Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
09-15-2017, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #40411
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SUPER! We can look forward to a least another decade of Otis tails & tales.

09-15-2017, 07:28 AM - 1 Like   #40412
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
if some had not worked so hard to antagonize instead of contribute rational thought. Glad we were never guilty of that!
It was even rumored that some people would go so far as to make statements that were actually counter to their actual position just to antagonize but, as you said we were never guilty of that. Well, I certainly wasn't, anyway.
09-15-2017, 07:57 AM - 3 Likes   #40413
Veteran Member

May be moving me to a hospital in Ft Worth today?
Hoo Boy, someone call Ft Worth to warn them.
Keep on keepin' on Jim, you got this!

We're heading out in the morning for our week or so in Colorado.
Pooch is going with us, she's never been on a long trip, so this could be interesting.
09-15-2017, 08:19 AM - 1 Like   #40414
Pentaxian

Keep on Kicking

Jim,

Glad you are doing better. Your kick seems to be getting stronger. That is good news. As far as the old days in P&R, they are almost a forgotten memory. If I remember right we were good at getting peoples goat and they would leave beaten down as they could not take it. I should be ashamed but I am not. I got as much as I dished out. Anyway I am over my bad temper tantrums and have just decided to try and be mellow for the rest of my life. Not sure I will make it as I slip up every so often but I will try. Hard to change ones spots but I think mine have faded somewhat.
Let us know how the new digs in Ft Worth are and here's to a speedy recovery.

Steve

09-15-2017, 10:10 AM - 2 Likes   #40415
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
It was even rumored that some people would go so far as to make statements that were actually counter to their actual position just to antagonize but, as you said we were never guilty of that. Well, I certainly wasn't, anyway.
Jim, you are not saying you think I did that sort of thing ....are you? You know old Rupert is not like that.....don't you?
(Stop reading..........don't read below.....)

QuoteOriginally posted by Artesian Quote
Glad you are doing better. Your kick seems to be getting stronger. That is good news. As far as the old days in P&R, they are almost a forgotten memory. If I remember right we were good at getting peoples goat and they would leave beaten down as they could not take it. I should be ashamed but I am not. I got as much as I dished out. Anyway I am over my bad temper tantrums and have just decided to try and be mellow for the rest of my life. Not sure I will make it as I slip up every so often but I will try. Hard to change ones spots but I think mine have faded somewhat.
Yep Steve, me you and Al used to come over here from our Flickr Site to P&R......... like going to the Circus for fun. We would tear each other to pieces, get really mean and nasty, then go back to Flickr and laugh out butts off over the Firestorm our feud started! It was hilarious! Yes....we have mellowed, and it is a good thing.......we were never really bad guys anyhow.

Let us know how the new digs in Ft Worth are and here's to a speedy recovery.
Thanks Steve! We've been friends a long long time. I prayed for you and your family during Houston Harvey.......and Jay too..... you guys say one for old Rupert....I'm in a no BS serious condition, I need all the prayers I can get.

Thanks once more to all that have encouraged me and given hope and prayers. I just had a physical evaluation....after all this stress and the blood clots etc. along with all week being immobile and in bed, I am as weak as a tiny kitten. Can still walk but lose my breath quickly.......if I am fortunate enough to recover from all this, it will be a slow recovery for sure. Time will tell. A while longer with Mrs Rupert would be wonderful. I worry about her more than me...I can handle most anything, but this is stressing her so bad with worry and deep concern. She is a nervous wreck. I understand......after over 51 years together it is hard to imagine being without half of yourself........even if one half is a damn old contrary "Rupert Type".

Got to go for now......therapist came in.

Love you guys
Regards
Rupert
09-15-2017, 01:11 PM - 5 Likes   #40416
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Got to go for now......therapist came in.
Got a breathing treatment.....I get 4 a day. You put on a mouth/nose mask and it is hooked up to oxygen and a little bottle of bubbling/smoking liquid that you breathe in for about 20 minutes. It smells like burning raccoon hair and is very unpleasant. Actually....sickening.
Then there are several steroid shots a day and two different antibiotic drips. Three or four other drugs in pill form and the all-important blood thinner. I am a walking pharmacy.

Lunch was ...eatable .......if you are hungry. Some kind of fish filet.......that looked like a goldfish....just a little larger. A decent, but cold roll, some broccoli, and a very decent baked potato. Sliced peaches and a pure lettuce salad that was not worth opening. Usually the food is much better.Tonight is a hamburger and fries.....and I bet the fries will be cold.....I hate cold fries.....but will probably eat them, I get so hungry........all those steroid shots will do that! I even nibbled on my serving tray this morning at breakfast....had a slight soapy taste, so they do wash them.

