Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2017, 01:03 PM - 1 Like   #34876
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Paul Harvey had a farm estate not far from here near the old, small river town of Kimmswick, MO.
He liked to dine at the Blue Owl restaurant, home of the mile high apple pie.

04-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #34877
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

That looks yummy.
04-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #34878
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Or, as Yogi Berra would put it, "déjà vu all over again."

Yep, my Granddad said he saw the "end coming" so many times he stopped counting them and stopped worrying about them. He just lived his life and went on....Good if you can avoid the media and social site bombardment we get in modern life. We seem to get dug into things we have no way to change and let them take over our senses. I guess it is human nature. In my next life as a squirrel, I hope to avoid this sort of thing......and hawks and other predators too! Just go through life like Otis, eating and drinking, having fun, and doing a lot of poking around.

Regards!
04-01-2017, 02:45 PM   #34879
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
But, at the same time you don't need a weather vane to know which way the wind blows. That black swirling funnel is not a rain cloud....
That's right.

Time to grab Toto.

And head for the cellar.

04-01-2017, 03:16 PM - 2 Likes   #34880
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
That's right.

Time to grab Toto.

And head for the cellar.
...or stick your head in the sand and pretend it isn't happening? The result is the same....so....

04-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #34881
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

...or stick your head in the sand and pretend it isn't happening? The result is the same....so....

Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy - YouTube
The cellar would be the better choice.

Bobby McFerrin.

Nice.
04-01-2017, 06:20 PM - 1 Like   #34882
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
The cellar would be the better choice.
Yep, been there many times in the 60s.....crazy place....scantily clad girls.....oh yeah, plenty of them! I never could take more than about 30 minutes of the place....too loud.. too many very weird people. In the video the same weird people are there....just older! It is documented that the Secret Service did some partying there the night before Kennedy was shot.....heard they were real party animals? It wasn't in a cellar or basement, it was upstairs. What I recall most insane was a dude trying to ride a Norton up the stairs and it flipped over on him and some other people. Fortunately he was the only one seriously injured. I would never even consider letting my Triumph into a place like that.

04-01-2017, 07:04 PM - 1 Like   #34883
Veteran Member

Did you know that most people were born at a very young age?
04-01-2017, 07:14 PM - 1 Like   #34884
Veteran Member

I just don't get this...
Mr. X was sentenced to life imprisonment for x reason, to which another five years was added for x reason.

So... the corpse has to stay in prison for five years after death...
04-01-2017, 07:15 PM   #34885
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
That's what I like about this place...you learn so much you don't learn elsewhere.

Regards!
04-01-2017, 07:16 PM - 3 Likes   #34886
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

That's absolutely true.
It's also a statistical probability that if your parents didn't have children, you likely won't either.
04-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #34887
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Or, as Yogi Berra would put it, "déjà vu all over again."
It is the same, only different: such as the names of the actors or the place or the juxtapositions with other things. But the underlying drives in people remain the same. So, nothing new under the sun.

---------- Post added 04-02-17 at 03:47 PM ----------

Yep, been there many times in the 60s.....crazy place....scantily clad girls.....oh yeah, plenty of them! I never could take more than about 30 minutes of the place....too loud.. too many very weird people. In the video the same weird people are there....just older! It is documented that the Secret Service did some partying there the night before Kennedy was shot.....heard they were real party animals? It wasn't in a cellar or basement, it was upstairs. What I recall most insane was a dude trying to ride a Norton up the stairs and it flipped over on him and some other people. Fortunately he was the only one seriously injured. I would never even consider letting my Triumph into a place like that.

Documentary about Fort Worth's legendary Cellar Nightclub in the works - YouTube
What was the evidence of the Secret Service, a bevy of fat middle aged men wearing dark suits with bad enough hearing impediments that they needed hearing aids?

---------- Post added 04-02-17 at 03:53 PM ----------

I just don't get this...
Mr. X was sentenced to life imprisonment for x reason, to which another five years was added for x reason.

That makes a bit more sense (although it does clog up the prison with bodies that cause no danger to the public at large so long as placed appropriately, decreasing capacity for for new criminals). What makes less sense is person is convicted of X and Y. The penalty for X is x years and the penalty for Y is y years, to be served concurrently. You ever tried going to the car showroom and saying I I'll buy that one and the one over there, and pay for them concurrently (with one bag of money) and tell the salesperson to have fun counting the money twice. Why not be honest and say: convicted of X and Y, the time inside is z years, without pretence at itemisation, which is kind of like the shop that sells stuff, two for $w, but they are not available separately.

---------- Post added 04-02-17 at 03:55 PM ----------

That's absolutely true.
It's also a statistical probability that if your parents didn't have children, you likely won't either.
Mr Mod, permission to speak sir, if your parents didn't have children you won't be.

---------- Post added 04-02-17 at 03:56 PM ----------

We are getting near to 35,000 posts now.
04-01-2017, 11:36 PM - 2 Likes   #34888
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

That's absolutely true.
Believe it or not, I was born at exactly the same age as Henri Cartier Bresson and Ansel Adams.

Eerie? You bet. Coincidence? I think not...
04-02-2017, 01:21 AM   #34889
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Get out.
04-02-2017, 01:37 AM   #34890
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I just don't get this...

If Mr. X didn't want to lay about in a progressive state of decomposition, maybe he should have made better choices earlier in life.

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
. . . . . . . . (although it does clog up the prison with bodies that cause no danger to the public at large so long as placed appropriately, decreasing capacity for for new criminals) . . . . . . .
I'd think a rotting corpse would present many hazards to the public. Disease, pestilence, wild animals picking away at the carcass and what have you.

Best they serve out their time with the other inmates that are picking up that little something extra.