Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2017, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #34351
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Just don't shoplift and pull a gun on the store guard.
Police ID shoplifter fatally shot by Aldi guard Saturday night

Made my blueberry cream pie yesterday and got the baking mix, cream, eggs, and blueberries at Aldi.

Unbelievable, doing something silly enough to get shot for at the local supermarket.

---------- Post added 03-22-17 at 06:33 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
My problem is all in my belly....nowhere else. I want to ask my Doc about it, but I fear I may be pregnant....when I can see over my belly, it appears a tiny wrinkled trunk is hanging out......?

I know you are a busy man, that Weber demands constant attention, but take a few moments between grilling duties and PM me that recipe.

You "Can't fix stupid"...but an Aldi Guard can! Another reason to shop Aldis!

Regards!

Quotes are not showing up on my screen? Yours too?..... or is it the damn squirrels again playing with my browser?

They should be happy this morning...sap is flowing like a river!

"Oh Happy Day! The sap is flowing from heaven again!"

I am seeing quotes. I wonder if there is something funny happening at the new server and that was what caught me out.

---------- Post added 03-22-17 at 06:37 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Good morning everyone. Just got up, sitthing here enjoying my morning coffee, catching up on all that has happened in the world of Pentax since yesterday.

Yawn.

Racer, that picture looks like someone I know.

03-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #34352
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I am seeing quotes. I wonder if there is something funny happening at the new serv
Naw....It was my browser acting up. Damn squirrel got caught up in the cookies lookin' for something sweet to eat and jammed the whole damn thing. Once I cleared the cookies....and the squirrel.....all was fine!

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Unbelievable, doing something silly enough to get shot for at the local supermarket.
I'm going to be more careful about sampling the grapes.....

Regards!
03-21-2017, 01:37 PM   #34353
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Naw....It was my browser acting up. Damn squirrel got caught up in the cookies lookin' for something sweet to eat and jammed the whole damn thing. Once I cleared the cookies....and the squirrel.....all was fine!

I'm going to be more careful about sampling the grapes.....

Regards!

Yes, be careful. Act in a manner befitting a full colonel rather than a squirrel.
03-21-2017, 03:33 PM - 1 Like   #34354
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Wanting to test out things for more astrophotography, and yet here is the forecast. I am beginning to wonder if a certain moderator from a certain place that is known for being cloudy and wet somehow convinced someone to send their weather here.
That looks about normal for an astrophotography project.

03-21-2017, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #34355
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wanting to test out things for more astrophotography, and yet here is the forecast. I am beginning to wonder if a certain moderator from a certain place that is known for being cloudy and wet somehow convinced someone to send their weather here.
Not me! It is not called Aotearoa, the "Land of the long white cloud" for nothing!
03-21-2017, 05:23 PM   #34356
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, gin, hair, igunaq, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
... and BAGPIPES
03-21-2017, 05:24 PM   #34357
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Then eat. It might be a little spicy for some, so you can cut down on the jalapenos and habaneros, and cut the pepper powders in half, but if you do so you are weak and unmanly.
Nothing unmanly here and I can take a lot of heat and love it...but those 'roids scream bloody murder......literally!

Sounds like a great recipe, and I'd love to come try some when you make it. Meanwhile I'll just stick with Aldi chili in a can ($1.29) and try to be semi-satisfied. Mrs Rupert can't even eat it...too spicy for her, so I seldom attempt to make chili.

I had a friend that had 3-4 trophies for his goat chili won at the world famous Terlingua Chili Cookoff.

Watch the drone video...very good! That is on the edge of Big Bend, my favorite place to find relief from the world.
Chili, Original Terlingua International Championship Chili Cookoff

He made some of the best chili I have ever eaten. Goat is excellent meat and he knew just how to cook it in a variety of ways.

Regards!
03-21-2017, 05:34 PM - 1 Like   #34358
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've never been to a chili cook off, but I went to a menudo cook off in Burkburnett once.

03-21-2017, 05:41 PM   #34359

03-21-2017, 06:02 PM - 1 Like   #34360
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I've never been to a chili cook off, but I went to a menudo cook off in Burkburnett once.
Lots of various cookoffs in Texas. Always a good time and lots of free samples. I've been to a few, but never to the Terlingua cookoff. Some of the best BBQ can be found at roadside smokers. It will either be superb or pathetic.....if you get the right one you will not forget it.

Still thinking of how I might get you some ribs from the Butcherman....he has a way with ribs. I need to get a few more pounds off and get me some.....I haven't eaten any of his ribs in a long time.

Mrs Rupert wants us to go to Llano soon to eat at Coopers BBQ...best in Texas! They also have the best cobbler on earth.
Pecan cobbler is just plain heavenly!

Don't ask her to share her cobbler!

Those big pork chops hit my hot spot!

Nice scenic area too doesn't hurt when visiting Llano!

Of course, it is possible to go too often.....

Regards!

...Relax Racer! It's Fake News! Moms spread it so they can have it all for themselves!
03-21-2017, 06:20 PM - 1 Like   #34361

03-21-2017, 07:20 PM   #34362
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
....a menudo cook off in Burkburnett....
I had to google that!
03-21-2017, 07:43 PM   #34363
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's quite yummy.
03-21-2017, 07:43 PM   #34364
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I had to google that!
I'm no fan, but it is a very popular dish here. Lots of Mexicans in Texas and it is one of their favorite dishes. I stick to Chicken Fried Steaks!

Won't be around much tomorrow......Mrs Rupert is drinking the vile brew tonight prior to her colon thingy tomorrow. Better her than me....I had mine a few years ago, and don't expect to do another one.

I was telling Otis about it and explaining it to him since I won't be handy to replenish his feed until late tomorrow. His take on it all was..."You people are sick, even when you aren't sick." Yep, he may be right again...

Regards!
03-21-2017, 07:54 PM   #34365

Burkburnett, Texas. Population 10,811. Land area 9.5 square miles. Population density 1,138 people per square mile.

Too dense for me.

Give me some elbow room.