Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #3676
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tigers will hunt humans, but generally only if the cat is sick or otherwise impaired. That they prefer to hunt more difficult prey just shows that they are sportsmen, err, cats.

01-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #3677
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
It's just that someone forgot to tell them that we're the top of the food chain.
And they love bacon and we smell like bacon to them and they do not give a crap (out of breath now) and they just want more bacon. Got to love those furry little cute things...I wonder if they would like HOCIR.
01-23-2014, 04:00 PM - 1 Like   #3678
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
"I'm fond of Pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” - Winston Churchill
01-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #3679
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Tigers will hunt humans, but generally only if the cat is sick or otherwise impaired. That they prefer to hunt more difficult prey just shows that they are sportsmen, err, cats.
Cats do not really like bacon, they prefer cheddar gold-fish (I am not kidding, just watched our cat eat one off the floor) maybe that`s the difference

01-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #3680
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Cats do not really like bacon, they prefer cheddar gold-fish
One of mine loves Pillsbury biscuits.
01-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #3681
Loyal Site Supporter

Cats do not really like bacon, they prefer cheddar gold-fish (I am not kidding, just watched our cat eat one off the floor) maybe that`s the difference
A friend had two cats that would attack you for a Cheez-it (same basic thing as a goldfish). My cat would just sniff at them and walk away. But - I BS you not - she loved whole wheat bread. And turkey hot dogs. She was a strange cat. Took after her owner, no doubt.
01-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #3682
Pentaxian

My cat eats only its dry cat food. It likes to investigate and smell other things, and will sometimes lick them, but the only thing it will actually put into its mouth and dig into is its food. And sometimes ice cream. And maybe a tiny piece of salmon. And oh yes, my ankle flesh.
01-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #3683
Site Supporter

I will not buy a K-5IIs! Rumor has it that they are being sold out to make way for a new wave of Ricoh-labeled units! Curse you Hocir!

Steve

01-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #3684
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
My cat eats only its dry cat food. It likes to investigate and smell other things, and will sometimes lick them, but the only thing it will actually put into its mouth and dig into is its food. And sometimes ice cream. And maybe a tiny piece of salmon. And oh yes, my ankle flesh.
We had one of those "ambush and attack your ankle" cats. I was terrified to go to the fridge at night barefooted. He would latch onto me with front paws and claws, sink his teeth to the Achilles tendon and get the rear legs going with claws slicing into my flesh. I DID NOT LIKE that beast, at all.
Now I will have flashback nightmares for the next week, even HOCIR can`t top this.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 01-23-2014 at 04:37 PM.
01-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #3685
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I had a cat that loved peanut butter fudge!! Would eat it until she ralphed!!
And by the way my wife wonders what's up with me when I read this thread and repeatedly bust out laughing! She will Probably commit me soon!! Maybe I'll start acting like Teddy Roosevelt!
01-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #3686
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I read somewhere that the Polar Bear is the only mammal known to stalk humans for food. Others will eat humans after attacking for various other reasons, but the Polar Bear is reputed to be the only one to see us as prey.
That's definitely not true. My cat regularly stalks me for food...ohhh, you mean't that they intend to EAT us.
01-23-2014, 05:38 PM   #3687
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Well, the panic is on in NC as well - they are talking 1-2 inches (OMG!!!)
Here are the rules I used to shut down all government offices in Cape Dorset during the last blizzard.

Consideration will be given to closing government offices in any community if a combination of any three of the following occur in a normal workday:
Visibility is less than 200 meters;
The constant wind speed exceeds 60 kilometers per hour;
There is a wind chill index of 50 degrees Celsius or greater;
The municipality has taken its road clearing machinery off the road;
Taxis or other transportation systems have given 1-hour notice of going off the road.

Here's my dog's feeling about the last blizzard. I had explained that only big people get to use the indoor toilet. Couldn't get a buy-in.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
01-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #3688
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
That's definitely not true. My cat regularly stalks me for food...ohhh, you mean't that they intend to EAT us.
If they were bigger, they most certainly would.
01-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #3689
Site Supporter

Here are the rules I used to shut down all government offices in Cape Dorset during the last blizzard.

Consideration will be given to closing government offices in any community if a combination of any three of the following occur in a normal workday:
Visibility is less than 200 meters;
The constant wind speed exceeds 60 kilometers per hour;
There is a wind chill index of –50 degrees Celsius or greater;
The municipality has taken its road clearing machinery off the road;
Taxis or other transportation systems have given 1-hour notice of going off the road.

Here's my dog's feeling about the last blizzard. I had explained that only big people get to use the indoor toilet. Couldn't get a buy-in.
Sounds pretty sensible for closing down.
I remember, one time, in Finland, the school told us we could stay in for the recess at noon.
We failed to see the point in it because we still had to get home, on foot, after the school.
Not buying the K3 unless it can handle -36 C and 30 or so winds...

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 01-23-2014 at 06:00 PM.
01-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #3690
Loyal Site Supporter

So you and the other guy got the day off?