Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
04-24-2017, 04:54 AM - 1 Like   #35431
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Chasing that elusive pot of gold. The trucker missed it and we could never quite reach it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
04-24-2017, 05:59 AM   #35432
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another very neat shot and a rare event to capture the end of a rainbow! Otis said he would have stopped and called for a thousand squirrels to start digging up the asphalt.

Trying to get out of here this morning and on the road. That is always difficult.....and even harder when you didn't prepare the day before but lounged around shooting squirrels out the windows and fiddling around here on PF!

I'm betting it will be near noon when we hit the road.......

Regards & you guys have fun this week! Not much internet where we are going. They have heard of it out there in the bottom corner of the state, but it is still just a concept to them.
04-24-2017, 06:11 AM   #35433
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Regards & you guys have fun this week! Not much internet where we are going. They have heard of it out there in the bottom corner of the state, but it is still just a concept to them.
Those places are getting few and far between. Enjoy it while it lasts!

And have a nice trip, even though I'm sure Otis' cousins in those parts are busy gnawing off the wire connecting the tins.
04-24-2017, 06:31 AM   #35434
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
And have a nice trip, even though I'm sure Otis' cousins in those parts are busy gnawing off the wire connecting the tins.
Thanks, we are going to try and enjoy a few days together. We get along very well on trips...better than at home!

The squirrels here will be well fed while we are gone, if not they would destroy the place. My helper is house sitting and will make sure they are well fed and have plenty of cold beer too, if it heats up this week.

This is where we are going...our 8th visit. Never tire of the beauty there! Don't expect any shots from me of this quality...but if I run across a few squirrels I might get something decent!
big bend national park - Google Search

Best Regards!

BTW- Otis was over my shoulder and said that you are most attractive.....(he can see through the screen, you know)
He did mention that you would look even better with that Otis Seal in your signature.......he said he was "Just sayin' "
Don't worry about being naked, it doesn't bother Otis at all. Sometimes he laughs out loud, but he didn't laugh at you.

Last edited by Rupert; 04-24-2017 at 06:37 AM.
04-24-2017, 06:43 AM   #35435
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
...Those places are getting few and far between. Enjoy it while it lasts!...
you would think so but one of the great things about north America is there are lots of places like that left
there is a service map of our state that shows served areas...it is one of the most elaborate lies ever foisted on a gullible public

to be honest with you I find refreshing to be stranded, technologically

we have a bit of ground south of here where there is no tv or cell service...you can get a couple of AM stations and one FM if the planets are in proper alignment
it's forty acres of nothing and if you stand on the southwest corner (the highest spot on that section of the map) I can get one bar on my phone
the ground sits about ninety miles from any "urban" area
the closest fuel is twenty miles
the nearest grocery is about fifteen
surprisingly the closest person is only about a quarter mile away but we all seem to want the privacy we all used to have
04-24-2017, 06:47 AM   #35436
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, we are going to try and enjoy a few days together. We get along very well on trips...better than at home!
Oh, I know. It's the same with us. I usually say that we're good at travelling

BTW- Otis was over my shoulder and said that you are most attractive.....(he can see through the screen, you know) He did mention that you would look even better with that Otis Seal in your signature.......he said he was "Just sayin' "
We'll have to see what can be done about that... The seal, I mean. My attractiveness is so overwhelming that there isn't much to be done about it, I'm afraid.

Don't worry about being naked, it doesn't bother Otis at all. Sometimes he laughs out loud, but he didn't laugh at you.
He would be bothered, all right. Take my word for it.

This is where we are going...our 8th visit. Never tire of the beauty there! Don't expect any shots from me of this quality...
Followed your link, and I see what you mean.

04-24-2017, 07:03 AM   #35437
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
you would think so but one of the great things about north America is there are lots of places like that left
there is a service map of our state that shows served areas...it is one of the most elaborate lies ever foisted on a gullible public

to be honest with you I find refreshing to be stranded, technologically

we have a bit of ground south of here where there is no tv or cell service...you can get a couple of AM stations and one FM if the planets are in proper alignment
it's forty acres of nothing and if you stand on the southwest corner (the highest spot on that section of the map) I can get one bar on my phone
the ground sits about ninety miles from any "urban" area
the closest fuel is twenty miles
the nearest grocery is about fifteen
surprisingly the closest person is only about a quarter mile away but we all seem to want the privacy we all used to have
Haven't been to North America in.... what, 20 years . Europe is generally much more densely populated - and considerable smaller - so it's much harder to find those white spots on the service maps (although they're larger than the maps tell!). The other continent I travel to is Africa, and they have pretty much skipped land lines and gone straight to cell phones. It is getting increasingly difficult to find areas without service. Some countries don't have co-traffic agreements with foreign telcos, but you still get local SIMs for cheap.

We did manage to find a stretch of road with no cell coverage when a tyre blew up on us in Namibia, though...

04-24-2017, 07:06 AM   #35438
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

He did mention that you would look even better with that Otis Seal in your signature....
Ah, I almost forgot... Where do I pay those $500?
04-24-2017, 08:57 AM   #35439
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I thought every day driving a semi was like this.

Awesome shot, even if it was dumb luck.

Proof that driving big trucks a driver is always close to the pot 'o gold at the end of the rainbow.
04-24-2017, 08:58 AM   #35440
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah, I almost forgot... Where do I pay those $500?
I can PM you my PayPal info.
04-24-2017, 09:05 AM   #35441
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

You guys done missing me?
No.
04-24-2017, 09:09 AM   #35442
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I don't know about the feminine touch, as I'm a tomboy at heart!
That's OK.

I like tomboyish women. They seem to be more capable than the more girly kind of women. Able to be self reliant, and better at communicating with men.

Yet still soft and warm, like a woman should be.
04-24-2017, 09:14 AM   #35443
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

We are going on trip #8 to Big Bend this week. May take more of those obnoxious pictures, but mostly just want to view thew desert blooms and breathe the clear dry desert air while relaxing a little.
There must be myriad photo opportunities there. The horned toad lives there, doesn't it? I wanna see photos of horned toads Jim.

And some snakes too. With blooming cactus in cleverly composed photos with the snakes and horned toads.
04-24-2017, 09:16 AM   #35444
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I can PM you my PayPal info.
Always the gentleman rushing in to help. I will always be in your debt... so to speak.

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
No.
Umm, I can't remember having seen that being put up for the vote

04-24-2017, 09:16 AM   #35445
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks Mark! Good to be here with friends like you! We hope to enjoy a few days out there. Mrs Rupert needs a break after her last weekend visit to Florida.....where she had a great time with that oldest grandson.

Hope we have as good of weather as they had in Florida!

Best Regards!
What's the deal?

Mrs. Rupert on the beach in Floriduh in street clothes?

Where is the bikini?