Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums

05-05-2017, 10:50 PM   #35792
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Correct, but someone in NJ paid $193 total for me to get it, and the seller is supposedly from IL.
I wondered about the billed person in NJ, her name is very unusual and not hard to find via Google.
Seems she's a registered nurse and was charged with shoplifting from Saks in 2010 when she was 49.
Crazy stuff I tell ya!
How do you know what credit card was used. Were they silly enough to buy it, documents enclosed and then send it on to you without even opening it to take personal information out?

---------- Post added 05-06-17 at 04:33 PM ----------

Does make a bit of chaos when a truck drive decides to show off all his wheels on the same side. Most of the nuts were still inside, so when they rolled it back on the wheels he got going again, perhaps a little slower?

That amount of fatness of the squirrel would account for the nuts that fell out.

Last edited by tim60; 05-05-2017 at 11:04 PM.
05-06-2017, 04:50 AM - 2 Likes   #35793
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
05-06-2017, 05:03 AM   #35794
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Were they silly enough to buy it, documents enclosed and then send it on to you without even opening it to take personal information out?
It wasn't sent to the seller, it was sent to me directly from Igloo in Katy, Texas.
It appears that after I made the purchase, via PayPal, they went to the Igloo website, ordered it, paid with someone's credit card, and gave my info for shipping.

The seller now has a negative feedback to go with their one positive, the person said the item never came and they had to open a case to get their money back.

05-06-2017, 06:19 AM - 2 Likes   #35795
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
I do not doubt for a second Racer that you got some looks !!! I think now that all new insurance policies should have the question, " Have you ever strapped a propane tank to your back and activated the PEZZO under the seat? "

EDIT - If the answer is ticked YES, then that evokes instant disqualification from any future policy !!
They should also include the question "Have you ever said 'here, hold my beer and watch this!"?
05-06-2017, 06:36 AM - 1 Like   #35796
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I'm thinking I could rig up a TV and satellite dish, so I can ride and not miss any racing.

A cooler for some beer would be nice too.
You'll want a BOB trailer for all of that.
05-06-2017, 07:23 AM - 2 Likes   #35797
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You'll want a BOB trailer for all of that.
BOB.

What a catchy name.

05-06-2017, 08:07 AM - 3 Likes   #35798
Veteran Member

BOB.

What a catchy name.

05-06-2017, 08:12 AM - 2 Likes   #35799
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Bob seems a little unfriendly.
05-06-2017, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #35800
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Got a lot of looks from people, especially the ones in cars that I was passing.
Crazy stuff!

Ricky Brewer, my neighbor way back then with the Cushman Eagle......ya'll remember him? He wanted to ride at night with a flame coming out his exhaust. Borrowed a drill and various bits until he got a hole near the exhaust end he could thread in a spark plug and wired it to the ignition coil wiring. First try produced no results. Gary, one of our buddies, told him he needed to go to the pharmacy and buy a can of ether, dump it in his fuel tank with a gallon of high octane gas and he would get the flame he desired. I wasn't there the next night when he rode it up and down the street in front of our houses, but heard it did put out a short pale blue flame you could see.
The next day Ricky was over at my place again borrowing tools. Seems his engine had seized up and he couldn't get it to turn over.

Mr Brewer once told my Dad that the two biggest mistakes he had made in life were not adopting Ricky out when he was born...and buying him that damn Cushman Eagle.

Regards!
05-06-2017, 09:51 AM   #35801
Veteran Member

Here's the latest.
I reported the cooler seller to eBay, found out it's called a triangle scam.
Three victims, the card holder, the company selling the item, and the buyer.
The law could come knocking since the company will probably assume I'm the one who used the card, if and or when the card holder reports the unauthorized purchase or purchases.
Took me 10 minutes to find a number to even call eBay.
05-06-2017, 10:00 AM - 2 Likes   #35802
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

The law could come knocking since the company will probably assume I'm the one who used the card, if and or when the card holder reports the unauthorized purchase or purchases.
Bad news!
Name:  Reserved.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  224.3 KB

However, you are covered and will receive a prompt pardon from Otis Squirrel with his newly acquired "Presidential" powers!

Yep, it's real and it's all his!

Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 05-06-2017 at 10:19 AM.
05-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #35803
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Took me 10 minutes to find a number to even call eBay.
Yeah, they don't make it easy to be a good community member. I suppose they want people to really think before they actually call up complain.

I discovered eBay back in the Dark Ages of the Innerwebs, searching for license plates. Back then it was a more Craig's List kind of atmosphere, with few commercial sellers. Mostly people like us, just everyday kinda folk looking to pass something along that they no longer want, and try to make a buck or two.

So I had set up a PayPal account, and was buying plates left and right, and discovered automobilia and signs, and such, so my eBay experience expanded a bit.

One day I was paying bills and noticed a huge charge against the credit card I used for the PayPal account. Something like the max, nearly but not quite, around $10,000. Then, 24 hours later the charge was reversed. I contacted PayPal who referred me to the bank that the card was issued through. By the time it was done I had an e-mail relationship with an FBI investigator.

Seems there was some bunch up in Toronto that had figured out how to snag credit card numbers as they whiz around the Innerwebs at the speed of light. Then they would make draws against the cards for large amounts, and make wagers via online gambling sites. When they won they would return the stolen funds, and most people either never noticed, or notice bit don't say anything.

When they didn't win the funds were not returned, and that is what caught the attention of international law enforcement agencies.

Of course my card was immediately cancelled, and a new one issued.
05-06-2017, 11:00 AM - 1 Like   #35804
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Bob seems a little unfriendly.
Bobs are fiercely independent, and as a result appear to be like that at times. They just don't want people to think they are soft, or easy.

But really, Bobs are the greatest bunch of guys around.

Even Canadian Bobs, eh?

05-06-2017, 11:13 AM - 1 Like   #35805
Veteran Member

Seems there was some bunch up in Toronto that had figured out how to snag credit card numbers as they whiz around the Innerwebs at the speed of light.
Damn Canucks! Oh sorry, I forgot, eh.