Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I'm down 3lbs, from 195 to 192.

Film at 11.
Well done.

03-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #33767
Veteran Member

why I won't buy a k3 (Warning: Satire Thread)

I'm down 3lbs, from 195 to 192.

Film at 11.

Well done, I can only dream of such a weight maybe by July

---------- Post added 4th Mar 2017 at 18:33 ----------

Steak and Caesar salad n midnight madness kung fu films at the theater (shogun assasins a true classic that inspired quentin TARANTINO.
03-04-2017, 04:38 PM - 3 Likes   #33768
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Well done.
medium rare for me please.

With a plethora of pie and ice cream in the house, I'm picking up the weight these guys are losing.
03-04-2017, 04:39 PM - 1 Like   #33769
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Well done, I can only dream of such a weight maybe by July

---------- Post added 4th Mar 2017 at 18:33 ----------

Steak and Caesar salad n midnight madness kung fu films at the theater (shogun assasins a true classic that inspired quentin TARANTINO.
2 1/2 years ago I weighed in at 240.

Been as low as 180 last November. But 3 months with a foot in a cast has been unkind. Sitting on my butt makes it tough to burn the few calories I do take in. Now that I have graduated from the cast boot to real shoes things should come back around.

03-04-2017, 04:44 PM   #33770
Veteran Member

2 1/2 years ago I weighed in at 240.

Been as low as 180 last November. But 3 months with a foot in a cast has been unkind. Sitting on my butt makes it tough to burn the few calories I do take in. Now that I have graduated from the cast boot to real shoes things should come back around.

Bacon diet, I was on a low carb diet so I just ate tons of bacon.......only worked for a brief period though before it began reversing itself
03-04-2017, 05:54 PM   #33771
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Bacon diet, I was on a low carb diet so I just ate tons of bacon.......only worked for a brief period though before it began reversing itself
Many years ago I tried the Atkins Diet. I lost 5lbs. Period. I tried further reducing caloric intake and increasing activity. 5lbs was it. No more. No less.

Eventually I tired of the steaks and bacon, and returned to a well balanced diet.

Gained the 5lbs back and more. I think back in those days I was running 160 to 180.

But that was about 18 years ago, and many miles and meals have passed.
03-04-2017, 06:33 PM   #33772
Veteran Member

Many years ago I tried the Atkins Diet. I lost 5lbs. Period. I tried further reducing caloric intake and increasing activity. 5lbs was it. No more. No less.

Eventually I tired of the steaks and bacon, and returned to a well balanced diet.

Gained the 5lbs back and more. I think back in those days I was running 160 to 180.

But that was about 18 years ago, and many miles and meals have passed.

I actually did shed about 25, then changed to something more balanced . I did gain it back I keep saying this time it stays off but something always derails me. Best laid plans and all

03-04-2017, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #33773
Veteran Member

03-04-2017, 08:32 PM   #33774
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Do you like BACON...
Only if it is crispy and delicious !!!
03-05-2017, 05:56 AM - 1 Like   #33775
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

DIET = "DIE" with a "T." Whoever invented them will be second against the wall when the revolution comes (politicians first). I've been through it too many times:
1) When I was a little kid I was vert skinny, my parents always encouraging me to eat more;
2) They had my tonsils out, and my appetite went out of control. By the time I was 18 I weighed almost 230.
3) Started trying to lose weight when I graduated from HS, then went to college and had to cook for myself on totally inadequate funds my father sent (he thought $10 a week was plenty to live on), so during my first semester I dropped from about 200 to below 160lb, and I looked awful. When I came home @ Christmas my mother was so shocked she was reluctant to let me go back.
4) Joined a frat house and started regaining, back up to 195 (yet another new set of shorts and trousers).
5) When M and I got engaged, she started cooking for me. She had selected a tight-fitting wedding dress and did not want to gain an ounce, so she cooked a limited amount, then divided it equally between us. She did not gain an ounce, but I lost 40 lb. Her dress fit perfectly, I had to take almost a three-inch tuck in my trousers to keep them up.
6) After marriage my weight drifted up over 185.
7) Started jogging regularly and drove it down to the low 160's
8) Started eating a a bit more and it went up maybe ten pounds
9) got advanced prostate cancer and my weight dropped below 155, the lowest point of my adult life. Technically, it's what the charts say I'm supposed to weigh, but I looked and felt terrible.
10) Subsequently my weight has gone up to about 170-172 where it has been stable for about seven years. It's about 15lb more than what all the charts say I should weigh, but I feel good, nobody says I look a bit overweight (to may face), so I plan to make that the weight that will go into the crematorium.

