Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2017, 05:00 AM - 2 Likes   #39031
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
On the plus side it's good the condition is known and precautions are being taken.
Yep, at least you are not caught by surprise like might have happened a century ago. Modern meds can make all the difference. My 90 year old Mom recently had her heart "reset" due to rapid heart beat. It worked on the first attempt. They say it sometimes takes several attempts. She is fine now. I inherited a condition from her that can drive me insane....my heart skips every 4th beat. It has been diagnosed as not dangerous and is treated with atenolol. If I forget my dosage a couple of times it will start skipping and I am uncomfortably aware of it.

We fall apart......as we get older we fall apart faster. It's tough. I don't like it one damn little bit. The hassle is the worst part.....this week ..tests.. exams....CT scans....it is all a pain and takes up a lot of time when you don't really feel like dealing with it. At some point I am going to say "enough" and just stop it all and let whatever happens happen. I'm getting damn close now.

Regards! & Keep up the grilling...there is no life without grilling.

08-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #39032
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yep, at least you are not caught by surprise like might have happened a century ago. Modern meds can make all the difference. My 90 year old Mom recently had her heart "reset" due to rapid heart beat. It worked on the first attempt. They say it sometimes takes several attempts. She is fine now. I inherited a condition from her that can drive me insane....my heart skips every 4th beat. It has been diagnosed as not dangerous and is treated with atenolol. If I forget my dosage a couple of times it will start skipping and I am uncomfortably aware of it.

We fall apart......as we get older we fall apart faster. It's tough. I don't like it one damn little bit. The hassle is the worst part.....this week ..tests.. exams....CT scans....it is all a pain and takes up a lot of time when you don't really feel like dealing with it. At some point I am going to say "enough" and just stop it all and let whatever happens happen. I'm getting damn close now.

Regards! & Keep up the grilling...there is no life without grilling.
The ectopic beats. If they get to 2 out of 5 I feel balance impaired. Slowest heart beat I ever had was 34. At least I was in a procedure recovery room so help was nearby.
08-01-2017, 03:23 PM   #39033
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

34! That's practically standing still!
08-01-2017, 03:57 PM - 3 Likes   #39034
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
The ectopic beats. If they get to 2 out of 5 I feel balance impaired. Slowest heart beat I ever had was 34. At least I was in a procedure recovery room so help was nearby.
Perhaps carrying a emergency photo of some lovely ladies eating bacon is a temporary solution if the need arises? On a more serious note; I am glad you are aware of the situation and the proper steps are being taken.

08-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #39035
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Clackers, it is good.

Seems to work better than NHS, which I recall was part of the inspiration.
Number 2 in the world to the NHS, if we're to believe this report the other week ...

NHS ranked 'number one' health system - BBC News

There's a lot of moaning about the NHS (Brits I know laughingly say they're Number One in the world at the art of complaining!), which like all health systems could do with a cash injection to maintain standards.
08-01-2017, 05:21 PM - 1 Like   #39036
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Number 2 in the world to the NHS, if we're to believe this report the other week ...

There's a lot of moaning about the NHS (Brits I know laughingly say they're Number One in the world at the art of complaining!), which like all health systems could do with a cash injection to maintain standards.
I see we're 4th (jointly with Norway)
08-01-2017, 07:17 PM - 1 Like   #39037
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
. . . . . . . which like all health systems could do with a cash injection to maintain standards.
Well there is nothing keeping one from flipping the doc $50 now and again at the conclusion of a visit.

08-01-2017, 07:22 PM - 1 Like   #39038
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Well there is nothing keeping one from flipping the doc $50 now and again at the conclusion of a visit.
No need for that. CT scans, etc are all free. (Or paid for with our taxes anyways.)
08-01-2017, 07:51 PM - 2 Likes   #39039
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
"And here's a little extra, Doc ... treat the missus to something nice. Happy wife, happy life!"

I want to chomp on a cigar while saying that.
08-01-2017, 11:15 PM - 2 Likes   #39040
Pentaxian

I remember seeing that. Listen to the beeb and you would never think that.

Not for nothing the epithet often used for those from there.

Just went past the tram bridge over the train at Goodwood. They repainted it. The graphito 'all the way with LBJ' is now gone. That was the place I took my first ever photo, on a hot bright afternoon just after I finished school. Sorry, photo memory triggered by a train ride.
08-01-2017, 11:18 PM   #39041
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
34! That's practically standing still!
Normally it is near 50.
08-01-2017, 11:20 PM   #39042
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

The graphito 'all the way with LBJ' is now gone.
'Graffito', surely.
08-02-2017, 12:06 AM   #39043
dbs
Pentaxian

I remember seeing that. Listen to the beeb and you would never think that.

Not for nothing the epithet often used for those from there.

Just went past the tram bridge over the train at Goodwood. They repainted it. The graphito 'all the way with LBJ' is now gone. That was the place I took my first ever photo, on a hot bright afternoon just after I finished school. Sorry, photo memory triggered by a train ride.
Tim is that Adelaide's Goodwood station?

Dave
08-02-2017, 02:36 AM - 3 Likes   #39044
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Brits I know laughingly say they're Number One in the world at the art of complaining!
Oh, I'm fairly confident the Brits won't stand a chance against Norwegians. As their real concerns get fewer and fewer people seem to get desperate in their attempts at being miserable

I guess a #firstworldproblems tag is appropriate here

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I see we're 4th (jointly with Norway)
Oh well, we beat the Swedish and that's all that counts
08-02-2017, 02:39 AM - 2 Likes   #39045
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

"And here's a little extra, Doc ... treat the missus to something nice. Happy wife, happy life!"

I want to chomp on a cigar while saying that.
Lighting it with a $100 bill?