Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
07-09-2017, 08:24 AM - 1 Like   #38251
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
The sun's just above the horizon here, gonna be another hot one, nearing 100F by mid week.
Summer sucks, winter sucks, wish spring and fall were each 6 months long.
They almost are in the Great Pacific Northwet.

Our summer is finally here. Sunny, highs around 26°C to 29°C, overnight lows around 10°C to 12°C. Been on for a couple weeks now, and looking to last into August for a change.

Then the cooler temps should return.

Like summer, winter is mild, with the odd few days or a week of sub 0°C temps and maybe some snow. And for the adventurous types the mountains are a short drive and provide ample options for fun and recreation year 'round.

And no hard water.

07-09-2017, 08:32 AM - 1 Like   #38252
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Nice to see that conservation was a consideration even back then.

Steel, concrete and fiberglass are seeing increasing use here as alternatives to wood for poles and crossarms.

Actually the history of the Stobie pole is a bit different. South Australia does not have any common tree growing with suitable properties to be a power line pole. They all would have been imported from another state, which made it cheaper to build steel and concrete. Stobie was one of their engineers who designed it. It got a patent, but I think there was no value in the patent because no-one else anywhere wanted to use them, at least during the life of the patent - except for the railways which had six 100 foot high poles at the Mile End freight yards as light poles. Went to school with the grandson of the original Stobie.
07-09-2017, 08:37 AM   #38253
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Sorry! Have been busy. A weekend of soccer (not me - my son), painting, cycling, watching the Lions vs the All Blacks, dinner with friends, cycling, painting, running (not me - my wife), teaching my daughter to parallel park, painting, making dinner while waiting for my wife to get back from running on team bus. I need a weekend!!!

What do you think of the draw in the test series B&I Lions vs ABs.

News here is talking like it is a let down that there was no winner - should have been extra time, or coaches playing paper, scissors rock. But I think it is more like a tied cricket test, a real achievement where people will brag they were here, or part of it, because it is so rare.

Glad to see you name soccer properly, not with the vague 'football' that does not distinguish which brand of football: soccer, union, Aussie rule, league, American, Gaelic.
07-09-2017, 08:43 AM - 5 Likes   #38254
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

07-09-2017, 09:11 AM - 2 Likes   #38255
Veteran Member

Well that's me off!

As promised (I recommend you at least listen to the first one):

Don't complain about hating bagpipes and etc. as I'm logging off now; see you in six weeks.
07-09-2017, 09:32 AM   #38256
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
see you in six weeks.
not if we hear you first.
bon voyage !!
07-09-2017, 09:47 AM   #38257
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Well that's me off!

As promised (I recommend you at least listen to the first one):
Have fun Bert and be safe! I'm gonna pass on listening to that first one or any other one.....for sure until I am completely cured. Couldn't bare to have to tell my docs I was doing good until I tuned in some pipes. Got all kind of docs now....don't need to add a psychiatrist.

Maybe Bob will open it? I don't think I'd be holding my breath though! He'd probably rather grill a skunk than hear those horrific sounds.

Regards!....we will miss you, but not your links!

07-09-2017, 10:08 AM   #38258
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

The first one was actually pretty good.
07-09-2017, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #38259
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Don't do it Bob.....don't open it....it looks like a trick. Just ask yourself....when have you heard one that was "pretty good"? See what I mean!
07-09-2017, 11:26 AM - 1 Like   #38260
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Don't do it Bob.....don't open it....it looks like a trick.
Don't worry, not gonna happen, can't trust those damn Canucks, they stick together like flies on flypaper.
eh?
07-09-2017, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #38261
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Go Jays, eh?
07-09-2017, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #38262
Pentaxian

Poor guy. (Kermit)
07-09-2017, 03:16 PM   #38263
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like i have this thread all to myself, so to hellwidit, I'll post last night's cook pics.
Gosh Rob! I've not seen one of those toastie pie makers in years. My parents had one - no idea what happened to it.
07-09-2017, 03:18 PM   #38264
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got a text from my son yesterday that he finished the Tour de Donut, and his wife and mother-in-law did the Tour de Donut Hole.
Said he only ate 3 donuts and they take 5 minutes off your time for each one eaten.
The winner ate 37 and finished with a negative 13 minutes.
Home of the Original Tour de Donut
It seems some take it rather seriously and eat none! I'd be game for the Tour de Donut. A good distance and donuts - what's not to like!
07-09-2017, 03:22 PM   #38265
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
What do you think of the draw in the test series B&I Lions vs ABs.

News here is talking like it is a let down that there was no winner - should have been extra time, or coaches playing paper, scissors rock. But I think it is more like a tied cricket test, a real achievement where people will brag they were here, or part of it, because it is so rare.

Glad to see you name soccer properly, not with the vague 'football' that does not distinguish which brand of football: soccer, union, Aussie rule, league, American, Gaelic.
No-one here is happy with the result, that's for sure. But they don't have extra time with rugby, so that's that. (Except for injury time) I think the Lions were a more formidable force than anyone (here) thought.

I seem to annoy my English friends when I call it soccer but it's been soccer where I come from for as long as I remember, so it's stuck!