Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #3781
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,307
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Better yet... ever drop a depth-charge into a school of cod on gulf of Finland
Who hasn't?

01-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #3782
Veteran Member
Joel B's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,336
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Better yet... ever drop a depth-charge into a school of cod on gulf of Finland. We did...had to pick them all up from the water and take them to the shore for processing, something in the law about "waste not".
Get any photos??? And did you guys get to eat any??
01-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #3783
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,123
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Get any photos??? And did you guys get to eat any??
Sorry, no photos. We did get to eat plenty and it was very very good.
Our cooks on the boat, in real life, were chefs in nice restaurants in Helsinki.
01-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #3784
Site Supporter
SpecialK's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,631
There is no good fish. The End.

01-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #3785
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,499
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yes, something like this will do nicely!

The new STEVEBROT K-3!!




Steve
Nice!

I want one!

No.

Wait.

Gimmie two!
01-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #3786
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,499
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
It's going to get down below 20℉ again this week. I will not buy a k-3 until you polar vortex butts stop sending me cold weather!
I hear the entire state of Lousyanna is shut down because of an ice storm today.

Nice.

Maybe I should put off buying a K3 a bit longer.
01-24-2014, 07:53 PM   #3787
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,499
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
There is no good fish.
Bet me.



Keeps me from even thinking about a K3.
01-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #3788
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,389
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I hear the entire state of Lousyanna is shut down because of an ice storm today.

Nice.

Maybe I should put off buying a K3 a bit longer.
And really, why would anyone buy a K-3 before there is world peace and good weather all around. What kind of photographer would bring a K-3 into this vain and troubled world?

01-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #3789
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,123
That`s raw shit, only good for worms and instant diet.
edit: raw fish
01-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #3790
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,499
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Possums showed up in Minnesota a few years ago. Mostly in the south and Cities. (we call everything south of Little Falls "the cities"). New invasive marsupial. Possibly deadly to Toyotas and squirrels. Good news is they don't get into the lakes and hang on the propellor of your outboard motor like zebra mussels. And they do not leap out of the St. Croix river and slap you in the head at twenty knots.
There is an overabundance of them out my way. I'm told they are not indigenous to the area, that the Tarheels who migrated into the mining and logging camps in the 1800's brought them along, as they like to eat them.

Don't know, but I I do know they are bothersome little critters.

One got into the neighbors hen house. Took up permanent residence, eating all the eggs the hens laid. I had been buying eggs from my neighbor and when she told me the hens had stopped laying I went over to investigate. Sure enough there was this possum, dang thing had made a nest in the hen house.

The neighbor asked me if I could get rid of it for her, with a promise of free eggs for a few months.

Sure, no problem!

I went home and got my Ruger 357 Magnum Six Shooter. Complete with hollowpoint magnum rounds.

Overkill, I know.

When I got back to the hen house the door was locked, so I looked in the small opening the chickens used. There was the possum, just about 3 feet inside the door. I pointed the pistol right at the hissing little monster, about 6 inches from his mouth, and squeezed the trigger.

Damn thing ate the first round and kept hissing at me! Man, they have a mouthfull of sharp, pointy teeth!

So I squeezed the trigger 5 more times.

The sound was deafening.

He thrashed about for a minute or two and then it got real quiet.

Oh, and the chickens were inside the coop too.

They didn't lay another egg for about 3 months.

Oops!

Well the possum problem was solved!

And since I had to buy store bought eggs for awhile I don't have enough money for a K3.
01-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #3791
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,499
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
That`s raw shit, only good for worms and instant diet.
edit: raw fish
Actually it is not all raw. The tako (octopus) is steamed. The unagi (eel) is cooked, tastes like rainbow trout. The tomago (kind of an omelet made with eggs) is fully cooked. The shrimp is also cooked.

Oh, and there is no shit in that picture.
01-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #3792
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,499
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Oh man, Walleyes, there's some over there in the frozen lake, but it's 30 below... I can't stand it.
Ya gotta take your shack out there on the lake, cut a hole in the ice, and the drop in a line!
01-24-2014, 08:21 PM   #3793
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,389
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
There is an overabundance of them out my way. I'm told they are not indigenous to the area, that the Tarheels who migrated into the mining and logging camps in the 1800's brought them along, as they like to eat them.

Don't know, but I I do know they are bothersome little critters.

One got into the neighbors hen house. Took up permanent residence, eating all the eggs the hens laid. I had been buying eggs from my neighbor and when she told me the hens had stopped laying I went over to investigate. Sure enough there was this possum, dang thing had made a nest in the hen house.

The neighbor asked me if I could get rid of it for her, with a promise of free eggs for a few months.

Sure, no problem!

I went home and got my Ruger 357 Magnum Six Shooter. Complete with hollowpoint magnum rounds.

Overkill, I know.

When I got back to the hen house the door was locked, so I looked in the small opening the chickens used. There was the possum, just about 3 feet inside the door. I pointed the pistol right at the hissing little monster, about 6 inches from his mouth, and squeezed the trigger.

Damn thing ate the first round and kept hissing at me! Man, they have a mouthfull of sharp, pointy teeth!

So I squeezed the trigger 5 more times.

The sound was deafening.

He thrashed about for a minute or two and then it got real quiet.

Oh, and the chickens were inside the coop too.

They didn't lay another egg for about 3 months.

Oops!

Well the possum problem was solved!

And since I had to buy store bought eggs for awhile I don't have enough money for a K3.
A friend who lived for a while in my basement before I bought the house, told me he came home and there was a skunk barring the basement door where he usually entered, so he decided to shoot it. He was a Brinks Security guard and actually owned about 35 hand guns (yes if you have the right job you can legally own hand guns in Canada).. he ran through the upstairs door four or five times trying to make up his mind which gun to shoot it with, by the time he'd made his "final decision" The skunk was long gone.
01-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #3794
Veteran Member
Joel B's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,336
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
A friend who lived for a while in my basement before I bought the house, told me he came home and there was a skunk barring the basement door where he usually entered, so he decided to shoot it. He was a Brinks Security guard and actually owned about 35 hand guns (yes if you have the right job you can legally own hand guns in Canada).. he ran through the upstairs door four or five times trying to make up his mind which gun to shoot it with, by the time he'd made his "final decision" The skunk was long gone.
It's a good thing he didn't shoot it or you probably would be living in another house!! They tend to go off like a bomb when shot! What about all the poor suckers that don't have the right job?? Oh yeah, walking happy meals for bears!!!
01-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #3795
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,499
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Better yet... ever drop a depth-charge into a school of cod on gulf of Finland. We did...had to pick them all up from the water and take them to the shore for processing, something in the law about "waste not".
Reminds me of a story . . . . . . .

No one in town could catch any fish except Bubba. The game warden asked him how he did it. Bubba told the game warden that he would take him fishing the next day. Once they got to the middle of the lake Bubba reached into the tackle box, took out a stick of dynamite, lit it, and threw it in the water. After the explosion fish started floating to the top of the water. Then Bubba took out a net and started picking up the fish.

The game warden exclaimed, "Bubba! That is illegal!"

Bubba calmly took out another stick of dynamite and lit it. He then handed it to the game warden and asked, "Warden, you gonna talk, or you gonna fish?"

Since I have so many fish to clean I don't have time for a K3.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:09 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top