Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
05-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #36046
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Gotta love farm pants! I have fond memories of every pair Mrs Rupert has trashed.
In this neck of the woods, we have two sets of clothes: our town clothes and our home/farm clothes.
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
kids your age don't know what a fountain pen is
Well, mistake on my part then...
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
What sort of backwater do you live in?
The rural areas of Golden...
QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
i'm more curious as to which one? you use
I've got two cheap ones I use: Parker Vector (I think) and a Zebra V-301.
I've also got a cheap Sheaffer pen with 3 calligraphy nibs.

I originally had only the Parker, but was stranded somewhere without it and bought the Zebra I saw in a store; since then I prefer the Zebra. I also had an itch to try calligraphy so bought the calligraphy set, doesn't get much use.

05-12-2017, 09:56 PM - 1 Like   #36047
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Well ladies and gentlemen there seems to be another important issue that needs our attention. It seems that there is some award winning scotch is coming out of Japan of all places!!!!!!!!!!!!
It cannot be scotch coming out of Japan. It must be Japan coming out of Japan, or grammatically Japanese.

Just like when the wine makers in Australia stopped making champagne, when all that means is bubbly white wine. Wonder they did not just make normal white wine and then pack it using the carbonating machine from the black soft drink company.
05-12-2017, 10:42 PM   #36048
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Well, that's annoying!
I just noticed that my fountain pen that was in my pocket of my trousers I just got. I had the trousers for about a week, they were nice Carhartts ad fitted perfectly. Good thing I got them at the thrift store for a dollar. The lid fell of the pen and the cotton sucked all the ink (full cartridge - was replaced this morning) out the pen. It was permanent black ink. The stains are now soaking in strong alcohols and are about to be washed.
Good thing I needed another pair of farm trousers. /sarc.
I switched to a good rollerball years ago for exactly that reason. Too many good business shirts and suit jacket linings ruined, especially on flights (presumably due to the changes in cabin pressure). These days, I don't need business shirts or suit jackets, but I've stuck with the rollerball.

Of course, you could go one stage further in the other direction and go for a dip pen or quill. Those things barely hold enough ink for a single word

Last edited by BigMackCam; 05-12-2017 at 10:52 PM.
05-12-2017, 10:48 PM   #36049
Pentaxian

I see you are up early keeping this thread, upon which the sun never sets, progressing.

05-12-2017, 10:51 PM   #36050
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I see you are up early keeping this thread, upon which the sun never sets, progressing.
You too, Tim

Yep, my WIWBAK3 body-clock tried to get me up at 5am, but I managed to toss and turn until 6 - at which point, the weight of responsibility was too much...
05-13-2017, 12:08 AM - 1 Like   #36051
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I just noticed that my fountain pen......
You're a good guy Bert! I must remember to use mine. I have two CROSS pens. They reason I have two is because they have a lifetime warrantee and I dropped mine. Sent it in for repair, explaining that it's not a product fault, I dropped it and it hit the pavement right on the nib - ouch! Happy to pay for repair. Some month later, I had a phone call from the NZ Cross agent. Would I pay the courier costs for sending my pen back to me from Auckland? Sure I said. Agent says pen could not be repaired in New Zealand and they had to send to the USA for repair - that's why it took so long. (Oh hell - I thought - imagine the repair bill!!!!)

Anyway, courier package turns up and I open it..... Inside, my pen, and a new pen - nicer model than mine and a note: "We were not 100% happy with the repair we carried out to your pen, and that model is no longer made. We hope you will enjoy the replacement we've sent. They sent me a $130 replacement, and the repair was just fine - both pens work beautifully.

Apart from the Auckland to Masterton courier charge, all this was free of charge. That's what I call service.
05-13-2017, 12:51 AM   #36052
Pentaxian

Sure is.

BigMack, I have now almost done all the sundry household chores that I do on Saturday mornings.

05-13-2017, 12:56 AM   #36053
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

BigMack, I have now almost done all the sundry household chores that I do on Saturday mornings.
Wish I could say the same I've washed the car, put up a new washing line, I'm about to bleed a couple of bathroom towel-rails, re-seal one of the shower-unit bases, and then give the bathrooms a weekly clean. Then, and only then, I might settle down to service one of my old lenses
05-13-2017, 05:21 AM   #36054
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I've washed the car, put up a new washing line, I'm about to bleed a couple of bathroom towel-rails, re-seal one of the shower-unit bases, and then give the bathrooms a weekly clean
I'm busy this morning too............drinking coffee.
My bloody towel rails will have to wait.
05-13-2017, 05:32 AM - 1 Like   #36055
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
You're a good guy Bert! I must remember to use mine. I have two CROSS pens..
Why are they mad at you? And since you wrote it in caps they must be really irate.
05-13-2017, 06:42 AM   #36056
Veteran Member

Of course, you could go one stage further in the other direction and go for a dip pen or quill. Those things barely hold enough ink for a single word
I already get funny looks from other kids at school using the fountain pen... besides I've already got a homemade quill I use occasionally at home
05-13-2017, 06:52 AM   #36057
Pentaxian

Wish I could say the same I've washed the car, put up a new washing line, I'm about to bleed a couple of bathroom towel-rails, re-seal one of the shower-unit bases, and then give the bathrooms a weekly clean. Then, and only then, I might settle down to service one of my old lenses
Then we went out for groceries and saw the election campaigners in their traditional place. Red, yellow and blue parties all located close enough to hear normal conversations with the punters at each of the others. How civilized!

After that pulled the weeds out of the front patch, mowed the lawn and washed the car.

They are complaining about a drought . The last time I used the windscreen wipers was yesterday. These guys don't know what a drought is.
05-13-2017, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #36058
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
While you guys have been talking trivial stuff, I have been furthering my vast storehouse of critical knowledge of things that really matter.

Cheese scientist breaks down what?s really inside Velveeta - Business Insider

Real cheeses, blended! His last sentence was apparently censored...it should have read.....

" It’s something I would eat too, except it's not going to be nearly as good as a regular natural cheese, it's going to taste better!"

You guys might not trust old Rupert, for reasons I just can't understand???....but you can trust this scientist, and Bob...we can all trust Bob!

Regards!
05-13-2017, 06:57 AM   #36059
Pentaxian

L City 1, M City 2.

People here get real worked up about such things.
05-13-2017, 07:39 AM   #36060
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
we can all trust Bob's butt wipes!
Fixed it for you.
Home

« AF1 vs AF2 | - »