Last edited by WPRESTO; 03-05-2017 at 10:43 AM.
03-05-2017, 06:14 AM   #33776
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
DIET = "DIE" with a "T." Whoever invented them will be second against the wall when the revolution comes (politicians first). I've been through it too many times:
1) When I was a little kid I was vert skinny, my parents always encouraging me to eat more;
2) They had my tonsils out, and my appetite went out of control. By the time I was 18 I weighed almost 230.
3) Started trying to lose weight when I graduated from HS, then when to college and had to cook for myself on totally inadequate funds my father sent (he thought $10 a week was plenty to live on), so during my first semester I dropped from about 200 to below 160lb, and I looked awful. When I came home @ Christmas my mother was so shocked she was reluctant to let me go back.
4) Joined a frat house and started regaining, back up to 195 (yet another new set of shorts and trousers).
5) When M and I got engaged, she started cooking for me. She had selected a tight-fitting wedding dress and did not want to gain an ounce, so she cooked a limited amount, then divided it equally between us. She did not gain an ounce, but I lost 40 lb. Her dress fit perfectly, I had to take almost a three-inch tuck in my trousers to keep them up.
6) After marriage my weight drifted up over 185.
7) Started jogging regularly and drove it down to the low 160's
8) Started eating a a bit more and it went up maybe ten pounds
9) got advanced prostate cancer and my weight dropped below 155, the lowest point of my adult life. Technically, it's what the charts say I'm supposed to weigh, but I looked and felt terrible.
10) Subsequently my weight has gone up to about 170-172 where it has been stable for about seven years. It's about 15lb more than what all the charts say I should weigh, but I feel good, nobody says I look a bit overweight (to may face), so I plan to make that the weight that will go into the crematorium.

Most of my life I was 175-185 which is maybe 10 lbs more than charts say. I've been as low as 129 (not a good point) and as high as 232 a few weeks ago. Current weight is just way to high, no doctors saying lose etc but I don't feel as healthy, I'm sure part of the time my Achilles has taken to heal is the extra weight. I'd love to hit the 165 I weighed when I skied for a living, but I'll be happy to get back to where I was most of my life (without taking up smoking and a high stress job where I eat poorly and work too much.....been there done that)
03-05-2017, 07:50 AM - 1 Like   #33777
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Eventually I tired of the steaks and bacon
Well, when you tire of steak and bacon, it's pretty much all over. Next comes beer, looking at pretty girls, craving neat cars and trucks. Next comes dreaming of buying a K3......it's all downhill.

Mrs Rupert treated me to lunch at Applebees yesterday. Not half bad. If you want a really good steak in Texas you need to go to a trusted steakhouse. Places like Applebees, Chilis, and Montanas have decent food, but not outstanding.

Green beans with cheddar sauce, potatoes and bacon with cheddar sauce, 8 oz sirloin steak. Not a bad meal @ 2 for $20.
Came with an artichoke/spinach appetizer....pretty good ...it was!

All my excess weight is in my belly...what's up with that? The rest of me is trim and slim. I blame various medications, hormone changes with age, and not enough exercise. Whatever the cause, it seems impossible to remedy.

Regards!
03-05-2017, 08:12 AM - 2 Likes   #33778
Pentaxian

Belly fat

Jim,
you are doing just fine. Just look at old white tail bucks. They all have sagging bellies. That is one way to tell their age. This stuff just happens. You and I are just old bucks. Just don't mess with us as we have big racks.

Steve
03-05-2017, 08:23 AM   #33779
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
All my excess weight is in my belly...what's up with that? The rest of me is trim and slim. I blame various medications, hormone changes with age, and not enough exercise.
Waist for me too, but also................uh, lets say my chest.
I'd be totally embarrassed to be seen without a shirt.
I know I have low T, was using Androgel for a couple of years before prostate cancer was found, my urologist took me off of it and seemed to think it contributed to me getting the cancer.
At least I still have a deep male voice, and no desire to arrange flowers or go shopping.
03-05-2017, 12:36 PM - 1 Like   #33780
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Well, when you tire of steak and bacon, it's pretty much all over. Next comes beer, looking at pretty girls, craving neat cars and trucks. Next comes dreaming of buying a K3......it's all downhill.
Until you think bagpipes sound bad... at that point life is over