Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2014, 09:38 PM   #3706
Site Supporter
waterfall's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern Minnesota
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,770
Oh, and I will not buy a K3 until children go,to school.

01-24-2014, 04:43 AM - 2 Likes   #3707
Veteran Member
Joel B's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,336
HEY!! I found the OP!!!
He is the one on the left!!
Man that Ricoh name really messed him up!!
01-24-2014, 05:10 AM   #3708
jac
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Clyde River, Nunavut, Canada
Posts: 2,363
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
They are cute as hell in the zoo!
The Resources Officer in Clyde River once rescued an orphaned cub and kept it a her house. Meanest little ball of fur you ever saw in your life. Sort of like Warner Brother's version of the Tasmanian devil. After a bit, she turned it over to the Elder's Committee. They had it for supper.
01-24-2014, 05:26 AM   #3709
Veteran Member
tclausen's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,399
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
We have rush-hour traffic jams in Poitiers, too ... a traffic jam here is where it takes more then one traffic light cycle to get through an intersection ... horrid, unbearable events ... Paris traffic jams are for "sissies", by comparison J

PS - this is how the life-long natives of Poitiers feel ... they make me smile, since I lived almost 8 years in Paris ...

PPS - I just went back and actually read the OP's original message ... "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away", this thread could of had a real purpose ... but nah, let the sillyness reign on ... to quote Marlon Brando yet again, "The HOCIR! The HOCIR! ..." oops, mixing up films now ...

Ah....but you see, you guys in Potiers are doing it all wrong, stopping for red lights. In Paris (provided the license plate reads 75 and isn't on a rental) traffic rules are not as much rules as they are suggestions that you may, or may not, at your discretion, chose to follow, or (most likely) not. I can't remember the last time I saw a Parisian driver stop for red....nor the last time I stopped for red in Paris, without having all the cars behind me honk their horns in anger.....once last year, I even had a lorry driver get out of his truck, and come yell at me through the window, for having had the audacity to not run a red light when he was behind me....

01-24-2014, 05:33 AM   #3710
Veteran Member
tclausen's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,399
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The History of Velveeta from Smithsonian.com

"We as a culture have tended to gravitate toward foods that were—and are—predictable, unchanging and relatively bland," Werlin explains. "Processed cheese fit the bill, and it is also easy to use"

"Processed cheese" is - like the "Mitsubishi Charisma" an oxymoron...
01-24-2014, 05:37 AM   #3711
Veteran Member
tclausen's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,399
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Smooth ride my butt. .

No judging from me, but wouldn't that make this thread NSFW?
01-24-2014, 05:56 AM - 2 Likes   #3712
Veteran Member
tclausen's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,399
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
You should have put the whole six pack out there. Then you would have ice cold beer for free.

Unlike the overpriced K3, the price of which is keeping me from buying.

That's not beer, dude, it's a Heineken. Beer is for human consumption, Heineken is for.....well, I am not sure what it's actually useful for - except measuring snow-fall, apparently.
01-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #3713
New Member
poosanth's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.
There is something fundamentally wrong with this whole idea of what brand you shoot with. When I decided to buy my first DSLR I don't go out and choose Pentax because they were the underdogs, or even because it was clearly the best bang for buck option, I chose it because I liked what it stood for. How helpful and friendly the community is, the rich history behind its products, and the feeling I got that this company actually isn't trying to one up everyone else at the cost of it's customers, but just trying to make the best damn product it can with what it has at its disposal. So far that's what they continue to do, and even if they change the name to Balls or Ass, it'd gladly shoot with some Ass if the underlying ideals are still "Pentaxian".

Plus, I think your work should speak for itself. If it still bothers you so much I can give you some black tape.

01-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #3714
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,698
QuoteOriginally posted by poosanth Quote
There is something fundamentally wrong with this whole idea of what brand you shoot with. When I decided to buy my first DSLR I don't go out and choose Pentax because they were the underdogs, or even because it was clearly the best bang for buck option, I chose it because I liked what it stood for. How helpful and friendly the community is, the rich history behind its products, and the feeling I got that this company actually isn't trying to one up everyone else at the cost of it's customers, but just trying to make the best damn product it can with what it has at its disposal. So far that's what they continue to do, and even if they change the name to Balls or Ass, it'd gladly shoot with some Ass if the underlying ideals are still "Pentaxian".

Plus, I think your work should speak for itself. If it still bothers you so much I can give you some black tape.
But is that what you really think or are you just trying to impress all us cheese/bacon eaters?
01-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #3715
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,997
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
But is that what you really think or are you just trying to impress all us cheese/bacon eaters?
Ah cut the thread noob some slack. Sure, should ahve read a few posts first, but how would you know?
01-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #3716
Loyal Site Supporter
unkipunki's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Lochaweside, Argyll
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 537
I won't buy a K3, or rather I need to offload the one I have, because it is harbinger of bad weather. Ever since I bought mine it has been raining. Coincidence? I think not. Clearly the K3 is cursed. I have had to shut myself up in my house eating cheese an bacon for two whole months all because I bought a K3. May this be a warning to you all.
01-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #3717
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,460
QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
I won't buy a K3, or rather I need to offload the one I have, because it is harbinger of bad weather. Ever since I bought mine it has been raining. Coincidence? I think not. Clearly the K3 is cursed. I have had to shut myself up in my house eating cheese an bacon for two whole months all because I bought a K3. May this be a warning to you all.
Interesting... I had a similar problem with my K-01 - everyone said that I wouldn't be able to see the rear LCD in bright sunlight, but every time I took it outdoors, it immediately turned overcast. Some of that technology must have trickled down to the K-3.
01-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #3718
Loyal Site Supporter
Pioneer's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Elko, Nevada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,206
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Interesting... I had a similar problem with my K-01 - everyone said that I wouldn't be able to see the rear LCD in bright sunlight, but every time I took it outdoors, it immediately turned overcast. Some of that technology must have trickled down to the K-3.
Same here...

and come to think of it...that has to be another reason not to buy a K3.

(now where's the frying pan?)
01-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #3719
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,428
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Ah cut the thread noob some slack. Sure, should have read a few posts first, but how would you know?
Yeah, how was he to know that his post would be one of only 6 in the last 3,700 or so that was on topic.
(It was on topic, wasn't it? I sorta forgot what the topic was. )
01-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #3720
Loyal Site Supporter
Pioneer's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Elko, Nevada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,206
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yeah, how was he to know that his post would be one of only 6 in the last 3,700 or so that was on topic.
(It was on topic, wasn't it? I sorta forgot what the topic was. )
CHEESE!!!

Wow Parallax, my grandpa started acting like you when he got old.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:15 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top