Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2017, 08:04 PM   #38401
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Racer,

Perfectly easy solution to your problem.

Build a multi billion dollar race track in your back yard and convince NASCAR to come up there a few times a year. And hold a few races every year for electric cars only. Think of how exciting the pit stops will be when the cars stop to get their batteries recharged. Plus your track will qualify as "green". Get government grants by promising all the jobs this will create. Then get the utilities upgraded so that the fiber line goes by your house. Even of the project fails, you will still have a great place to play with your toys and great internet service. Since no one expects all these government promised jobs to materialize anyway you can blame it all on the politicians.
It will also have to have a road course.

I'm a road racer after all.

07-13-2017, 07:02 AM - 1 Like   #38402
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well that covers everything, some things more than once, some things many times.
Time to go replace my TP roll, loose end over, not under.
07-13-2017, 08:06 AM - 2 Likes   #38403
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Time to go replace my TP roll, loose end over, not under.
Could start a war with that. Over the years I've been in thousands of homes, and the difference between over/under people is more significant than that between a left wing radical and a right wing radical. You can learn almost all you need to know about someone with that roll of toilet paper or paper towels. Better than a personality test...better than a Rorschach test. Over the years it has proven almost 100% accurate.Once I was working at a home where the lady just did not fit the profile of an "under" person and I was perplexed as to how this could be? Turns out she was not the owner/occupant...she was a neighbor standing in for my appointment until the owner got in from work.

I'm not going to comment further, but if anyone needs some enemies...feel free to open up and fire away!

One other thing I learned over the years. A person's real wealth can very often be measured in the quality of paper towels they use. I'd say it was about an 80% accurate indicator.

Regards!...Over and out!

BTW- Aldis has high quality paper towels. I like the 2/pack Pick-A-Size. They are not really a big bargain at $2.49 a 2/pack, but I get a couple of them every time I am there. Can't be out of paper towels! I use them for everything. Shopping at Aldis...another indicator of true wealth.....I see some of my wealthiest old customers in there all the time! Some could buy and sell me with pocket change..... they never get tired of good value.
07-13-2017, 08:59 AM - 1 Like   #38404
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree that the loose end absolutely must be over, not under. Nothing will be right with the world if it isn't.

Also, only 2 ply, never one. You just have to use 3 times as much when single ply is on the roll.

Especially if it is loose end under.

No doubt about it, eh?

07-13-2017, 09:00 AM - 1 Like   #38405
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh, one more thing.

No job is complete until the paperwork is finished.
07-13-2017, 09:34 AM   #38406
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Over the years I've been in thousands of homes, and the difference between over/under people is more significant than that between a left wing radical and a right wing radical. You can learn almost all you need to know about someone with that roll of toilet paper or paper towels. Better than a personality test...better than a Rorschach test. Over the years it has proven almost 100% accurate
I noticed you didn't go out on a limb, or up on a roof, to tell us what over or under personalities are like.
If memory serves me right, over/under has been discussed here before, just like everything else.
07-13-2017, 09:36 AM - 3 Likes   #38407
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I agree that the loose end absolutely must be over, not under. Nothing will be right with the world if it isn't.
Yep, and you can deduce a ton of information just from that statement.

My oldest younger sister got into an "under" mode when she was about 6-8 and kept changing every roll in the house to suit her misguided order. My Mom finally confined her to her room and stopped all privileges until she agreed to stop it...and admit that she was "backwards thinking". She held out for a few days but finally conceded. As soon as she got married and moved out she reverted back to her backwards ways.......and if I wrote her life story you would know she was an "under" achiever.

What causes this? My Mom said it was a genetic defect.....could be I guess?

Regards!

---------- Post added 07-13-17 at 11:41 AM ----------

I noticed you didn't go out on a limb, or up on a roof, to tell us what over or under personalities are like.
If memory serves me right, over/under has been discussed here before, just like everything else.
That's the great thing about this thread.....most of us here are old or of unsound minds (or we wouldn't be here!) so things get discussed over and over and we don't even notice it!

Just stick around.....it won't be anytime until someone is bringing up bacon......and I'm pretty sure it has already been discussed a time or two?

Regards!

07-13-2017, 09:42 AM - 3 Likes   #38408
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

She was switched at birth.

Not even your real sister.

Probably an alien from another planet, sent to destroy Earth, and the Human Race.
07-13-2017, 10:07 AM - 2 Likes   #38409
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

"It aint over 'til it's over ~Yogi Berra

I don't think the great philosopher was, in this case, talking about baseball.
I'm sure he was talking about toilet paper.
07-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #38410
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

@Rupert

Get off of the phone!
07-13-2017, 11:10 AM   #38411
Veteran Member

Yep, and you can deduce a ton of information just from that statement.

My oldest younger sister got into an "under" mode when she was about 6-8 and kept changing every roll in the house to suit her misguided order. My Mom finally confined her to her room and stopped all privileges until she agreed to stop it...and admit that she was "backwards thinking". She held out for a few days but finally conceded. As soon as she got married and moved out she reverted back to her backwards ways.......and if I wrote her life story you would know she was an "under" achiever.

Regards!

---------- Post added 07-13-17 at 11:41 AM ----------

That's the great thing about this thread.....most of us here are old or of unsound minds (or we wouldn't be here!) so things get discussed over and over and we don't even notice it!

Just stick around.....it won't be anytime until someone is bringing up bacon......and I'm pretty sure it has already been discussed a time or two?

Regards!
suffer from chronic CRS and everything is always new
07-13-2017, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #38412
Veteran Member

My daughter and family are underers, but they have cats.

This is how the TP inventor planned it.

07-13-2017, 12:06 PM - 2 Likes   #38413
Veteran Member

Summer cabin fever here, 100F the last 2 days, 90F now with a heat index of 100.
I have a slab of bacon getting all smoked up with pecan wood and need damn little burning charcoal in this heat.

Baby blue Weber kettle on eBay update, it's up to $710, 1,469 views, 71 watchers.
Auction runs until this Saturday.
07-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #38414
Veteran Member

She was switched at birth.

Not even your real sister.

Probably an alien from another planet, sent to destroy Earth, and the Human Race.
Just wait until I tell my Mom all that, she will be so excited! I think she may have always suspected it?

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Get off of the phone!
Haven't been on the phone? Took a nappy at 12:30 and just woke up about 20 minutes ago.

Summer cabin fever here, 100F the last 2 days, 90F now with a heat index of 100.
Same here....I can't even think of going out in the high humidity, I'd suffocate in no time.

Doesn't seem to bother the damn squirrels much?

"Bring me a cold beer!.....life is good around here!"

Regards!
07-13-2017, 01:53 PM - 2 Likes   #38415
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I've seen worse.

Once met a nice looking gal at a party. She seemed to have an interest in me, so I laid on the Racer Charm, and made a move.

Things were going along well, it was looking like the evening may just have a great ending. So I was just about to plant a liplock on her to seal the deal when she turned her head and spit.

That was when I noticed she chewed tobacco.

Took all my resolve to keep from giving up the beer that I had been drinking, or the cheeseburger from earlier in the evening. I excused myself on the premise of a need to get rid of rented beer, and then slipped out the back way, never to be seen again in those parts.
Did you have a nightmare, hon?