Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
07-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #37906
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Happy Canada day to the few Canadians on this thread (Bertwert and Normhead and anyone else I missed
Canada's 150 birthday today lots of big celebrations, and of course rain and thunderstorms lol
I'm working it ,happy happy joy joy
Oh, Canada!

07-01-2017, 10:36 AM - 2 Likes   #37907
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Speaking of which
I'm wondering if I should ask my doc for a pneumonia vaccine when i get my yearly checkup in August.
Need to do some research about effectiveness I guess.
Do the research Bob, but I think you will want to get it. It can help prevent the most contagious form of pneumonia and the form most likely to kill you.
Also the Shingles Vaccine is highly recommended.....you DO NOT want shingles.......I got that shot and the pneumonia shot. I think they are free with Medicare?

My type of pneumonia is more likely to make you wish it would it kill you, than to actually kill you. I was at the doc again Thurs afternoon ( one of three docs I am seeing). Pneumonia is now limited to lower right lung, upper left lung and bronchial tube areas. I am breathing better, but still have a good way to go. This doc thought I should have been in the hospital a few weeks ago? Who knows.....lots of people die in hospitals from mistakes......more than from car accidents......can you imagine that! I think I'll take my chances at home. Mrs Rupert can be a danger, but I trust she probably won't kill me!

Regards!....Get the damn shots, don't take unnecessary chances!
07-01-2017, 10:49 AM   #37908
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Get the damn shots, don't take unnecessary chances!
Yes sir!
Mrs Bob has been after me to get them too.
07-01-2017, 11:13 AM - 1 Like   #37909
Veteran Member

Yes sir!
Mrs Bob has been after me to get them too.
She is right..just like Mrs Rupert was when she was after me to get mine! You didn't really think I was smart enough to get them all on my own, did you!?

Regards!

07-01-2017, 02:28 PM - 2 Likes   #37910
Veteran Member

07-01-2017, 03:50 PM   #37911
Veteran Member

We get a lot of calls identified as towns or cities, local and from other states.
I'm not sure how a municipality can make a phone call.
We only answer if the ID shows as someone we know.
the service provider didn't extend the user's name (most cell providers don't) so a default geographic tag is sent to your phone
07-01-2017, 03:53 PM - 1 Like   #37912
Veteran Member

I'm bored , but not that bored Bert!

When you are all shut in like I have been for over a month there is not a lot of things to do enjoyable. I'm not too into TV and the internet news is mostly depressing and controversial beyond reason. It is not as much news as it is articles intended to start arguments and breed division.

However, I do come across some worthwhile stuff on occasion. I saw this and it gave me reason to post one of my favorite smile makers.....

The article.....mostly a bunch of nonsense....damn, people are crazy!
Woman Angers Social Media for Asking Why Cheeky Bikini Bottoms Are Trendy

But it gave me a reason to post this here again.....If I could I'd post it there and title it:

"Doggies Disagree!"

Regards!

07-01-2017, 05:04 PM - 2 Likes   #37913
Closed Account

It is now illegal in my home state to say my daily " good bye " to my employer !!!
Attached Images

07-01-2017, 05:09 PM - 3 Likes   #37914
Closed Account

They say it is to " Crack down " on offensive behavior !!
07-01-2017, 05:15 PM - 2 Likes   #37915
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
They say it is to " Crack down " on offensive behavior !!
That cracked me up.
07-01-2017, 05:18 PM - 3 Likes   #37916
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That cracked me up.
Glad it gave you a chuckle Sven !!
07-01-2017, 06:07 PM - 2 Likes   #37917
Veteran Member

I'm bored , but not that bored Bert!
Be careful Rupert, looks like our young friend to the north wants to polish you off in your weakened state.
07-01-2017, 06:09 PM - 1 Like   #37918
Veteran Member

Reminds me....Confucius say...... "Woman who fly airplane upside down ...have crack up."

Nighty-nite people.....it was a long day for me. A glass of Winking Owl and I will be off to some more rest for the night. I may be the most rested person you know...that's about all I do, and it is not any fun at all.

Regards!

Rest...rest...rest....

---------- Post added 07-01-17 at 08:16 PM ----------

Be careful Rupert, looks like our young friend to the north wants to polish you off in your weakened state.
I did think of that.......but you know there is no way I'm gonna click on one of those acoustical atrocities!

I was glad to hear your hearing is returning to normal......but thinking of Bert's postings, even if it didn't, there would be some reason for cheer.

Regards!
07-01-2017, 06:38 PM - 4 Likes   #37919
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Reminds me....Confucius say...... "Woman who fly airplane upside down ...have crack up."
Right, and the difference between a woman in church and a woman in a bubble bath is that one has hope in her soul.

Spoonerism - Wikipedia
07-02-2017, 03:37 AM - 2 Likes   #37920
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got to love technology. Tonight, my mom was at our place for dinner. When she remarks that she has written to her sister (in South Africa) and she knows she's unwell but have not heard back. I picked up my mobile phone and used skype to regular phone feature to ring my cousin on his mobile phone. Call came through crystal clear, no lag, as if he's sitting in the Living Room with me. He's in The Wilderness, Southern Cape, South Africa. Asked my cousin to talk with my mom about his mom's health. 15 minute call, to the other side of the world, cost under a dollar. My mom is 83 and still writes traditional letters. Occasionally, I manage to convince her to simply give me the letter, I scan it and e-mail it and it's there immediately rather than a week from now. Next time, she does the whole letter, envelope, stamp thing again. I suppose she grew up in a different age.