Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
09-03-2017, 08:14 AM - 1 Like   #40081
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Drinking age here is 18 for beer and wine, 20 for liqour.

In theory.

09-03-2017, 09:29 AM   #40082
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Nope. But I did notice the "Brokeback Mountain" moment you and Bob had back there
Must have been your imagination taking you in that direction?......Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you!

Age doesn't seem to make much difference here. As far back as I can recall kids as young as 16 were drinking booze. I think they still are? Sure don't condone it, I lost a few good friends and a girlfriend in High School due to accidents caused by their drinking. Nowadays with the opioid epidemic, death comes much quicker and much more often. Pretty scary stuff. I see/hear a lot of talk about treatment......what about prevention? Somehow we are failing when we can't get the dangers across to so many when the obvious is so crystal clear?
I see a lot of young people with no hope......adults too. That is so sad. We are failing somewhere....what do you think?

Regards!
09-03-2017, 09:46 AM   #40083
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
So lack of respect for my ancestry is OK?
Guess this was over my head, but then again, my antenna doesn't pick up all the channels.
09-03-2017, 09:47 AM   #40084
Veteran Member

But I did notice the "Brokeback Mountain" moment you and Bob had back there
Guess this went over my head, but then again, I'm about a half bubble off plumb.

09-03-2017, 10:19 AM - 1 Like   #40085
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Guess this went over my head, but then again, I'm about a half bubble off plumb.
Ok, ok, I guess it was Rupert having his moment, but you still shouldn't be so insensitive to other people's feelings
09-03-2017, 10:21 AM   #40086
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

Filtered cigarette
Just a prop.

.....I smoked Camel and Lucky Strike in the 1st grade, but had no problem with filtered cigs....my girlfriends all smoked them.
I don't smoke. Bad, nasty habit.

I would make the tough kids eat my prop cigarettes. Filter and all.

Kissing girls that smoked was like licking an ashtray. Yuck.
09-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #40087
Veteran Member

my antenna doesn't pick up all the channels.
I was going to mention this the other day but forgot it.....I read where pacemakers can be hacked? Is that something you are aware of, or is it just old news being rehashed on Yahoo? That could be pretty scary.
I recall when my Granddads battery went dead once and he had to work hard to keep his heart beating enough for Mrs Rupert to get over there and take him to the hospital. They found it was a defective battery.

Most of my problems are in my brain.....and my right lung. If I don't take my Atenolol for two days, my heart will skip every 4th beat. Not a serious problem, but can drive me insane(er).

Regards!

09-03-2017, 10:24 AM - 1 Like   #40088
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Still is. Luckily fewer and fewer smoke.
09-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #40089
Veteran Member

I don't smoke. Bad, nasty habit.
Agree....I quit years ago, but regret every one I smoked. Nasty habit and costly in so many ways.

My girls brushed with Brillo pads and rinsed with 100 Proof Vodka....and they swallowed! Sweet!

Regards!
09-03-2017, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #40090
Veteran Member

but you still shouldn't be so insensitive to other people's feelings
I apologize if I stepped over the line, guess I took this too seriously?:
Warning: Satire Thread
Still not sure how this all came about, but then again, I'm a few peas short of a casserole.

In my defense, I tried to get us back on topic by showing my Twinkie wrapped in bacon.
09-03-2017, 12:08 PM   #40091
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Don't want to get too philosophical, and certainly not argumentative, but education, in theory at least, is a significant contributor to equal opportunity. It cannot compensate for obscene disparities in wealth, but in a meritocracy it counts for a lot. Certainly if a young person does not have an education, many doors will automatically be closed.
I made point of financial side because emotionally she won't be mature for a few years after school. I figure that 25 years old is when we start putting things together. I noticed how my daughter's view of me changed about then. Before that I was a human credit card. When she stopped groaning at all of my terrible puns it was totally different discussing adult matters. So many things I tried to get across to her came back from her. I'm afraid my father and I never went through that.
Enjoy the voyage with her.
RONC
09-03-2017, 12:13 PM - 2 Likes   #40092
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

In my defense, I tried to get us back on topic by showing my Twinkie wrapped in bacon.
I missed that but it's probably for the best.
Please remember that this is a family friendly forum.
09-03-2017, 12:16 PM - 2 Likes   #40093
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Agree....I quit years ago, but regret every one I smoked. Nasty habit and costly in so many ways.

My girls brushed with Brillo pads and rinsed with 100 Proof Vodka....and they swallowed! Sweet!

Regards!
I assume "they swallowed" is in reference to the vodka?
Were they 3 feet tall, no teeth, and heads flat enough to set your beer on?
09-03-2017, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #40094
Veteran Member

My daughter will be 47 next month, but she's still daddy's little girl.
It's not very often, but she still turns to me when the emotional need arises.

I love my two sons just as much of course, even though I butted heads with both of them until they hit that maturity point RONC speaks about.
My older son once gave advice to his younger brother, he said: "I figured out what rattles the old man's chain, so I quit rattling it."
09-03-2017, 12:53 PM - 1 Like   #40095
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I apologize if I stepped over the line, guess I took this too seriously?:
Warning: Satire Thread
Still not sure how this all came about, but then again, I'm a few peas short of a casserole.

My turn to apologise. I should have been clearer; I was talking about Rupert's feelings here

Apart from that, I'm fairly thick skinned. (Yes, and can be fairly thick, I'm sure.) I know my sense of humour can be quite rough and not always well received.

I think this thread should have room for some teasing, but more importantly I wish us all to have a good time in here. Going back to bacon wrapped Twinkies is always a good strategy