Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
08-10-2017, 04:56 AM - 1 Like   #39241
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
BTW: why do the Americans not call the rooms in a hotel where the guests sleep restrooms?

08-10-2017, 05:04 AM   #39242
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
BTW: why do the Americans not call the rooms in a hotel where the guests sleep restrooms?
I guess their definition of 'to have a rest' is different?
08-10-2017, 05:18 AM - 2 Likes   #39243
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lots of potty talk going on here.
08-10-2017, 05:20 AM - 2 Likes   #39244
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Potty? I certainly won't have my rest on a potty.

08-10-2017, 05:22 AM - 6 Likes   #39245
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Lots of potty talk going on here.

In loo of other topics.
08-10-2017, 05:43 AM - 1 Like   #39246
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Not sure jealous is the right word here.

I'm off to get me some Canada Dry!
Michigan has a long border with Ontario (all of it wet), but Canada Dry is not the primary choice. I suffer through it when I have to, but here we drink: Vernors
Attached Images

08-10-2017, 05:43 AM - 2 Likes   #39247
Veteran Member

someplace out west I saw hotel rooms called sleeping rooms

as to euphemisms for crappers, dunnies, loos, water closets, rest rooms.... you've got call them something and most of us are much too delicate and sensitive (perhaps polite) to call them what they are

08-10-2017, 05:44 AM - 2 Likes   #39248
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
In loo of other topics.
Maybe we should head in another direction.
08-10-2017, 05:52 AM   #39249
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
Michigan has a long border with Ontario (all of it wet), but Canada Dry is not the primary choice. I suffer through it when I have to, but here we drink: Vernors
My first taste of Vernors was in the 1950's while visiting relatives in Flint.
It's available here, and I guess most other states, now.
08-10-2017, 05:53 AM - 1 Like   #39250
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Rupert's report of observation and correlation of life of the owners is supported.

1. Most of the houses I went into had the roll placed in the over position.
2. The one house where I saw it in the under position, the occupier had a more pedestrian lifestyle and success than the ones in the over position.

So does this tell us:
1. That more people are at least moderately dynamic, and try to take initiative in their life.
2. That I tend to hang out with people who are at least a bit dynamic.
There is one more little observation that I have made in my many trips inside customers homes. Paper towels. The higher the grade of paper towels, the better off the occupant is financially. No paper towels means your bill had better be low or you might have a problem collecting. Good quality paper towels and you have no worry. Low quality is somewhere in the middle.....leaning toward a "budget" lifestyle.

BTW
- Aldis has big rolls of "Pik-A-Size" paper towels @ $2.49 for the twin pack. Yes, there are plenty of cheaper paper towels, but these are very high quality. Once you get addicted to them you don't want anything else. I do the cooking and use a ton of paper towels while preparing meals as well as after meal clean-ups. Much more sanitary than using cloth kitchen towels that get dirty fast and need to be washed.

Regards! ...That's probably all of the "Rupert Wisdom" for today.......I'm feeling a little "wisdom short" lately. I think the world has gone upside down and inside out....or I have?

Oh yeah....I forgot about this.....FAKE ADVERTISEMENTS

Yesterday I was on Yahoo, a great place to instigate trouble in your own mind or to raise your blood pressure 40 points if it falls a little low. They have something for everyone......from politicians to perverts, they have it all.

So I am looking over the trash to see if there is anything interesting and I see this supposedly informative article on the 10 best BBQ grills. Hoping to see some of Bob's famous grills, I clicked on the story and went through the 10 grills. Not a damn one of them was a Weber! What the hell??? These people are now posting Fake Ads to lure unsuspecting buyers into all kinds of funky grills (one round green one...fat and ugly...weighed 162 pounds!)...no one could steal it...but no one would want to! A grill that looks like a fat green toad??? Maybe you roast June bugs on it for fun?

Anyhow, be careful out there, Fake Ads are the latest marketing wonder. Such a shame....I always trusted the TV,newspaper, and radio ads and now I feel like I have lost the last bastion of honesty and truth. Thank goodness for this thread where we can trust what we read without hesitation.
08-10-2017, 05:55 AM - 2 Likes   #39251
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
most of us are much too delicate and sensitive (perhaps polite) to call them what they are
08-10-2017, 06:04 AM - 1 Like   #39252
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
A grill that looks like a fat green toad?
That would be the Big Green Egg, aka BGE.
They're expensive compared to most Weber grills, and a status symbol for many of the owners.

08-10-2017, 06:07 AM - 1 Like   #39253
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Originally posted by JimJohnson
My first taste of Vernors was in the 1950's while visiting relatives in Flint.
It's available here, and I guess most other states, now.
Growing up, I remember driving by the Vernors plant in Detroit with the huge glass windows through which you could see the oak aging barrels. Both Canada Dry and Vernors are owned by the same company these days, whoose headquarters is in Plano, Texas. Your turn Rupert.
08-10-2017, 06:19 AM   #39254
Veteran Member

Sad time for classic car lovers, about 150 of them burned Tuesday night along old Route 66 in Illinois.
Massive fire damages Staunton's Country Classic Cars | Illinois | stltoday.com

08-10-2017, 06:53 AM   #39255
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Sad time for classic car lovers, about 150 of them burned Tuesday night along old Route 66 in Illinois.
I clicked that link and also saw this....."Vendors may be selling 'fake' solar eclipse glasses. Here's how to make sure yours are real."

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Fake ads!

Too bad about those cars.....I'm sure he had plenty of insurance on them......you wanna bet?

Regards!