Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108808 Likes Search this Thread
08-07-2017, 01:42 PM - 1 Like   #39181
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Tofu is a four letter word.
What kind of sick pervert would grill tofu....or eat it?

Just got back from the Pulmonologist/CT Scan results....not a good report really. In my 3rd month of this ordeal, the pneumonia in my right lung is worse, not better. The left lung is clear and normal. There also appears to be some damage in the right lung of unknown source...perhaps by the pneumonia itself or maybe something worse.

I go next week for a scope reading and to drain my right lung which is full of fluid in the lower half....and why I am having such a problem breathing in this humid air. This will be a surgical type procedure and should give me some relief. He also gave me some new meds to see if it will ease my congestion.

I left there and went to Aldis. For the first time I was not sure I would make it to my Jeep with the groceries....it is 85% humidity and 94F out there and I just almost fell over...but I did make it!

I have no idea what is next....but it is not looking favorable in my view. We deal with things....the best we can. No one is immune from the decay and decline of our bodies......some last longer than others, but in the scope of relativity the difference is barely measurable. My Granddad lived to be 97 3/4 ...he always said he would die young like his mother...she died at 98 1/2. His Dad was 101 when he died. See....these are all just numbers now.....they don't matter much, and in reality they never did.

What matters......I've lived this way....no regrets for it.....If you haven't, it's not too late, but at some point it will be.

Life has given me some wonderful desserts, amazing really...no complaints from Rupert!

Best Regards!

08-07-2017, 02:29 PM - 1 Like   #39182
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Rupert, I'm sure you'll be much better after they draw off that fluid. Thinking of you.
97-101! Some good genes there.
08-07-2017, 02:37 PM - 1 Like   #39183
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
In my 3rd month of this ordeal, the pneumonia in my right lung is worse, not better.
I left there and went to Aldis. For the first time I was not sure I would make it to my Jeep with the groceries....it is 85% humidity and 94F out there and I just almost fell over
As a friend may I suggest something?
Stop pushing yourself you stubborn old goat!
Hoping like hell you get some major relief and cured real soon, no not cured like bacon, cured as in healthy again.
Best of thoughts and wishes sent your way.
08-07-2017, 02:57 PM - 2 Likes   #39184
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Rupert, I'm sure you'll be much better after they draw off that fluid. Thinking of you.
As a friend may I suggest something?
Stop pushing yourself you stubborn old goat!
Hoping like hell you get some major relief and cured real soon, no not cured like bacon, cured as in healthy again.
Best of thoughts and wishes sent your way.
As always I thank and greatly appreciate all you guys here. You have been a real comfort to me through some tough times and it has been appreciated more than I can describe.

I have not given in or given up...there is some hope, though this is a serious situation according to the Doc. My left lung is very good, no problem......that does leave an option if the worst does materialize. After my first visit to this Doc I was not impressed, but this time he was very thorough and informative and gladly took and answered every question I had for him. He is Indian, and I've had several Indian Docs I did respect and trust......this may be one more. He also threw in..."If there is a way to make you better and in more comfort, I will find it." That boosted my trust considerably.
Mrs Rupert will not like this news tonight....nor will my Mom. They're tough, they will handle it too.

Best Regards!

08-07-2017, 02:59 PM   #39185
Veteran Member

What kind of sick pervert would grill tofu....or eat it?

Just got back from the Pulmonologist/CT Scan results....not a good report really. In my 3rd month of this ordeal, the pneumonia in my right lung is worse, not better. The left lung is clear and normal. There also appears to be some damage in the right lung of unknown source...perhaps by the pneumonia itself or maybe something worse.

I go next week for a scope reading and to drain my right lung which is full of fluid in the lower half....and why I am having such a problem breathing in this humid air. This will be a surgical type procedure and should give me some relief. He also gave me some new meds to see if it will ease my congestion.

I left there and went to Aldis. For the first time I was not sure I would make it to my Jeep with the groceries....it is 85% humidity and 94F out there and I just almost fell over...but I did make it!

I have no idea what is next....but it is not looking favorable in my view. We deal with things....the best we can. No one is immune from the decay and decline of our bodies......some last longer than others, but in the scope of relativity the difference is barely measurable. My Granddad lived to be 97 3/4 ...he always said he would die young like his mother...she died at 98 1/2. His Dad was 101 when he died. See....these are all just numbers now.....they don't matter much, and in reality they never did.

