Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2014, 09:38 PM   #3706
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh, and I will not buy a K3 until children go,to school.

01-24-2014, 04:43 AM - 2 Likes   #3707
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
HEY!! I found the OP!!!
He is the one on the left!!
Man that Ricoh name really messed him up!!
01-24-2014, 05:10 AM   #3708
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
They are cute as hell in the zoo!
The Resources Officer in Clyde River once rescued an orphaned cub and kept it a her house. Meanest little ball of fur you ever saw in your life. Sort of like Warner Brother's version of the Tasmanian devil. After a bit, she turned it over to the Elder's Committee. They had it for supper.
01-24-2014, 05:26 AM   #3709
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
We have rush-hour traffic jams in Poitiers, too ... a traffic jam here is where it takes more then one traffic light cycle to get through an intersection ... horrid, unbearable events ... Paris traffic jams are for "sissies", by comparison J

PS - this is how the life-long natives of Poitiers feel ... they make me smile, since I lived almost 8 years in Paris ...

PPS - I just went back and actually read the OP's original message ... "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away", this thread could of had a real purpose ... but nah, let the sillyness reign on ... to quote Marlon Brando yet again, "The HOCIR! The HOCIR! ..." oops, mixing up films now ...

Ah....but you see, you guys in Potiers are doing it all wrong, stopping for red lights. In Paris (provided the license plate reads 75 and isn't on a rental) traffic rules are not as much rules as they are suggestions that you may, or may not, at your discretion, chose to follow, or (most likely) not. I can't remember the last time I saw a Parisian driver stop for red....nor the last time I stopped for red in Paris, without having all the cars behind me honk their horns in anger.....once last year, I even had a lorry driver get out of his truck, and come yell at me through the window, for having had the audacity to not run a red light when he was behind me....

01-24-2014, 05:33 AM   #3710
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The History of Velveeta from Smithsonian.com

"We as a culture have tended to gravitate toward foods that were—and are—predictable, unchanging and relatively bland," Werlin explains. "Processed cheese fit the bill, and it is also easy to use"

"Processed cheese" is - like the "Mitsubishi Charisma" an oxymoron...
01-24-2014, 05:37 AM   #3711
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Smooth ride my butt. .

No judging from me, but wouldn't that make this thread NSFW?
01-24-2014, 05:56 AM - 2 Likes   #3712
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
You should have put the whole six pack out there. Then you would have ice cold beer for free.

Unlike the overpriced K3, the price of which is keeping me from buying.

That's not beer, dude, it's a Heineken. Beer is for human consumption, Heineken is for.....well, I am not sure what it's actually useful for - except measuring snow-fall, apparently.

01-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #3713

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.
There is something fundamentally wrong with this whole idea of what brand you shoot with. When I decided to buy my first DSLR I don't go out and choose Pentax because they were the underdogs, or even because it was clearly the best bang for buck option, I chose it because I liked what it stood for. How helpful and friendly the community is, the rich history behind its products, and the feeling I got that this company actually isn't trying to one up everyone else at the cost of it's customers, but just trying to make the best damn product it can with what it has at its disposal. So far that's what they continue to do, and even if they change the name to Balls or Ass, it'd gladly shoot with some Ass if the underlying ideals are still "Pentaxian".

Plus, I think your work should speak for itself. If it still bothers you so much I can give you some black tape.
01-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #3714
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by poosanth Quote
There is something fundamentally wrong with this whole idea of what brand you shoot with. When I decided to buy my first DSLR I don't go out and choose Pentax because they were the underdogs, or even because it was clearly the best bang for buck option, I chose it because I liked what it stood for. How helpful and friendly the community is, the rich history behind its products, and the feeling I got that this company actually isn't trying to one up everyone else at the cost of it's customers, but just trying to make the best damn product it can with what it has at its disposal. So far that's what they continue to do, and even if they change the name to Balls or Ass, it'd gladly shoot with some Ass if the underlying ideals are still "Pentaxian".

Plus, I think your work should speak for itself. If it still bothers you so much I can give you some black tape.
But is that what you really think or are you just trying to impress all us cheese/bacon eaters?
01-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #3715
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
But is that what you really think or are you just trying to impress all us cheese/bacon eaters?
Ah cut the thread noob some slack. Sure, should ahve read a few posts first, but how would you know?
01-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #3716
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I won't buy a K3, or rather I need to offload the one I have, because it is harbinger of bad weather. Ever since I bought mine it has been raining. Coincidence? I think not. Clearly the K3 is cursed. I have had to shut myself up in my house eating cheese an bacon for two whole months all because I bought a K3. May this be a warning to you all.
01-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #3717
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
I won't buy a K3, or rather I need to offload the one I have, because it is harbinger of bad weather. Ever since I bought mine it has been raining. Coincidence? I think not. Clearly the K3 is cursed. I have had to shut myself up in my house eating cheese an bacon for two whole months all because I bought a K3. May this be a warning to you all.
Interesting... I had a similar problem with my K-01 - everyone said that I wouldn't be able to see the rear LCD in bright sunlight, but every time I took it outdoors, it immediately turned overcast. Some of that technology must have trickled down to the K-3.
01-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #3718
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Interesting... I had a similar problem with my K-01 - everyone said that I wouldn't be able to see the rear LCD in bright sunlight, but every time I took it outdoors, it immediately turned overcast. Some of that technology must have trickled down to the K-3.
Same here...

and come to think of it...that has to be another reason not to buy a K3.

(now where's the frying pan?)
01-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #3719
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Ah cut the thread noob some slack. Sure, should have read a few posts first, but how would you know?
Yeah, how was he to know that his post would be one of only 6 in the last 3,700 or so that was on topic.
(It was on topic, wasn't it? I sorta forgot what the topic was. )
01-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #3720
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yeah, how was he to know that his post would be one of only 6 in the last 3,700 or so that was on topic.
(It was on topic, wasn't it? I sorta forgot what the topic was. )
CHEESE!!!

Wow Parallax, my grandpa started acting like you when he got old.