
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Nope... 'cus bagpipes are good!
That's not what I have been reading on this thread Robert. Only 1 poster thinks that !!!

03-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #33752
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Well, what is it and where do you get it?
Well that scout troop I was blabbing about earlier used to meet in the basement of a church in Oak Harbor, Washington. In a garden next door, at the rectory, thee was a clump of the stuff. We would cut a stalk off with our trusty Boy Scout knives, and eat it like celery.

Many years later, my mom had a clump of it growing in her garden. I tried to eat like I did as a kid, but no joy. Not to worry though, mom made a great strawberry rhubarb pie, and we had homemade whipped cream from the cream skimmed from that morning's fresh cow's milk.

So get some and plant it in your garden Jim, you'll then be able to enjoy some rhubarb goodness of your very own!
03-03-2017, 08:54 PM   #33753
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh, yeah, and read the Wiki about rhubarb.

Rhubarb - Wikipedia
03-03-2017, 09:23 PM   #33754
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
We used to eat mulberries when I was a kid, very delicious. Our Moms all told us they had bird lice in them and caused worms.....we ate them anyhow! Ever eaten mulberries?
We had a tree. I practically lived in the Mulberry tree! And, I was a popular kid during the silkworm collecting phase that kids go through.

03-03-2017, 09:25 PM   #33755
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
hanks for the heads up Rupert. So if I just remember " Otis good " everything else " bad," I should do OK?
Yep, that's all you really need to know. As for the bagpipes....that's a multiple choice question.

Bagpipes are:

A) A menace to mankind
B) A sound you can never forget, but wish you could.
C)What squirrels use to scare away hawks and other predators.

You can't go wrong on any of these!

Regards!

---------- Post added 03-03-17 at 10:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
We had a tree. I practically lived in the Mulberry tree! And, I was a popular kid during the silkworm collecting phase that kids go through.
Oh yeah! I forgot all about the silkworms! Now I recall, we let Jimmy Rohr join our club if he would eat a dozen silkworms from the Mulberry tree. He did, but was later expelled for puking them up!
03-03-2017, 11:19 PM   #33756
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
There was a wikipedia article for this thread (I wrote it...) but it got deleted the next day...
Might help you review for the test...?

Archive:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WIWBAK3
That was because not enough of you went to Wikipedia to defend the article for its original source of internet interaction research data value.

---------- Post added 03-04-17 at 04:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I had a tree when I was back in Australia. Planted it and after about 7 or 8 years had never got fruit so on ANZAC day 2012 or 2013 I got out the chainsaw and cut it down and grubbed it out. The wood was further supplies for my fireplace.
03-04-2017, 06:19 AM - 2 Likes   #33757
Veteran Member

but not knowing what I am talking about has never stopped me from talking !!
That is one of the requirements here.

03-04-2017, 07:29 AM - 1 Like   #33758
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Well, he did have to marry a French girl, and move to France, so he could get a law degree or something like that. So maybe not.

But hey, he's got a great wife, and some lovely daughters.

I think he made out alright.
Merci Racer, mon ami ...

I needed a pick-me-up like that ... complicated times at the moment, and thankfully no health issues for anyone ...

And just FYI, I got my JD/MBA at OU before I came here ... and Rupert, I sincerely hope that you are not a fan of burnt orange ...

03-04-2017, 08:22 AM - 5 Likes   #33759
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Did you know that the sound of bagpipes can shatter glass? Mostly hard-thrown beer bottles.
03-04-2017, 09:05 AM   #33760
Veteran Member

Apple pie for breakfast today?
Damn straight!
Mrs Bob had her 25th anniversary party at work yesterday and was given a choice of a luncheon or pie and ice cream for her department, she went with the latter.
She brought four remaining pies and several cups of Ted Drewes custard ice cream (recently voted the best ice cream in the world) home.
25 more working days and she's out of there!
03-04-2017, 09:49 AM   #33761
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I had a tree when I was back in Australia. Planted it and after about 7 or 8 years had never got fruit so on ANZAC day 2012 or 2013 I got out the chainsaw and cut it down and grubbed it out. The wood was further supplies for my fireplace.
It was a fruitless mulberry tree...very popular around here. Fast growing and no fruit to attract flies, lice, and kids like me and my little buddies way back then.

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Did you know that the sound of bagpipes can shatter glass? Mostly hard-thrown beer bottles.

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
25 more working days and she's out of there!
Congratulations to your wife! Just 9 1/2 more years for Mrs Rupert! She's starting to get excited! She had moved it up to April, but is now talking her birthday in late July again....I've heard that for years. In July it is so close to that big Christmas bonus....then on Jan 1st the big dump of cash on her retirement fund....and then it starts all over again...

Regards!
03-04-2017, 12:48 PM   #33762
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
And just FYI, I got my JD/MBA at OU before I came here ... and Rupert, I sincerely hope that you are not a fan of burnt orange ...
Did the Burnt Orange have a football team last season? If so, I must have missed it....I think everyone missed it!

I come from an Aggie family, no fans of T-sippers. My son, retired Lt Col US Army is at A&M San Antonio (a beautiful new campus!...fastest growing in Texas) working on his Doctors in Psychology. He plans on assisting veterans with PTSD. The Army has paid all his tuition and other expenses the past three years as he got his Masters.....including his considerable house payment. There are some benefits to serving your nation...if you survive the 22 years of duty to get there. Eighteen of those 22 years were spent overseas, most in Europe. Those in Afghanistan were the worst ...damn near got blown to bits a few times. The Gulf War was a cakewalk in comparison.......I'm rambling far off the topic......which is will the Burnt Orange come roaring back this year. Are you kidding? Not even close!

Regards!
03-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #33763
Veteran Member

Hmm no weigh in from VoR well I will week one water weight loss (always the most rewarding week when losing weight) 221.4 lbs down 6.3 from my initial weight
He challenge really starts now
03-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #33764
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Hmm no weigh in from VoR well I will week one water weight loss (always the most rewarding week when losing weight) 221.4 lbs down 6.3 from my initial weight
He challenge really starts now
I'm down 3lbs, from 195 to 192.

Film at 11.
03-04-2017, 04:20 PM - 1 Like   #33765
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the heads up Rupert. So if I just remember " Otis good " everything else " bad," I should do OK?
Do you like BACON...