Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108794 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2017, 07:22 PM   #34021
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It happened...at Cotton Patch..tonight, and it was delicious!

Mrs Rupert was looking pretty nice too.....but hungry!

I got to see a video of my colonoscopy thingy...it was pretty neat! You get one Mark?

Regards!

Forgot to mention...Mrs Rupert stole my fried okra and there was such a fuss over it the waitress came and made her give it back. I felt bad about the disturbance, and ordered her some all for herself. I'm a good guy!

03-11-2017, 07:40 PM   #34022
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
It happened...at Cotton Patch..tonight, and it was delicious!

Mrs Rupert was looking pretty nice too.....but hungry!

I got to see a video of my colonoscopy thingy...it was pretty neat! You get one Mark?

Regards!

Forgot to mention...Mrs Rupert stole my fried okra and there was such a fuss over it the waitress came and made her give it back. I felt bad about the disturbance, and ordered her some all for herself. I'm a good guy!
I got to watch it live. (The colonoscopy, not Mrs Rupert stealing your fried okra.)
03-11-2017, 07:41 PM   #34023
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As for the broccoli on your plate: With all the other food choices out there - How could you????
03-11-2017, 08:20 PM   #34024
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
As for the broccoli on your plate: With all the other food choices out there - How could you????
In my mind it totally offsets all that Chicken Fried Steak and gravy. The Rupert mind works in mysterious...and beneficial ways!

BTW- When I tried to get my okra back, Mrs Rupert threatened to "slap me silly" and I threatened to dial 911. The people at the next table were horrified that they might get involved and vacated their place until the waitress came and made her give it back.
Lookin' back, I was damn lucky to survive the okra theft incident.

Regards!

03-11-2017, 08:57 PM   #34025
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You shouda taken Otis with you. He would have reminded you that chicken is a vegetable and therefore you did not need the other vegetables.
03-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #34026
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That comparison is terribly unfair to bagpipes.
There's no "musical instrument"*, with the possible exception of a concertina, more vile sounding than an accordion.

*I realize that referring to an accordion or concertina as a musical instrument is a VERY liberal use of the term.

If, on a "pleasing to the ear" scale of 0 to 10, pianos, flutes, guitars and brass are 10 and an air raid siren is 0, accordions are -1.
Well there is the office fire alarm. Some sadist downstairs waits till it is raining before they turn it on, so we all need to go outside and wait in the rain. Also gets triggered by tradies burning toast.

---------- Post added 03-12-17 at 04:47 PM ----------

You shouda taken Otis with you. He would have reminded you that chicken is a vegetable and therefore you did not need the other vegetables.
Good, I see another believer in "processed grass" as the name of formerly self-propelled food for vegetarians.
03-12-2017, 01:36 AM   #34027
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Well there is the office fire alarm. Some sadist downstairs waits till it is raining before they turn it on, so we all need to go outside and wait in the rain. Also gets triggered by tradies burning toast.

---------- Post added 03-12-17 at 04:47 PM ----------

Good, I see another believer in "processed grass" as the name of formerly self-propelled food for vegetarians.
I'm from a part of South Africa where we refer to chicken in context of "chicken, pork and other vegetables".

I am, strangely, now reminded of my good and brilliantly gifted and interesting friend, Ray Stroud, sadly now deceased, who used to say: "Cat - The other white meat."

03-12-2017, 02:32 AM   #34028
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I could post copies of the photos here but some may find them a bit graphic.
I thought you did already. Seems to me it did cause a bit of a dust up, not for me, but some of the more squeamish among us. I mean, I don't go out of my way to view that sort of thing, but I am certainly no stranger to the ins and outs of living.

And who would I be to say anything? Look at all the pictures I put up of my feet. Stitches and all.
03-12-2017, 02:45 AM - 1 Like   #34029
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I thought you did already.
Only in the mod forum! Lest I get myself in trouble!
03-12-2017, 03:28 AM   #34030
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
This can't be serious.

03-12-2017, 03:56 AM - 2 Likes   #34031
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
This can't be serious.

Pentax Sensor Cleaning - YouTube
I seem to recall advice like that got a certain member in trouble on a different forum!?!
Rupert? Any comment on that? LOL
03-12-2017, 04:15 AM   #34032
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mark,
Here in the USA chicken fried steak is beef, and chicken fried chicken is chicken, not to be confused with fried chicken.

edit to add, instead of broccoli, I would have had smashed potatoes with gravy.

Last edited by robtcorl; 03-12-2017 at 04:33 AM.
03-12-2017, 06:15 AM   #34033
Veteran Member

Ray Stroud, sadly now deceased, who used to say: "Cat - The other white meat."
We are much more sophisticated here in Texas with our white meats...

I seem to recall advice like that got a certain member in trouble on a different forum!?!
Rupert? Any comment on that? LOL
I still think the only idiots in that episode were the guy that used that car wash magic wand on his sensor and the jerk that banned me for advising the idiot to do it. It did have a benefit for future idiots....I refrained from advising them to clean their sensor with a Brillo pad.......but I still wanted to.

Regards!
03-12-2017, 06:50 AM   #34034
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Mark,
Here in the USA chicken fried steak is beef, and chicken fried chicken is chicken, not to be confused with fried chicken.

edit to add, instead of broccoli, I would have had smashed potatoes with gravy.
chicken fried chicken
chicken fried steak

in a small café of the southwest corner of your state the steak was pork...very good pork at that

but I thought we ate chicken fried anything for the glorious breading and the subtle flavor of hot grease
03-12-2017, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #34035
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
but I thought we ate chicken fried anything for the glorious breading and the subtle flavor of hot grease
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »