Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
03-25-2017, 02:07 PM - 2 Likes   #34561
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
This time I won't try to snatch Mrs Rupert's pecan cobbler
Jim, if there's one principle that has got me through life relatively unscathed, it's this: Never, *ever* lay your hands on a woman's cobbler without asking first.

03-25-2017, 02:24 PM - 2 Likes   #34562
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rupert and your posts are even funnier when you start to mix the words up, Mike!
03-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #34563
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Rupert and your posts are even funnier when you start to mix the words up, Mike!
LOL! Yeah, I was tempted, but... no...
03-25-2017, 02:47 PM - 1 Like   #34564
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Jim, if there's one principle that has got me through life relatively unscathed, it's this: Never, *ever* lay your hands on a woman's cobbler without asking first.
I wish those words of wisdom had been passed on to me early in my life Mike. I have been " scathed " in the past.

03-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #34565
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
I wish those words of wisdom had been passed on to me early in my life Mike. I have been " scathed " in the past.
If it makes you feel any better, Pete, there were a couple of gals whose cobblers were of no interest to me when offered, and one of them turned very nasty...

That's a story for another time, after a few drinks
03-25-2017, 02:57 PM - 1 Like   #34566
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Been hovering at 190lbs (86kilos) for a week or more.

Yeah it happens, a few years back I had two months where the same three pound just came and went
03-25-2017, 02:58 PM   #34567
Closed Account

If it makes you feel any better, Pete, there were a couple of gals whose cobblers were of no interest to me when offered, and one of them turned very nasty...

That's a story for another time, after a few drinks
Very much looking forward to reading your autobiography buddy !!!

03-25-2017, 05:50 PM   #34568
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
This is so tempting . . . . . .

. . . . . . . I've recently rediscovered the Datsun car community and have been getting to know some fellow enthusiasts on a couple forums. One of them, Ratsun.net is a lot of fun.

But it is not generally considered 'family friendly'.

And I have to be careful to keep my filter in good working order when I pop back in over here.
03-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #34569
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
LOL! Yeah, I was tempted, but... no...
Glad to know I wasn't the only one tempted.
Where's the unfiltered, unafraid Rupert when you need him?
Snatch his ass back here!
03-25-2017, 09:12 PM - 1 Like   #34570
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Snatch his ass back here!
He be back!

Maybe one of the best days in a very long time! Just me and Mrs Rupert in the TT and on the road. Left at 11:30am and got back at 9pm....400 mile round trip. Absolutely perfect weather, blues skies, not a cloud 75F and no wind.

Lots of pictures but what we went for was Coopers....

Even at 3pm there is always a line at Coopers...but it moves fast.

You get your meat on a tray at the pit outside, take it inside where it is wrapped and priced, and pick up your other sides....like Pecan Cobbler!
Red beans (So delicious!) and white butterbread are free...as much as you want!

You can see how popular the Pecan Cobbler is!

So what's in the wrapper? Big Chops!

Mrs Rupert loves Big Chops!

But...loves that cobbler more!

Oh that is so heavenly!

Wonderful day....more photos I will put in my PF album tomorrow and give a link.....Otis says this is not a photo thread and said he has already complained to a Mod about me posting these....

The last 26 miles to Llano was solid wildflowers all along the highway, a sight to see for certain. My thanks always to Ladybird Johnson who started this project across Texas decades ago and now they are everywhere and so beautiful!

Dead dog tired.....back home and all that falling yellow pollen.....

Regards!
03-25-2017, 09:32 PM   #34571
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been hovering at 190lbs (86kilos) for a week or more.
Do you need an updraught for that, or do you have to flutter your arms to stay aloft?
That is pretty good going for a week; how do you manage meals? Do you just hover low over the table?
03-25-2017, 10:22 PM   #34572
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Lead, follow or get out of the way.
How often when you are driving do you get impeded by someone and all you can think is: I do no care what you do, just do something.

Happens fairly often.

---------- Post added 03-26-17 at 04:00 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Yeah it happens, a few years back I had two months where the same three pound just came and went
Have you ever thought of weighing yourself several times through the day, and watching how it varies. Can be several pounds through the day.

---------- Post added 03-26-17 at 04:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
He be back!

Maybe one of the best days in a very long time! Just me and Mrs Rupert in the TT and on the road. Left at 11:30am and got back at 9pm....400 mile round trip. Absolutely perfect weather, blues skies, not a cloud 75F and no wind.

Lots of pictures but what we went for was Coopers....

Even at 3pm there is always a line at Coopers...but it moves fast.

You get your meat on a tray at the pit outside, take it inside where it is wrapped and priced, and pick up your other sides....like Pecan Cobbler!
Red beans (So delicious!) and white butterbread are free...as much as you want!

You can see how popular the Pecan Cobbler is!

So what's in the wrapper? Big Chops!

Mrs Rupert loves Big Chops!

But...loves that cobbler more!

Oh that is so heavenly!

Wonderful day....more photos I will put in my PF album tomorrow and give a link.....Otis says this is not a photo thread and said he has already complained to a Mod about me posting these....

The last 26 miles to Llano was solid wildflowers all along the highway, a sight to see for certain. My thanks always to Ladybird Johnson who started this project across Texas decades ago and now they are everywhere and so beautiful!

Dead dog tired.....back home and all that falling yellow pollen.....

Regards!
Well I went to London yesterday and came back.

I had lunch with Mrs Tim in a restaurant not far from Leicester Square, where there is neither a square not even any of those polygonous areas that passes in European cities for a square. (No wonder our maths teachers taught us that geometry is about abstractions.) The place had a queue in the street but when we got in, the food, dim sims, was very variable. Some things were good, one we though was good, ordered another and wished we had not - that variable.

So, following Ladybird's project the wildflowers in Texas are actually planted flowers - lost the wildness.

BTW: was Ladybird really her name, or just a nickname that caught on so her real name receded into oblivion?
03-26-2017, 12:15 AM   #34573
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
BTW: was Ladybird really her name, or just a nickname that caught on so her real name receded into oblivion?
Nickname. Her real name was Claudia Alta Johnson (Nee Taylor). Ladybird was her nickname since a very young age.
03-26-2017, 12:29 AM - 1 Like   #34574
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
How often when you are driving do you get impeded by someone and all you can think is: I do no care what you do, just do something.

Happens fairly often.
More often than it should.
03-26-2017, 12:35 AM   #34575
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Do you need an updraught for that, or do you have to flutter your arms to stay aloft?
That is pretty good going for a week; how do you manage meals? Do you just hover low over the table?
Just step onto the scale and wait for the dial to quit bouncing back and forth. Sans clothes of course. I get 7 to 10 lbs that way, depending on the season.

AS for meals I have coffee and an English muffin with peanut butter (Adam's Old Fashioned Chunky, no salt) and some kind of fruit (read banana) most mornings. A couple days a week substitute a bowl of oatmeal or cereal. And Mrs. Racer fixes something hot a day or two each week also, pancakes, waffles, or eggs sausage and potatoes. This morning it was blueberry pancakes with honey drizzled on them. Mmmm . . . . . . . . tasty!

Lunch is a toasted ciabatta open face with a nice tuna salad spread on it with a glass of some kind of pure fruit juice (no reconstituted or sweetened stuff), and a dish of orange slices or a kiwi fruit.

Dinner is fish (salmon, flounder, tilapia, halibut, prawns, crab, clams) 3 or 4 nights, a boneless pork chop one night, chicken another, and a couple times a month a good steak. Accompanied with steamed vegetables and rice (brown or a wild grain mix). Some kind of salad on the side, iceberg, Cesar, coleslaw, whatever. Mrs. Racer is the Queen of salads, she whips up some pretty good stuff.

For snacks celery and carrots cut into sticks or (apple slices) and dipped into tzatziki or peanut butter or hummus , or a bunch of orange slices (nature's candy!), sometimes some nuts.

Once a week we eat dinner or lunch out, and have whatever we wish.