I'm missing Otis......but not all that much really!

Regards!...about worn out for today........You guys continue on with the important work that needs to be done here while I get some rest!
Rupert
09-15-2017, 01:40 PM - 1 Like   #40417
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got a breathing treatment.....I get 4 a day. You put on a mouth/nose mask and it is hooked up to oxygen and a little bottle of bubbling/smoking liquid that you breathe in for about 20 minutes. It smells like burning raccoon hair and is very unpleasant. Actually....sickening.
Then there are several steroid shots a day and two different antibiotic drips. Three or four other drugs in pill form and the all-important blood thinner. I am a walking pharmacy.

Lunch was ...eatable .......if you are hungry. Some kind of fish filet.......that looked like a goldfish....just a little larger. A decent, but cold roll, some broccoli, and a very decent baked potato. Sliced peaches and a pure lettuce salad that was not worth opening. Usually the food is much better.Tonight is a hamburger and fries.....and I bet the fries will be cold.....I hate cold fries.....but will probably eat them, I get so hungry........all those steroid shots will do that! I even nibbled on my serving tray this morning at breakfast....had a slight soapy taste, so they do wash them.

Regards!...about worn out for today........You guys continue on with the important work that needs to be done here while I get some rest!
Rupert
Rupert, I hope all the expert, medical attention you are getting will have the desired effect. Greetings from the Netherlands!

09-15-2017, 01:42 PM - 2 Likes   #40418
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Seems Otis is like a teenage boy, get unruly when it appears there is chance to get away with things.

The steroids will make you ineligible for plaing sports - probably not on your mind right now.
09-15-2017, 01:54 PM - 4 Likes   #40419
Pentaxian

Lunch and other things

Rupert
Jim
I know that you are in a bad situation. Are the blood clots coming from your legs? That is where my brothers clots came from. Hows your heart? Healthy? In good shape? I know you have a good heart and are a good -hearted person because we have been friends for a long time. Probably 10 years or so. If the tables were turned and Mrs Rupert was having trouble you would be the one that was a wreck. It would be hard on you also. Yes 51 years is a long time to be married. I've been married for 46 years so I know what it is like with a spouse for a long time. Eating serving trays huh? Fiberglass or plastic? I think I would prefer plastic. Hopefully dinner will be better and you will not have to chew on the tray like a hungry squirrel.

I just observed here lately that at the bottom of my posts I have no icon to give me a like. I guess someone here is hacked off at me. I seem to be the only one with out a thumbs-up icon at the bottom. Oh well, it rolls off of me anyway. I just speak my mind and so be it.

Hope all the pills, drips and pokes in the arm and other places start working wonders for you. Slow recovery probably is in line but any recovery is better than where you are now. Get well. By the way, I took a squirrel shot yesterday because the little critter reminded me of you and your situation. As you know I have not been the kindest to my squirrels in the past but as I told you a few years ago that I have forgiven them for eating my "Bird" seed and just let them be. Not like your old friend Don 666. Wonder what happened to Don 666 and his friend Tonto? What a hoot back then.
Steve
09-15-2017, 03:01 PM   #40420
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been gone for 6 days, tied up at work, anything interesting going on?
09-15-2017, 03:04 PM   #40421
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just observed here lately that at the bottom of my posts I have no icon to give me a like.
There is a "like" button on your posts, just not one to like your self.
09-15-2017, 03:23 PM - 3 Likes   #40422
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just observed here lately that at the bottom of my posts I have no icon to give me a like. I guess someone here is hacked off at me. I seem to be the only one with out a thumbs-up icon at the bottom. Oh well, it rolls off of me anyway. I just speak my mind and so be it.
I just moved you from 75 to 76 "likes" - - - just to prove it can be done (so don't get any funny ideas).
09-15-2017, 05:15 PM - 6 Likes   #40423
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Been gone for 6 days, tied up at work
Pics of wrist burns or it didn't happen.
09-15-2017, 06:44 PM - 1 Like   #40424
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I just moved you from 75 to 76 "likes" - - - just to prove it can be done (so don't get any funny ideas).
Now that makes sense. Wrong I was. I would't give my self a like even though I am one of my biggest fans. I don't post much but with Jim being down I feel obligated to visit more and check up on him. Oh, thanks for the "Like" even though it was just to prove it can be done.

Steve
09-16-2017, 01:22 AM   #40425
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I just observed here lately that at the bottom of my posts I have no icon to give me a like.
No one can give themselves a like. That's narcissistic.

You can however, give other people likes. So have at it, and sprinkle a few around. It's fun.

And over 75 people have dropped likes on you.

Not bad.