What matters......I've lived this way....no regrets for it.....If you haven't, it's not too late, but at some point it will be.

Life has given me some wonderful desserts, amazing really...no complaints from Rupert!

Best Regards!
my grandfather was gassed in ww1
he lived into his eighties with some fraction of one lung

he worked as a civil engineer in Alaska after the war
then through the west after that
none of that behind a desk

he was an unrelenting bastard for the twenty five years I knew him

maybe if you embrace your inner mean all will be well

as to the pervert thing...perhaps not perverse but open-minded?
08-07-2017, 03:09 PM - 3 Likes   #39186
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Tofu is a four letter word.
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
So is "work"
I'd rather work than eat tofu.
08-07-2017, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #39187
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Best Regards!
That saddens and worries me, Jim.
Prayers are certainly in order here.

08-07-2017, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #39188
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As always I thank and greatly appreciate all you guys here. You have been a real comfort to me through some tough times and it has been appreciated more than I can describe.

I have not given in or given up...there is some hope, though this is a serious situation according to the Doc. My left lung is very good, no problem......that does leave an option if the worst does materialize. After my first visit to this Doc I was not impressed, but this time he was very thorough and informative and gladly took and answered every question I had for him. He is Indian, and I've had several Indian Docs I did respect and trust......this may be one more. He also threw in..."If there is a way to make you better and in more comfort, I will find it." That boosted my trust considerably.
Mrs Rupert will not like this news tonight....nor will my Mom. They're tough, they will handle it too.

Best Regards!
Wishing you the best sir!
08-07-2017, 06:24 PM   #39189
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Rupert, you sound stunned by this news. Such a change from your usual self. Listen to your mom and Mrs Rupert. From what you have said about them, over a long time, they will have more than just soothing words.
08-07-2017, 07:45 PM   #39190
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I'd rather work than eat tofu.
Yep, me too...it is worse than rice cakes.

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That saddens and worries me, Jim.
Prayers are certainly in order here.
Thanks Jim.....I could probably use some prayers. In fact all of us could.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Wishing you the best sir!
Thank you!
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Rupert, you sound stunned by this news. Such a change from your usual self.
Not really stunned.....for the past month or so I have really been struggling an have felt that I have not been getting better...but worse. So this is no real surprise to me and is a relief to find that there is a reason I have felt like I have. Could be that this will lead to some real improvement ...or it could be the beginning of the end. Either way I need some relief, the misery is very hard to handle at times. When you are gasping for air, you know misery.

No one here will avoid some similar situation in life for themselves or a loved one. Perhaps being hit by a truck and killed instantly would be a better ending, but I don't think any of us would choose that either? I am a total realist...we live....we die....it is very simple. You can go into the philosophical aspects of it.....men have since the beginning of time, but it has never changed the reality of it. It isn't scary or even all that sad...if you have lived. I have lived. My sympathy is for those that never had the same opportunities I have had and never knew the joys I have known and the love of friends and family I have always felt. We know that most of the world does not enjoy this sort of wonderful, but we wish they did.

I think most of us regulars in this thread have had some good lives....and are as thankful as I am for it. I certainly hope that is the case. Might be a good time to reflect on our good fortune and our great luck to all come together in this thread.....maybe it hasn't been just by chance?

Best Regards!

Feel free to move along .....or as Otis put it...."If old Rupert croaks, I get the 50# bag of roasted peanuts in his shop...you guys can have his K1 and all that camera junk he has accumulated, maybe you can do better with it than he did?"
08-07-2017, 08:03 PM - 1 Like   #39191
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
That's one of the things making this thread so great, no topic to go off of.
Careful.

You're getting off topic there.
08-07-2017, 08:03 PM   #39192
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep, I owe my vast array of knowledge to this thread, and it appears than many others here do too. Though we are not braggarts here, we are the "Elite" of PForums. We have all the answers and all the questions, not to mention the great food and beverages found nowhere else on the site in such abundance!
Bacon and cheddar.

I forgot the question.
08-07-2017, 08:04 PM   #39193
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Yet another thing ruined by the cellphone pandemic.
I'll drink to that.
08-07-2017, 08:13 PM - 1 Like   #39194
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
the strips when cooked dry enough turn into bean jerky...a travesty but still quite tasty
Bean Jerky.

We have attained new heights.
08-07-2017, 08:26 PM   #39195
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Just got back from the Pulmonologist/CT Scan results....
Best wishes Jim.